Crosby or Ovechkin

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Crosby or Ovechkin
POLL: 87 or 8
Sidney Crosby 58% (11)
Alexander Ovechkin 42% (8)
Taylor8766
6/28/08 11:41:26PM
The two best players in the NHL, and the future of the NHL, who do you think is the better player, and will do better throughtout their career.
Aaronno9
6/29/08 2:23:58AM
Sid the kid.
EON
6/29/08 2:43:28PM
ovechkin is better hands down, who else can win most valuable player to his team when they didnt even make it to the semi finals

he is overall a better hockey player and should definatly go to a better team, can you imagine if he played with the pens or wings
cmill21
6/29/08 5:05:10PM
I think Crosby give's you more. Ovechkin's good defensively to, but I think crosby gives you everything and more while ovechkin's team game could be improved.
DCRage
6/29/08 5:51:08PM
Alexander The Great of course, hence his nickname and he's already got the clothing line and all kinds of awards.

(Yes, that was a 110+% biased response coming from a Capitals fan who is very loyal to #8 and even understands and occasionally speaks "Ovechlish").
zephead
6/29/08 8:14:49PM
AO hands down. He doesn't have the Canadian Hockey world pushing his every move. The owner of his team isn't a Hall Of Fame hockey player and Canadian to boot. So he won't have the hockey media shoving shows down our throat. He won 4 awards this year, with a rookie center and a winger whose highest goal total was 25. AO scored the most goals ever by a leftwinger. That's ever and he's only 22.

He plays defense. He's out there on the ice with a minute to go and the Caps up by one. He is playing on the PK now. He had 212 hits this year. I never see Crosby on the PK. I never see Crosby on the ice with less then a minute and the Pens up by one. And as for hits, Crosby will never come any where near what AO does.

Pavel Daytsuk won the Selke award for best defensive forward in the game. AO will win that award way before Sid does. The two best players in the Stanley Cup this year were Daytsuk and Zetterberg. They can do it all. They can dominate a game and not score. How you ask? By winning faceoffs, (Sid is not good in the faceoff circle). playing great defense. killing penalties (Sid doesn't do that) and hitting. Daytsuk was a hitting machine in the Cup finals. Sid is a great offensive player and thats where it stops.

And yes, I'm a Caps season ticket holder but I'm also a hockey fan
DJDark41
6/29/08 11:52:54PM
zephead got it right, Sidney is great offensively, but thats it. Ovechkin is a much better goal scorer, and a phenominal passer on a team with not too many people to pass to, and plays good defense and is physical.
iwannabesedated
6/30/08 12:58:58PM
1A: Crosby
1B:Malkin

2..Ovechkin

Yeah sure Ovy likes to throw some hits...but ummm sometimes it doesnt go as planned...Malkin>Ovy

Either ways its still nice to see the nhl...having that Jordan Vs Bird type going with these guys and some others.

OH and thank you Tampa Bay..For giving Ryan Malone and contract that Pittsburgh wasnt stupid enough to pay..He's a very average player who only looked good the last 2 seasons when he played on a line with Crosby.Hes Been my least liked Penguin for several years.

zephead
6/30/08 3:08:01PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

2..Ovechkin

Yeah sure Ovy likes to throw some hits...but ummm sometimes it doesnt go as planned...Malkin>Ovy

Either ways its still nice to see the nhl...having that Jordan Vs Bird type going with these guys and some others.

OH and thank you Tampa Bay..For giving Ryan Malone and contract that Pittsburgh wasnt stupid enough to pay..He's a very average player who only looked good the last 2 seasons when he played on a line with Crosby.Hes Been my least liked Penguin for several years.

You are one funny dude. You have Malkin and Crosby in front of AO??????????
Everybody misses a hit. Hell, Mario tried to start a fight with Bobby Gould, who was 5'11" and weighed 195lbs to Mario's 6'4" and 230 lbs., and Bobby KO'ed Mario. So missing a hit means nothing. I'm trying to figure out how Crosby and Malkin are better then AO. What things do they do that make them better? They don't score more. They don' hit more, they don't play defense better. They don't kill penalties. They're average at best in faceoffs. If they're not scoring the do little for the Pens. With AO you have to watch for his scoring, physical play, defense. So what makes them better then AO other then they play for your team.

Here's the goal

A few highlights

Here's Sid doing what he does best
Taylor8766
6/30/08 4:58:13PM

Posted by EON

ovechkin is better hands down, who else can win most valuable player to his team when they didnt even make it to the semi finals

he is overall a better hockey player and should definatly go to a better team, can you imagine if he played with the pens or wings

ummmm, Sidney Crosby won MVP last year and his team didn't make it to the semi finals.
iwannabesedated
6/30/08 5:12:58PM

Posted by zephead

2..Ovechkin

Everybody misses a hit. Hell, Mario tried to start a fight with Bobby Gould, who was 5'11" and weighed 195lbs to Mario's 6'4" and 230 lbs., and Bobby KO'ed Mario. So missing a hit means nothing. I'm trying to figure out how Crosby and Malkin are better then AO. What things do they do that make them better? They don't score more. They don' hit more, they don't play defense better. They don't kill penalties. They're average at best in faceoffs. If they're not scoring the do little for the Pens. With AO you have to watch for his scoring, physical play, defense. So what makes them better then AO other then they play for your team.

Here's the goal

A few highlights

C'mon man...You know im a homer..That and i know im ready to get flamed by all the Pittsburgh and Crosby haters..

But in all seriousness...I put Crosby above Ovy maybe after next season Malkin will be above Ovy..You talk about 2 way play and PK....Crosby is well above average forechecking and backchecking....And why have your Number 1 GUY out their killing penalties when he shouldnt have to waste ice time on being down a player.Ovy is a better natural scorer than Crosby when it comes to finsihing..But overall seeing the ice and making plays Crosby i think is better.Sid is very average face-offs though...Staal is the PK Face off forward master.

Im waiting for Washington to try and land a big W or 2 to play with Ovy...Much like Im saying WTF??? now that Hossa and Malone are gone...July 1st will be interesting....Hossa said he would be willing to take less and play for a contender..well...he lied....ATleast Malkin isnt greedy yet
DJDark41
6/30/08 5:46:46PM
Ovechkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDYARsNlvfQ

Crosby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_il8eGE7WH8

zephead
6/30/08 6:05:19PM

Posted by zephead

2..Ovechkin

Here's the goal

A few highlights

C'mon man...You know im a homer..That and i know im ready to get flamed by all the Pittsburgh and Crosby haters..

But in all seriousness...I put Crosby above Ovy maybe after next season Malkin will be above Ovy..You talk about 2 way play and PK....Crosby is well above average forechecking and backchecking....And why have your Number 1 GUY out their killing penalties when he shouldnt have to waste ice time on being down a player.Ovy is a better natural scorer than Crosby when it comes to finsihing..But overall seeing the ice and making plays Crosby i think is better.Sid is very average face-offs though...Staal is the PK Face off forward master.

Im waiting for Washington to try and land a big W or 2 to play with Ovy...Much like Im saying WTF??? now that Hossa and Malone are gone...July 1st will be interesting....Hossa said he would be willing to take less and play for a contender..well...he lied....ATleast Malkin isnt greedy yet

As for the PKing. Why do you think Daytzuk and Zetterberg do it? With Daytzuk and Zetterberg being able to shutdown other teams scoring threats (Malkin and Crosby to name a few) they won the Cup. Look at the games great players, Modano, Forsberg, Sakic, Stevie Y, Fedorov, Messier, tell me what they have in common? They all have won the Cup. Vinny Lecavlier and Martin St. Louis in Tampa play the PK. Kovolchuk in Atlanta is starting to. The games greatest players did it except two, Gretzsky and Mario.

I'll say it again, Sid and Malkin a great offensive player, they're not great hockey players. Being a great hockey player is being a two-way player and that they're not.

What made Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time? All the scoring titles? Nope. Combine the scoring titles with his Defensive Player Of the Year award, most shots blocked in a career by a guard, second most steals in a career by a guard and 9 time NBA All Defensive Team. That's what made him the best ever at his sport.