The Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientology Tried to Suppress

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientology Tried to Suppress
Rush
1/17/08 10:22:13PM
I'm not normally into celeb news, but I saw this mentioned in the paper today and it piqued my interest. See it while it is available because the CoS is closing these down ASAP.

Video

From the site:

You have to watch this video. It shows Tom Cruise, with all the wide-eyed fervor that he brings to the promotion of a movie, making the argument for Scientology, the bizarre 20th-century religion. Making the argument is an understatement. The Hollywood actor, star of movies such as Mission Impossible, is a complete fanatic. "When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help... We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures." There's much much more. Let me put it this way: if Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch was an 8 on the scale of scary, this is a 10.

This video's been passed around privately by reporters and writers investigating Cruise's ties with Scientology. Most reporters have been wary of taking on the Scientologists, because they have a history of both litigation, and the harassment of critics. The publication of Andrew Morton's biography of Tom Cruise, which claims he is the second most powerful person in the cult, has seems to have opened the floodgates. Several indoctrination videos were available on Google Video, on Sunday, and showcased on Gawker, before being removed by the person who had originally posted them. Yesterday, for a few hours, the clip of Tom Cruise discussing his beliefs as a Scientologist appeared on Youtube, and was republished by Radar and Defamer. That video is no longer available, most likely after the Church of Scientology sent in a copyright infringement notice. Gawker is now hosting a copy of the video; it's newsworthy; and we will not be removing it.

Here is a funny breakdown of some of his comments

More Blogs | National Post Home | Financial Post Home | News | Opinion | Arts | Life | Sports | Multimedia | Your Post

Main | About | Contact Editor | Subscribe RSS

Deconstructing the Video: The Tom Cruise Scientology video
Posted: January 16, 2008, 3:30 PM by Mark Medley
Deconstructing the Video

The Tom Cruise Scientology video is -- threats of lawsuits notwithstanding -- popping up all over the internet. Leading the charge is Gawker; the site is refusing to take down the video (click the picture above to watch it.) We here at The Ampersand decided to break it down for you, in case you don't have 9 and a half minutes to spare. There's also a one hour version that is starting to surface. This surely promises to take some of the heat off Britney Spears, at least until next week.

0:09 -- Tom thinks it's a "privilege" to call yourself a Scientologist. They also have, he claims, "the ability to create new and better realities." Isn't that sort of like Tron?

0:31 -- Glossary: KSW means Keep Scientology Working. He also likes to smell his finger.

0:59 -- "Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident it's not like anyone else. As you drive past, you know you have to do something about it. Because you know you're the only one that can really help." I should get some reaction from paramedics on this one.

1:54 -- "Am I gonna do it or I am not gonna do it?" Um, I don't think I'm going to do it.

2:04 -- "I won't hesitate to put ethics in someone else." This just sounds creepy.

2:40 -- Scientologists are, according to Cruise, authorities on getting people off drugs and authorities on the mind. I missed that article in the New England Journal of Medicine.

2:45 -- "Criminon?" What is that? Is that like Krypton?

3:59 -- "If you're a Scientologist, you see life...things the way there are." That reminds me of the Roddy Piper movie They Live where he puts on a pair of magic sunglasses in order to see aliens that are invading Earth.

4:12 -- Here's where the crazy train starts rolling.

4:23 -- Crazy train, full speed ahead.

5:15 -- He wishes he could go on vacation and "romp and play."

5:34 -- Tom Cruise is at a loss for words.

7:42 -- Yes, he just used the term "wild and woolly."

8:38 -- This reminds me of Ben Stiller's impersonation of Tom Cruise on Celebrity Jeopardy.

In case it gets removed, here were other working links I got from doing a search.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/01/-we-are-the-way.php
http://www.scientomogy.com/tom_cruise_secret_scientology_video.php
http://defamer.com/344987/the-tom-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientologists-dont-want-you-to-see
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1107504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZ30Ttk7A8
http://www.urbanswirl.com/gossip/with-love-from-mars.html
http://www.defamer.com.au/2008/01/secret_tom_cruise_scientology_indoctrination_video_finally_hits_web_proves_he_is_even_crazier_than_we_ever_imagined-2.html
Rush
1/17/08 10:37:34PM
Here's another video. I haven't watched this one, but it's another that is being pulled.

This guy is officially mad.

Link

I think I found a rapidshare version. It's a longer one (30 mins according to the place I got the URL) than the initial post, if you can stomach it.

Rapidshare
roadking95th
1/17/08 11:10:06PM
Just sounded like a man who was passionate about his "religion." No more goofy than some I've seen from Christians, Muslims, Jews, and Atheists.

Do I believe Scientologists views? No. But I don't like to criticize others personal beliefs unless they are attacking mine.
Bemin
1/17/08 11:26:46PM
A few years ago I had an employee who was a scientologist, he didn't last long. The first I knew of his "Religion" was shortly after I hired him he tried giving away his Hubbard books to other staff, and preaching to them about how it was the way. I talked to him quickly about this, telling him that the work place wasn't the place for this and to go nutz with his conversions elsewhere.

A couple of days later I was told he was back at it, so I had a meeting with him to tell him we were letting him go. He told me I just didn't understand how this was the way, and the human race needs Scientology, and that with the power of his mind, he was able to light a match on fire just yesterday. Needless to say, everyone was happy to see him go. Hollywood can keep 'em they fit in well there.

LayinFrame
1/18/08 1:25:39AM
IMO Scientology is nothing but a Cult. theres a big diffrence between religions and cults. First of all hes trying to push "the way" whatever the fck that is, on everyone in america. If i ever see tom cruise on the street, bet your ass i will judo throw his crazy ass, and knock his teeth out, ill do the 90 days in jail, would be well worht it
Svartorm
1/18/08 1:42:27AM
I have a friend that lived in Clearwater, Florida, the home of Scientology, and some of the shit he's told me is ******* priceless. Just my three favorites:

1: If you stand outside their headquarters for more than a few minutes, a group of guys will come out and start telling you you're a piece of shit and that the only way you can possibly be a human being is to become a Scientologist. They apparently get crazy agressive to the point of almost shoving you into the building.

2: If you own a business in the area, and you're not part of the group, Scientologists will take things from you that are free, like business cards from your business, paper cups with ice in them from stores, etc, just because it costs you money. Its like some kind of nickle and dime warfare.

3. Most convenience stores have an L. Ron Hubbard section, just incase you don't have a copy of a book on hand and you really need one.

I just like the idea that Hubbard himself said it was for tax fraud purposes, but people still go with it.
LayinFrame
1/18/08 2:04:22AM
i heard on maxim radio this morning, they were talking about how L.RON had his sperm frozen before he died, and that they used it to impregnate kt holmes. that would seriously be wierd
Believe-in-judo81
1/18/08 5:53:29AM
That's why organized religion(especially the one or sects of ones that are creepy and cultish) are a bad idea all. No thanks, I have my own personal relationship with what I consider to be god, and that's enough for me. Dragging all the politics and B.S. into it just seems to go in bad directions all in all.
Rush
1/18/08 8:34:28AM

Posted by roadking95th

Just sounded like a man who was passionate about his "religion." No more goofy than some I've seen from Christians, Muslims, Jews, and Atheists.

Do I believe Scientologists views? No. But I don't like to criticize others personal beliefs unless they are attacking mine.

I think this goes a little beyond being passionate and goes into the realm of being a brainwashed zealot. That kind of religious behavior has always interested me though. I never could understand how people can get so brainwashed and into something, whether it is religion, a martial art, their job, whatever. Just to clarify things here, I didn't write those comments in italics. They are copied from the sites hosting the video.

I mean, I am a man of faith, but it's a private thing to me. I also don't claim to be unique or special regarding it. Some of the stuff Tom is saying is claiming just that. I don't get it (for any religion)

As for attacking personal beliefs, the thing that also interests me about Scientology is that the "attacks" about the belief system, in many cases are secondary to their behavior.

For example,

Scientology is really secretive and gets really defensive when a neutral third party (like a news agency) tries to find out more about the organization. Why do they act like that? I mean, it's not like the Vatican is trying to dig up dirt to discredit their religion. In fact, I don't think I have ever heard or read anything from the Vatican regarding Scientology.

I watched the BBC Documentary called Scientology and Me. It was very interesting. I tried to find the Scientology rebuttal (I think it was called the BBC and Me) to see the other side, but couldn't find it.

Another thing, almost exactly what Svar said, I find it amazing that this guy claimed that Scientology was made up to make money and people still buy into it.

Most if not all religions have some sort of blood on their hands and/or skeletons in their closet. It's interesting to learn about those
StevenSeagal
1/18/08 9:41:33AM
Is this the thread where me and Rush agree??? can it be?

Def is brainwashing.

But if u look a little further what major religion isnt? Im personally apathetic towards religion. Organized religion in all forms is pretty loopy when someone takes a step back and looks at it. Has Scientology caused a crusade? So though it is def odd no doubt about it, it hasnt been as dangerous as modern religion as of yet. Who knows, maybe we'll have a S'ology, Christian, Islam super brawl... Funny but scary at the same time.

Now if u excuse me, i have to go touture some native tribes to become folowers lol
HubCityPunisher99
1/18/08 3:17:32PM
Just For Fun: Which MMA Star Would Be The First To Go To The Dark Side: My #1
postman
1/18/08 5:52:50PM
They just had L. Rons greatgrandson on the Bubba the love sponge show and he debunked the whole "religion". What a great scam artest he must have been. How many cults out last there inventor? most die when the head dies.
Rush
1/18/08 8:24:39PM

Posted by HubCityPunisher99

Just For Fun: Which MMA Star Would Be The First To Go To The Dark Side: My #1

I don't know. Diego seems to be from a pretty Catholic family.

Personally if I were to pick a MMA fighter that would be a Scientologist it would be someone like Mac Danzig, Rich Franklin or Urijah Faber

Least likely would be Matt Hughes
ButterBalls
1/19/08 3:14:12PM
that is pretty jacked up
iwannabesedated
1/21/08 5:36:40PM
Tom please come out of the closet.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Red-Dragon
1/21/08 5:57:20PM
I feel much better now knowing that Tom is looking after me

He needs to realise that he is only a hero on the big screen.

Only the small minded insecure and needy are taken in by the Scientology brainwashing treatment.

LayinFrame
1/21/08 6:34:19PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Only the small minded insecure and needy are taken in by the Scientology brainwashing treatment.

hahahahh, what a wack job.
Kracker_Jap
1/21/08 8:47:55PM

Posted by LayinFrame

Posted by Red-Dragon

hahahahh, what a wack job.

Warning this but layinFrame what do you drive?
slamdunk
2/2/08 7:02:58PM
i rekon the end of the worlds gonna be caused by major religions fighting jst cos theres so many ppl that r so fanaticle (tom crusie) with many of them
Djbb
2/3/08 5:36:05PM
Its already been proven that there is a God, and Her name is Eris. Morons.
Pookie
2/3/08 5:50:57PM

Posted by Djbb

Its already been proven that there is a God, and Her name is Eris. Morons.

Why did you choose the greek goddess of strife out of all the dieties out there?