Cung Le still chooses movies over MMA for now

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cung Le still chooses movies over MMA for now
MMAcca
11/25/08 2:54:16PM
“Right now I’m just going to focus on the movies because I got like three other movies lined up. I’m a martial artist first, so I come up through MMA, and I’m very grateful. I know where my roots are, but because of MMA I’m able to do this, so I got to take advantage of it. We’ll see me back in action sometime soon or sometime down the line.”

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
11/25/08 3:14:33PM
yay
Aaronno9
11/25/08 3:18:00PM
So what hes saying is, hes a matial artist first, but movies come first? Um. Ok.

I wish hed concentrate on fighting though, i cant wait for Anderson to destroy the hype.
Playground_Samurai
11/25/08 3:44:39PM
At first glance, there really isn't much competition in Strikeforce to challenge Le anyways. Maybe Misaki, Shamrock, or Scott Smith. However, Strikeforce does a lot of co promotion and brings in new fighters consistently, so i'm sure they could set up some good fights for Le to defend his title. That being said, if Cung decides to definatly sit out all of 2009, i'd like to see him stripped of his title.
motorboatensob
11/25/08 4:15:11PM
I hope he fights soon his window of opportunity is closing. He is getting older by the day I would like to see him fight some more MW guys to see how good he is.
haggiswashere
11/25/08 4:35:24PM
He needs to focus on fighting. Ring rust is horrible on guys moving up
warglory
11/25/08 5:36:20PM
The dude is a champion, his priority needs to be his title that he claims was so important to him for so long.
jae_1833
11/25/08 6:50:17PM
Aw man.....WTF!!! How are you going to win a belt after only 6 Professional MMA Bouts and then basically drop it to the wayside to make movies that are mediocre at best!! Cung Le has a ton of MW's to fight....Lawler, Smith, Ninja, Noke.....to name just a few that are in/near his org.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/25/08 10:26:35PM
Not surprising he wants to make some money. His hype has hit a plateau. It's only a matter of time before he's exposed in mma.
Jackelope
11/25/08 10:49:50PM
Don't get me wrong- Cung Le definitely has legitimate skills, but I think he's hyped to be way more than he actually is. I'd pick Misaki over him any day of the week.
EvenFlow
11/25/08 10:52:38PM

Posted by Jackelope

Don't get me wrong- Cung Le definitely has legitimate skills, but I think he's hyped to be way more than he actually is. I'd pick Misaki over him any day of the week.

I've said that before too, Misaki is a bad matchup for Le, as if Akiyama, Kang even Frank Shamrock if he'd actually have taken Le down (which he refused to do....)
harrisa
11/25/08 11:53:55PM
Strikeforce should strip him of his belt if he continues to not fight. His last fight was freakin 9 months ago and nothing is stopping him from fighting. Defend your belt or give it up. GSP, BJ and Anderson would get insulted up and down if they didn't fight for this long for basically no reason, not an injury or filming TUF or something but movies?? come on Cung
gsquat
11/26/08 9:54:47AM
Boooooo. Terrible terrible waste of talent.
loller90278
11/26/08 2:06:01PM

Posted by Jackelope

why so? i think cung is a better striker than misaki, and he likes to stand and bang.

akiyama on the other hand though, is a total different story