Cung Le vs. Anderson Silva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cung Le vs. Anderson Silva?
POLL: Who would win a stand-up only fight?
Cung Le 17% (6)
Anderson Silva 83% (30)
imanidiot777
3/12/08 3:36:01PM
If Cung Le was to fight Anderson Silva in a STAND-UP ONLY fight, just to see who is the better striker, who would win?
richieb19
3/12/08 3:45:59PM
Anderson Silva has always had great standup in MMA, but it's ridiculous that he suddenly gets credit for it since he's been in the UFC. No one cared less about him when he was hitting Newton with a flying knee or Fryklund with a upward elbow, but now that he's gotten exposure to the "true fans" he's become an instant god. Cung Le has better standup than Anderson, along with a looooooong list of fighters to have graced MMA with striking abilities.
seanfu
3/12/08 7:02:24PM
In San Shou rules that would include striking while clinching and other muay thai moves such as knees and elbows. Cung Le by flashy god like takedowns he's known for.

In free rules with no takedowns or sweeps Anderson Silva by UD.
NatedawgThaM
3/12/08 8:19:20PM
I'll go with Anderson because of the huge reach advantage. Le would have the technique advantage since K-1 is his element he's been winning for years but Anderson has pin point accuracy and with that long reach it creates problems. So Cung would have to win with Kicks which he definitely could do.

I'm kinda stuck on this fight but with boxing matches unless there all time great champions, I usually go with the guy with the long reach that uses it slickly like Anderson so I'll go Anderson by decision.
bls1919
3/12/08 9:15:16PM
I would go with Silva. he has a good reach and he is my fav fighter. reallt thogh it would be a good stand up bout
DevonFoxy
3/12/08 11:43:53PM
Voted for Silva..but it was an accident. Silva has good stand up but Le has great stand up. In a stand up fight only Le takes this imo.
Twenty20Dollars
3/13/08 7:50:24AM
silva all the way. more experience
gsquat
3/13/08 10:58:13AM
I've said this before, but in a stand-up only fight, Cung Le would win it. The combinations he puts together are amazing. Not to mention his striking accuracy. On the ground I think its obvious who has the advantage. Anderson has the advantage on the ground against almost any opponent. Although I think Silva would keep it on the feet if they fought. If that was the case, Le would have a pretty good chance of winning that fight.
Aaronno9
3/13/08 12:36:40PM
Id go with silva basically becouse i dont think chung could knock him out, and also dont think he could hang however many rounds it would be without getting knocked out himself. I think anderson has got an absolute granite chin, he took big shots off ace and hendo and hardly looked phased.
Aaronno9
3/13/08 12:44:42PM

Posted by richieb19

Anderson Silva has always had great standup in MMA, but it's ridiculous that he suddenly gets credit for it since he's been in the UFC. No one cared less about him when he was hitting Newton with a flying knee or Fryklund with a upward elbow, but now that he's gotten exposure to the "true fans" he's become an instant god. Cung Le has better standup than Anderson, along with a looooooong list of fighters to have graced MMA with striking abilities.

Why is it ridiculous? His earlier fights are hardly well publicised apart from when get got subbed with that flying heel hook. Its pretty obvious that the more he gets exposed the more people are going to say hes got good stand up, simply becouse more people are able to see his fights now. Ill be the first to admit the only fights id seen of him before he joined the ufc where against murray, newton, chonan and rivera. Its not that i wasnt giving him credit back then, it was just i hadnt seen enough of his fights to realise how good it was.