CSAC reactions to Bigfoot fighting yet?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » CSAC reactions to Bigfoot fighting yet?
Kpro
1/6/09 8:08:32PM
Has the CSAC responded to Bigfoot Silva fighting in Japan while suspended in the US yet ?
SmileR
1/6/09 9:17:13PM
Yeah they did! They are trying to revoke his license and I think are trying to revoke the licenses of anyone who cornered and helped him set up the fight!
Its harsh if you ask me!

I'll have a dig about for the story, stay sexy in the mean time man!

EDIT: Heres the link to the full story...Link
jiujitsufreak74
1/6/09 9:27:34PM
they can't do that can they? i mean he is only suspended here (or more specifically California) so his dealings in Japan is out of their jurisdiction and business. i personally wouldn't mind it too much if they were able to revoke his license in California, but if they revoke his cornerman's i will have a big problem with that.
SmileR
1/6/09 9:33:10PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

they can't do that can they? i mean he is only suspended here (or more specifically California) so his dealings in Japan is out of their jurisdiction and business. i personally wouldn't mind it too much if they were able to revoke his license in California, but if they revoke his cornerman's i will have a big problem with that.

Apparently they can, they are going after Alex Davis as well because he set up the fight in Japan. It BS, I don't see how they can have such huge holes in their case and expect a man to just sit there an accept a suspension when he has proof he was innocent!
The CSAC is becoming a joke! How can they refuse to review a case then fine someone for something which isn't even against the rules!

Jackelope
1/6/09 9:41:10PM
Either CSAC is the most pure,or the most corrupt AC in all of the sport. I'm on the fence. With Bigfoot Silva I gotta think they're wrong. I had my suspicions about them being wrong with Sherk, too. (Although they definitely had more of a case with him)

Anyways, if they're just being thugs then I'd say we all take away their license!
SmileR
1/6/09 9:50:56PM
This has really angered me! I don't see how a sentence can stand when people provide proof to show they are innocent! They should have at least looked at the evidence and then reassessed the case before dismissing it completely!

I hope Alex Davis does get the case to a civil court and the CSAC is put under investigation! Thats two high profile fighters who have challenged decisions and been brushed off without so much as a second glance!
Something needs to be done about this before it actually ruins a good fighters career.
Jackelope
1/6/09 9:55:04PM

Posted by SmileR

This has really angered me! I don't see how a sentence can stand when people provide proof to show they are innocent! They should have at least looked at the evidence and then reassessed the case before dismissing it completely!

I hope Alex Davis does get the case to a civil court and the CSAC is put under investigation! Thats two high profile fighters who have challenged decisions and been brushed off without so much as a second glance!
Something needs to be done about this before it actually ruins a good fighters career.

Exactly, bro. Arguably they already have with Sherk. (if he was innocent) He was stripped of the title, lost a ton of face with fans, and had to go a year without collecting big paychecks. In a sport where you've only got a couple years to make your money that can be hugely damaging. Sherk is lucky he's still got the name he does to be honest. It's only a testament to how hard the man works and how good of a fighter he is.

In the case of Bigfoot Silva they stole the thunder right out from under him. He was demolishing competition in the U.S. and starting to really make a name for himself. Hell, I personally consider him a legitimate contender with lots of room to grow.

It frustrates the hell out of me too bro.
cowcatcher
1/6/09 9:56:59PM
well now that there are going to be changes made at the top of the AC im guessing we will see some changes. either way its garbage, but like i said hopefully things there will ease up soon, but if not screw california, there are plenty of other states and several other countries that can hold major mma events so just stay out of cali and dont give those a-holes the revenue that holding a major show there generates.
cowcatcher
1/6/09 10:01:32PM

Posted by Jackelope

Exactly, bro. Arguably they already have with Sherk. (if he was innocent) He was stripped of the title, lost a ton of face with fans, and had to go a year without collecting big paychecks. In a sport where you've only got a couple years to make your money that can be hugely damaging.

think of how many fans sherk would have now had that never happened(assuming he was innocent of course). he is one of the most hated fighters out there, and he doesnt have a mouth like a diaz, or seem to be cocky when interviewed, and hes one hell of a fighter, maybe near the top P4P. his reputation has been ruined and he will suffer financially because of it, i mean how many sponsorships has he lost out on because of this? im sure the supplement companies arent lining up to have a guy that was found guilty of using roids to rep them.
Kpro
1/6/09 10:09:03PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Jackelope

Exactly, bro. Arguably they already have with Sherk. (if he was innocent) He was stripped of the title, lost a ton of face with fans, and had to go a year without collecting big paychecks. In a sport where you've only got a couple years to make your money that can be hugely damaging.

think of how many fans sherk would have now had that never happened(assuming he was innocent of course). he is one of the most hated fighters out there, and he doesnt have a mouth like a diaz, or seem to be cocky when interviewed, and hes one hell of a fighter, maybe near the top P4P. his reputation has been ruined and he will suffer financially because of it, i mean how many sponsorships has he lost out on because of this? im sure the supplement companies arent lining up to have a guy that was found guilty of using roids to rep them.

I sometimes think his celebrating alongside Hughes when Serra beat GSP earned him more fans that hate him than his steroid ordeal. But that's moreso telling of GSP's popularity than anything else.

It is unfortunate that he lost a lot of fans with that case though as I and most don't feel he did intentionally use.
SmileR
1/6/09 10:15:15PM

Posted by Jackelope

Exactly, bro. Arguably they already have with Sherk. (if he was innocent) He was stripped of the title, lost a ton of face with fans, and had to go a year without collecting big paychecks. In a sport where you've only got a couple years to make your money that can be hugely damaging. Sherk is lucky he's still got the name he does to be honest. It's only a testament to how hard the man works and how good of a fighter he is.

In the case of Bigfoot Silva they stole the thunder right out from under him. He was demolishing competition in the U.S. and starting to really make a name for himself. Hell, I personally consider him a legitimate contender with lots of room to grow.

It frustrates the hell out of me too bro.

I don't get how they can have the final say as to who listens to the appeals. In any other sport they would have been investigated right away when Sherk challenged them the first time and they refused to hear him. Could you see anything like this happening in Basketball, Baseball or Football? They would have been kicked off the ASAC right away!
I genuinely think their should be a board of appeals governing the whole continent that has the right to withdraw any decisions they feel have been wrongly upheld or passed without proper investigation.

I agree with you 100% when you say the window of opportunity to make money in the sport is small. Bigfoot was one hell of a fighter and at 29 when he is just entering his peak they have seriously limited the amount of money he can make. This is someone's lively hood, it should be treated as if it is and not just a opportunity to flex their power.
Jackelope
1/6/09 10:23:00PM
Well at least we all know the hardcore fans stand united on this front This is why the playground kicks ass
DCRage
1/7/09 5:18:30AM
Silva's lincense may be revoked in February, his manager's suspended until late July (license expiration). Kinda moot for now because he'll probably fight only in Japan now. After all, a fighter's gotta eat.
telnights
1/7/09 2:38:43PM
Any AC would do the same thing the CSAC is doing. If you defy their suspension they will do everything in their power to make sure you cant fight in the US again. If it was the NSAC they would be doing the same thing. Right or wrong its a huge mistake by Bigfoot and his management because the other AC will back the CSAC on this suspension and revoking him and his managers licenses. Even if he is telling the truth and he didn't use any drugs him and his management has chosen the worse way to go about dealing with this.