Cummo vs. Haynes???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cummo vs. Haynes???
waylon_o
3/7/07 1:46:42PM
To me, this may not be the best fight, but it could be the most evenly matched. Cummo's good on the ground, Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?
fedorwins1
3/7/07 1:58:59PM
I got Luke on this one he is more skilled than Haynes. Haynes just kinda swings and hopes he connects. I don't see Luke finishing Haynes tho, he has a heart of a lion.
waylon_o
3/7/07 2:07:03PM
Well I knew Haynes was wild, but Cummo doesn't seem real agressive.
hathcock32
3/7/07 2:21:07PM
The suprise to me is going to be How Haynes looks after cutting so much weight. He has potential to be a decent contender at 170, if he's not drained from cutting the weight. He has got a pretty good stand up, and he can take a beating. Rory Singer and Bisping both gave him a pretty good ass-kicking. I just can't see him losing to Cummo. IMO Haynes 2nd TKO
crimethinc
3/7/07 2:25:33PM

Posted by waylon_o

Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?

I keep hearing this. Since when does Haynes throw wild KO punches. I attribute this line of thought directly to TUF influence. The whole time he was on the show all he did was talk about his heavy hands. "Bring the Pain" Haynes is 7-7 with 7 submission victories and it's pretty much all rear naked chokes and guillotine chokes.

I think these two are the definition of "B" level fighters but I think Cummo has decent stand-up and good ground skills. Plus, I don't think Haynes conditioning is that great so I'm giving it to Cummo with a late 2nd or 3rd round Sub.
wkm311
3/7/07 2:27:00PM
This is a hard fight to call, I think Cummo is the better fighter, but Im picking Haynes by KO. I just think he is gonna land a bomb.
wkm311
3/7/07 2:29:34PM

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by waylon_o

Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?

I keep hearing this. Since when does Haynes throw wild KO punches. I attribute this line of thought directly to TUF influence. The whole time he was on the show all he did was talk about his heavy hands. "Bring the Pain" Haynes is 7-7 with 7 submission victories and it's pretty much all rear naked chokes and guillotine chokes.

I think these two are the definition of "B" level fighters but I think Cummo has decent stand-up and good ground skills. Plus, I don't think Haynes conditioning is that great so I'm giving it to Cummo with a late 2nd or 3rd round Sub.

B level fighters? Forrest Griffin, Andrei Arlovski, Keith Jardine, guys like that are B level fighters. Try C or even D level fighters...
waylon_o
3/7/07 2:32:44PM

Posted by wkm311

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by waylon_o

B level fighters? Forrest Griffin, Andrei Arlovski, Keith Jardine, guys like that are B level fighters. Try C or even D level fighters...

Andrei Arlovski a B level fighter? These other guys, definitely, but Arlovski? Come on man.
seeger1
3/7/07 2:44:58PM
I think Luke is great,I hope he wins this fight.Luke,may the force be with you.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
wkm311
3/7/07 2:54:12PM

Andrei Arlovski a B level fighter? These other guys, definitely, but Arlovski? Come on man.

I like Andrei Arlovski, the only reason I put him as a B level fighter is because, in my opinion, he hasnt beat any A level fighters
jdubs
3/7/07 4:52:28PM
cummo puts me to sleep
papercut
3/7/07 4:59:27PM

Posted by jdubs

cummo puts me to sleep

yeah he is a boring fighter but I still can't pick a favorite for this fight
Ydoc
3/7/07 5:00:58PM

Posted by crimethinc

Good point. All I saw him do was flurry punching then he locks in some ghetto sub. The closest he came to a KO was when Tait fell in hopes to fool Josh and make him jump in his guard, otherwise he's all heart. Luke by sub.
Lay_N_Pray
3/7/07 5:05:09PM
Luke reminds me alot of Kendall Grove. Long, lanky body that makes it hard for opponents to strike or sub. He is good on his feet and Gumby on the ground, he can manuver with the best when it comes to getting position.

I take Luke by 2nd round sub
waylon_o
3/7/07 5:06:31PM
Cummo is living proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Who the hell would have ever thought this guy was an ultimate fighter?
fartinggrappler
3/8/07 3:34:03AM
i call luke by sub rd 2..........also would nver want to see either of these two fight again unless it was in cage rage. ufc match making =clownshoes
Rich78
3/8/07 6:33:21AM

Posted by waylon_o

Cummo is living proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Who the hell would have ever thought this guy was an ultimate fighter?

True, I agree. For someone that seems a bit strange, and not in an aggressive way like some fighters, he still comes off to me as someone with decent ability. Which to be honest, I've never seen from Haynes. Cummo wins, relatively easily UNLESS Haynes has kept all the power he 'supposedly' had after dropping all this weight.
Berti
3/8/07 5:08:44PM
cummo, via really really silent victory..U.D.