CSAC changes UFC on FOX 1's Peralta vs. Semerzier result to no contest

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » CSAC changes UFC on FOX 1's Peralta vs. Semerzier result to no contest
FastKnockout
12/13/11 6:52:49PM
It's almost as if it never happened.

The California State Athletic Commission today changed the result of a Nov. 12 bout between Mackens Semerzier and Robert Peralta after it was determined an inadvertent headbutt was responsible for ending the UFC on FOX contest in Anaheim, Calif.

Semerzier's manager, Brian Butler-Au of SuckerPunch Entertainment, first announced the change via Twitter.

LINK
grappler0000
12/13/11 7:24:20PM
I'm glad Semerzier gets a mulligan, but I lost points on that fight damnit.
Twenty20Dollars
12/13/11 7:33:04PM
good
FastKnockout
12/13/11 8:00:42PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. It wasn't a bad scrap and there isn't anyone I can think of who I'd be dying to see either matched up against. Peralta might not be for it, though. After the fight he said he wasn't too excited about the thought of a rematch, but now it's not actually considered a win on his record, he might feel differently.
BuffaloDave
12/13/11 8:17:56PM
Happy this got overturned!! Peralta sounded ridiculous trying to justify him keeping the win. I'm definitely in favor of a rematch, if not that's fine since it was turned to a NC.
Bubbles
12/13/11 10:37:57PM

Posted by grappler0000

I'm glad Semerzier gets a mulligan, but I lost points on that fight damnit.

you and me both
Aether
12/14/11 8:24:02AM
if it makes you feel any better, peralta was taking control of the fight and I think he took round 2 and was probably taking round 3.

Of course we'll never know for sure, but the momentum was swinging in his favour the more the fight wore on I think.

Also, can we get a post from the guys who were adamant that this wasn't going to happen in the spoilers thread?
BuffaloDave
12/14/11 8:42:58AM

Posted by Aether

Also, can we get a post from the guys who were adamant that this wasn't going to happen in the spoilers thread?

I don't think Peralta posts here!!

FR33B1RD
12/14/11 12:35:31PM
For awhile there I was pissed because it looked like they just wanted to sweep it under the rug, like Rumble vs Burns 1. But this is very awesome news that Peralta gets his b/s headbutt win taken away. I say bring on the rematch or at least the fight after, that was an awesome fight before the stoppage.
Kpro
12/14/11 6:35:59PM

Posted by Aether

Even in the Facebook chat I said it would be overturned and by far the majority said there's basically no chance. If the fight was in certain other countries the UFC has been, I'd agree that there would've been very little chance. Luckily for Semerzier it happened where it did.
Drudinh
12/15/11 5:05:09AM

Posted by FR33B1RD

For awhile there I was pissed because it looked like they just wanted to sweep it under the rug, like Rumble vs Burns 1. But this is very awesome news that Peralta gets his b/s headbutt win taken away. I say bring on the rematch or at least the fight after, that was an awesome fight before the stoppage.

My thoughts exactly