Cung Le in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cung Le in MMA?
ncordless
4/10/07 5:09:15PM
I've seen a couple of Cung Le's mma fights... he looks like he can hold his own and has a big following. When will Dana wake up and sign him? Or if you don't think he should why not?
tapoutking28
4/10/07 9:58:44PM
I think that Dana White should let him fight a few more fights before he throws him into the octogon.
hippysmacker
4/11/07 12:41:46AM
He has good takedowns and great striking, but I would like to know how good he has become on the ground. If he has decent jits, or just good sub defense, he could make some noise. If they put him in against strikers only, like the rumored fight with Zelg in pride, I think he could have some exciting fights.
TheHood
11/2/07 3:40:05AM
yeah, but I think he's a getting bit too old, he should consider to fight some topnotch fighters ASAP....!
TheHood
11/2/07 3:41:54AM

Posted by ncordless

I've seen a couple of Cung Le's mma fights... he looks like he can hold his own and has a big following. When will Dana wake up and sign him? Or if you don't think he should why not?

If Dana diecde to sign him, it would be a huge signal for him to face someone like chuck liddel, quinton jackson and tito ortiz....!
ronniekid
11/2/07 4:42:41AM
he's a 185er. doesnt even have to cut much weight. i dont know bout those 205ers u mentioned. he is hell on wheels at 185. A Silva would destroy him IMO. but u never know with those 4 oz gloves. he would give alot of guys fits standin up. i think he could make 170.
pv3Hpv3p
11/2/07 3:48:19PM
I think he's got a really good thing going with Strikeforce and seems to be one of their marquee guys... Personally I think Strikeforce has a better MW div than the UFC does anyways, sos I gather there will be plenty of good matchups for him where he is now... ie) Lawler, Vitale, Baroni, Ninja, Villasenior, Fukida, Shamrock, or since their partnership with CageRage maybe Simtex or someone of that ilk... Lotsa good fights in that MW div if you ask me