Where is Cung Le?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Where is Cung Le?
WrestlersAssassin
10/11/08 10:13:56PM
I know theres a lot of controversy in Elite right now but wheres the Strikeforce MW champ been? Hes highly marketable (more marketable than Kimbo imho) why hasnt a fight been made since he beat Frank in March, ring rust is a bad thing to have especially since he'll probably step up in competition and fight Misaki etc.
Khaos
10/11/08 10:28:56PM
if I remember correctly he was filming for the Tekken movie awhile back.
juanez13
10/11/08 11:43:30PM
Yea he is tied up with acting. He said he would be back mid-next year, disappointing, but at least he has got something to do after he retires from MMA.
Naturaldisaster
10/12/08 9:24:49AM

Posted by juanez13

Yea he is tied up with acting. He said he would be back mid-next year, disappointing, but at least he has got something to do after he retires from MMA.

well elite XC should go under by then so hopefully he will make his return to MMA in UFC
cowcatcher
10/12/08 9:30:35AM
he really cant have too many miles left on him, hes an older guy and taking this time off definately wont help his game. obviously mma is not #1 to him, and thats just fine, but its a little disappointing as a fan because he could have/still could make a big splash in the sport just because he has an unorthodox, exciting style that many people havent seen before.
DCRage
10/12/08 11:41:04AM
He'll be back on the first Strikeforce event of 2009 to defend his title. That from SF higher-ups.
bls1919
10/12/08 7:45:25PM
i wonder who he will fight when he comes bcak. Also i dont like Fighters acting. Just my 2 cents.
Branwest
10/12/08 8:45:23PM
Yeah, he hasn't got much longer in MMA. I think he's 36. I would like to see him fight A.Silva just for pure entertainment purposes. I don't think Cung would win, but it's fun watching his striking. He'll probably have some serious knee issues when he gets older. And ankle problems too.
Who will he fight when he does come back? Lawler? That'd be a good fight. I'd have to take Robbie. I don't know, Le's striking is great. Those kicks are quick and powerful. Elite and Strikeforce just need to completely merge w/Affliction so they'll have more fighters, plus, at least Affliction has a chance of making it somewhat of a more legit league (although after what's happened lately, there's not much of a chance of that, especially while the Shaw's are running that org, they are crooked).
Kracker_Jap
10/12/08 10:27:07PM
Cung lee is one of my favorite martial artist of all time I hope he gets to fight some ranked guys before he gets too old
juanez13
10/13/08 12:09:17AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by juanez13

well elite XC should go under by then so hopefully he will make his return to MMA in UFC

Could be possible, there are a couple interviews with Dana were he says he likes Cung, and is one of the guys he'd like to bring into the UFC. Not to often do you hear things like that from Dana, could be interesting seeing him in the octagon, although i do believe he is overrated.