CSAC Implements New Rules & Regulations

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » CSAC Implements New Rules & Regulations
DCRage
3/9/08 10:13:29AM
Among new rules & regulations being implemented by the CSAC include requiring fighters who want to get or renew fighter licenses to submit urine samples, having the authority to overturn fight results, and expanding the list of banned substances.

Article
DCRage
3/9/08 10:14:29AM
Someone should make sure Liddell knows that alcohol is now on the list given his legendary pre-fight partying ways.
krthll1
3/9/08 10:28:53AM
I have never been a fan of taking wins a way from a fighter. I don't mind taking a lot of money away but I don't feel the wins should be taken away.
BigTomZ
3/9/08 10:48:45AM
I think a fighters win should be taken away if he tests positive for performance enhancing drugs. I do not think their wins should be taken away for recreational drugs.
krthll1
3/9/08 10:55:53AM

Posted by BigTomZ

I think a fighters win should be taken away if he tests positive for performance enhancing drugs. I do not think their wins should be taken away for recreational drugs. [/QUOTE

agreed
grappler0000
3/9/08 11:00:25AM
Caffeine is both a Diuretic and a Stimulant...so, is caffeine banned then? Nicotine...also a stimulant. The words Diuretic and Stimulant are fairly vague.
Twenty20Dollars
3/9/08 11:23:59AM
well chuck doesnt really have to worry about this, unless other places change their stuff, because chuck is fighting overseas and then he usually requests to fight in Vegas, not Cali, but you never know.
jiujitsufreak74
3/9/08 11:48:01AM

Posted by grappler0000

Caffeine is both a Diuretic and a Stimulant...so, is caffeine banned then? Nicotine...also a stimulant. The words Diuretic and Stimulant are fairly vague.

agreed, if they don't follow up with a second article clarifying their banned substances i will have a problem with it. hopefully this will be a positive with clear cut substances and in a perfect world it will deter fighters from certain substances that should not under any circumstances be in your body the night before a fight.
wrestler189
3/9/08 2:29:13PM
yea i was thinking the same thing. not specific at all
jae_1833
3/9/08 3:08:12PM
I'm pretty sure their intentions are that diuretics aren't used to help a fighter cut mass amounts of weight before the fight. This has proven to be a little dangerous. The stimulant thing is very loose in this article but I am sure they are talking about over the counter and illegals, not coffee!! The dept should definately be able to turn wins into NC....it's the same as if you groin strike....it's called cheating and if you get caught you need to be punished! A NC instead of a W is the perfect solution because a fighter lives on his own hype....he's only as good as his last highlight reel. So long as the fighter's stay clean then they shouldn't even care about these new rules anyways.
BlazinSaddle
3/10/08 2:32:31AM
i like the idea of them getting stricter on roid-head cheaters sure they'll always find a way in all sports but at least the majority of them will get caught and shamed, even if they dont get caught they can deal with the haunting that they're scumbag cheapskates who are afraid of true competition and the disfiguring of they're bodys years afterword regardless of dosage(s)