Cung Lee vs Frank Shamrock

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cung Lee vs Frank Shamrock
POLL: Who Wins
Cung Lee 48% (30)
Frank Shamrock 52% (32)
Kracker_Jap
3/12/08 11:42:03AM
Who else is watering at the mouth for this fight???

If your a long time die hard fan of fighting, this fight has to warm your heart a little....

I can remember staying up way late just to watch Cung Lee fight on Espn and getting phone calls from the movie rental place asking me to bring back their UFC tapes. "These guys are legends in my mind"

I don't think alot of green fans have hade a chance to see Cung Lee fight but the guy is a total Ninja and if he is able to stuff 2 shots from Shamrock this fight will be his

My pick Cung Lee KO second rd.

What do you guys think??
Rich78
3/12/08 12:04:40PM
Can't wait, tentatively hoping for a sweet 1st round KO of Shamrock.

Also, don't mean to piss on your chips or anything, but isn't it spelled Cung Le?
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/12/08 12:11:18PM

Posted by Rich78

Also, don't mean to piss on your chips or anything, but isn't it spelled Cung Le?

yes
StevenSeagal
3/12/08 12:12:01PM
Whos down for av bet here? Frank is one of my favs and ill gladly take Frank over Cung in a bet. Takers?
mrliquid
3/12/08 12:38:09PM
Shamrock 2nd round sub
SpiderSilva
3/12/08 12:52:47PM

Little Shammy is still on another level than Le

Le hasnt fought the likes of Frank he may be older but he is still one of the best out there this will be a huge win in his comeback to be dominate again
pv3Hpv3p
3/12/08 1:23:35PM
Anyone think we'll see the flying leg scissor TD from Cung?

I don't exactly know what San Shou (sp?) is, but I know when I watched him in those matches he'd throw guys around like no ones business...

All I'm saying is that Cung's TDs might suprise some people, I don't know what he's going to do about submission defense or if he ends up on his back though....

Anyone think Frank will actually stand with Le? IMO, it wouldn't be in his best interests...
scoozna
3/12/08 1:54:48PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p
Anyone think Frank will actually stand with Le? IMO, it wouldn't be in his best interests...

Never question Frank's foolhardiness.
I do think Frank takes this fight though.
Kracker_Jap
3/13/08 2:23:10AM
WOW all the post for Frank???

Man you guys are wrong Cung LE is a NINJA
Kracker_Jap
3/13/08 3:31:22AM

Posted by Rich78

Can't wait, tentatively hoping for a sweet 1st round KO of Shamrock.

I don't like piss on my chips but I do like to spell names correctly....

thank you
pv3Hpv3p
3/13/08 11:11:47AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Cung le is a NINJA, that we can't argue about.... But we've never seen him really tested on the ground, which we know Frank will do... Le's standup is an A+, but his ground game is a big ?
disorderlyvision
3/13/08 1:52:25PM
im rooting for le. i watched his san shou fights and was excited to see him get into mma, and he hasnt dissapointed me yet. plus i am not a shamrock fan especially frank.
Kracker_Jap
3/14/08 6:29:13PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Cung le is a NINJA, that we can't argue about.... But we've never seen him really tested on the ground, which we know Frank will do... Le's standup is an A+, but his ground game is a big ?

Mark my words this fight is not going to go to the ground
number0
3/25/08 2:36:33PM
Im givin the ground game to frank and the stand up to cung le.But I think frank would always be a better fighter than his older brother ken.I hope frank ko's cung le just to show his skills better than ken.Cung le i feel will be the one of the hardest test for frank.But I hope cung puts up a hell of a fight.
Kracker_Jap
3/29/08 8:30:35PM
Update: were does everyone stand a few hours before the fight???

My money is on LE or Lee
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:41:07PM
i have my money on Le as well...but am a little doubtful about it now..
Kracker_Jap
3/29/08 8:43:23PM

Posted by Mayhem13

i have my money on Le as well...but am a little doubtful about it now..

Thats called the pre-fight jitters
Kracker_Jap
3/30/08 1:25:04AM
HaHa told you guys Cung was a ninja

Check my picks Iwas right on the money
Svartorm
3/30/08 3:15:12AM
Same here.

I love Frank, but that was a bad match-up for him, as he didn't have an out to win the fight. The only place he could win is putting Le on his back, but Les reflexes and TD defense are too good to allow it. Short of dropping Le with punches, that fight wasn't hitting the ground, and that didn't play out so well for Frank.
Kracker_Jap
3/30/08 2:08:15PM
It is nice to see that we agree
tberg420
3/30/08 6:26:31PM
I don't really believe any of this but thought that I would give everyone else a look that hasn't had the chance to read this yet. Again, don't flame me for posting this because I'm not saying, I believe it but the guy has over 10,000 posts there and isn't a newb.

Sherdog Posting
Kracker_Jap
3/30/08 9:41:06PM

Posted by tberg420

I don't really believe any of this but thought that I would give everyone else a look that hasn't had the chance to read this yet. Again, don't flame me for posting this because I'm not saying, I believe it but the guy has over 10,000 posts there and isn't a newb.

Sherdog Posting

Wow that is something to think about

But in the end I still hate Sherdog!! the post there are alway iffy

Svartorm
4/1/08 4:25:39AM
Yeah, but he really DID break his arm. A hospital doesn't do surgery as part of a gimmick after all, and the surgery was reported by actual media, not Strikeforce.

Plus, its Sherdog. You can probably go back and find a similar thread for every single fight that ever happened. Hell, I remember someone posting that they were betting $20,000 on Sokoudjou to beat Lil Nog at Pride the day the fight was announced.
Kracker_Jap
4/2/08 1:14:48AM
MMAPLAYGROUND > sherdogg

BY FAR