crossover commentators

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » crossover commentators
JunCTion
4/15/07 1:49:15AM
wouldnt it be neet to have a 3rd commentator (a current fighter) at ufc & pride events from the other organization that could do annalisis. a different champion at each event to critique (positve & negetive) the other orgs fights.
xthe_scottx
4/15/07 2:20:17AM
It would be good for the UFC vs PRIDE event each year. I'd like to see Bas, Rogan and Trigg comment together.
JunCTion
4/15/07 2:26:23AM
how about jay glazer, goldie & that screeching pride lady
xthe_scottx
4/15/07 2:43:37AM

Posted by JunCTion

how about jay glazer, goldie & that screeching pride lady

The dream team of annoying comments and sounds...
Svartorm
4/15/07 2:51:33AM
I'd be happy if Pride would get decent full-time commentators. I don't like Trigg or Glazer at all. Bodog has some awful commentators as well.
JBatch
4/15/07 3:09:30AM
I'd like Rogan, Bas and Quadros...If I could put together a fantasy team it would be Rampage, Bas and Couture.

Mastodon2
4/15/07 6:51:52AM
Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros are without a doubt the best MMA commentating team ever put together, but Bas and Damon Perry and Bas and Mauro Ranallo are close behind.

Mike Goldberg is awful, and Joe Rogan isnt fantastic either. Neither of them have the knowledge that Bas abd Quadros or Bas and Ranallo had, and neither of them are funny like the Bas all stars.

If I could pick a fantasy commentating team I'd have Bas Rutten, Stephen Quadros and Quiton "Rampage" Jackson, like they had for the odd fight at the earlier Pride events.
hathcock32
4/15/07 4:36:35PM
Trigg is a idiot. Hes horrible.
JunCTion
4/15/07 5:38:18PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'd be happy if Pride would get decent full-time commentators. I don't like Trigg or Glazer at all. Bodog has some awful commentators as well.

len wahats his name is the poker commentator. and hes done some small boxing matches
Northrend
4/15/07 7:20:41PM

Posted by hathcock32

Trigg is a idiot. Hes horrible.

You might not like him as a fighter but when he commentates he actually is very articulate and (for me) is fun to hear. I'd take Trigg over Goldy or Rogan anyday of the year.

That said best team ever would be

Bas Rutten "el guapo"
and
Stephen Quandros "the fight professor"
hippysmacker
4/15/07 7:41:22PM
Rogan, Bas, Quadros would be ideal to me. Randy is back fighting anyway, so adding Bas in his palce would be ideal. However now that Bas is the face of the IFL, I don't think it will ever happen.
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 8:05:26PM
Bas, Goldie, and Rogan.

I don't know why so many people think Rogan is terrible. Of course he says the most obvious things in the world, but hey, makes for a good drinking game!
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:19:37PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

It would be good for the UFC vs PRIDE event each year. I'd like to see Bas, Rogan and Trigg comment together.

agreed. Bas Rutten is my favorite out of all the commentators, he gives an extra lil flare to things without being obnoxious and annoying like Rogan is at times. I also love it when Couture commentates, he has excellent insight. and I think I'd rather have Eddie Bravo in there over Rogan
Mastodon2
4/16/07 3:36:18AM
If there is one thing that we can all agree on, it is that Mike Goldberg is the worst of the bunch, period.
Svartorm
4/16/07 4:04:29AM
I like Goldie. I used to think he was annoying, but then they had a few events around 45 or so where he wasn't there anymore and they had a parade of other guys to replace him, each worse than the last. There was one guy who didn't know any MMA terms other than "guard". Hes got his quirks, but overall he at least knows the history of the fighters, and basic concepts of MMA.

For the worst commentator crew ever, pop in UFC 1 and crank the volume.

Sumu and Judu!
JBatch
4/16/07 10:25:22AM

Posted by Svartorm

I like Goldie. I used to think he was annoying, but then they had a few events around 45 or so where he wasn't there anymore and they had a parade of other guys to replace him, each worse than the last. There was one guy who didn't know any MMA terms other than "guard". Hes got his quirks, but overall he at least knows the history of the fighters, and basic concepts of MMA.

For the worst commentator crew ever, pop in UFC 1 and crank the volume.

Sumu and Judu!

Well stated. Goldie while a complete suck up to any fighter that comentates with him and using the term "rocked" way too muchand sometimes appearing to not know what is happening is a grat commentator who tries his hardest and does have repore with the fighters. I give him a solid 7.5/10.