CroCops retirement

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » CroCops retirement
Next Page »
MMA117
6/11/07 6:52:47PM
I for one am going to be very sad to see him go. I know that is parlimentary position is over soon and that he plans to rejoin the special police in one form or another, also his wife wants him to retire from pro fighting. I dont know how much of anything we hear about a fight is true but damn im gonna miss those leg kicks.

Hat off and drinks up to CROCOP
nubby
6/11/07 6:53:42PM
I won't miss him.
Mastodon2
6/11/07 6:56:19PM
You really should show a little more respect Nubby, the guy has been a figurehead of MMA for several years now, just think about how many fans got into MMA just by seeing a video of one of his performances getting passed around the internet, you are talking to one of those fans!
cmill21
6/11/07 7:11:19PM
Exactly why I started watching. All of my friends are now mma fans because of the aleksander emilianenko fight when i showed them that. I'll miss him and have to find a new favorite. At least he's not retireing to sit on his ass
xchickox
6/11/07 7:15:11PM
yeah its just stupid if your not gonna miss him, he's done so much for the sport, i remember i was first told he was coming to ufc i was so happy
nubby
6/11/07 7:34:47PM
I got into the UFC before pride was even started. Respect? I don't dispresct him, he just isn't one of my favorite fighters. To me he has no personality and I am definitely one of those fans that likes a charismatic fighter.
MMA117
6/11/07 8:13:27PM
he spends more time focusing on his art then marketing. All the charistma he has is left in bruise form on the right side of his opponents

Give me props for crocop
jocksmall
6/11/07 9:25:44PM
cro cop has been at the top for some time now he has fought the whos who in the heavy weight division and beat most. im hopeful he will fight again
johny_rotten
6/11/07 10:11:38PM

Posted by MMA117

I for one am going to be very sad to see him go. I know that is parlimentary position is over soon and that he plans to rejoin the special police in one form or another, also his wife wants him to retire from pro fighting. I dont know how much of anything we hear about a fight is true but damn im gonna miss those leg kicks.

Hat off and drinks up to CROCOP

Do you have an update from after his last interview when he said he would finish his UFC contract? Or are you just speculateing?
richieb19
6/11/07 10:20:53PM
Hes fighting Cheick Kongo at 75...
ButterBalls
6/11/07 11:45:13PM

Posted by Mastodon2

You really should show a little more respect Nubby, the guy has been a figurehead of MMA for several years now, just think about how many fans got into MMA just by seeing a video of one of his performances getting passed around the internet, you are talking to one of those fans!

I feel you man, I used to watch UFC wayyyyy back in the day when it first started, and then I stopped watching religiously for a while. Watching Crocop fights from K1 and Pride are what got me back into the game.
iwannabesedated
6/12/07 12:16:26AM

Posted by nubby

I got into the UFC before pride was even started. Respect? I don't dispresct him, he just isn't one of my favorite fighters. To me he has no personality and I am definitely one of those fans that likes a charismatic fighter.

Charimsa has nothing to do with skill and talent..or respect.who likes cocky arrogant douchebags anyways??..Im not a fan of Tito..but id still give the guy props just for getting in there and doing his thing...charisma is for WWE..so what if his persona seems boring..who wants to do interviews and be in the spotlight all the time.By him not being some guy whose all about charamisa..hes just a dude who wants to kick you in the head and go back to croatia do his wife make babies and be a normal person......but his charimsa speaks in the ring and octagon...when hes kickin fools in the head..at least he doesnt duck any fights.like Tito dodged chuck for years...waaah chucks my friend we cant fight waah..
Manfred
6/12/07 1:00:13AM
Anyone else notice he seems more boring since coming to the UFC. Or maybe it was just since Bas left PRIDE. Back in the day, he was stioc in interviews but you always find videos of him messing around backstage. Especially with Bas.

The Mauro prank comes to mind along with when he told Bas he liked his suit and than dead-panned, "My grandfather had one just like it"
nubby
6/12/07 1:21:23AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by nubby

Charimsa has nothing to do with skill and talent..or respect.who likes cocky arrogant douchebags anyways??..Im not a fan of Tito..but id still give the guy props just for getting in there and doing his thing...charisma is for WWE..so what if his persona seems boring..who wants to do interviews and be in the spotlight all the time.By him not being some guy whose all about charamisa..hes just a dude who wants to kick you in the head and go back to croatia do his wife make babies and be a normal person......but his charimsa speaks in the ring and octagon...when hes kickin fools in the head..at least he doesnt duck any fights.like Tito dodged chuck for years...waaah chucks my friend we cant fight waah..

Careful, don't fighter bash or you might get the ban stick.
GrandMaster313
6/12/07 1:40:25AM
i thought cro-cop is fighting PPV soon??

whats up with retirement?
cmill21
6/12/07 1:47:53AM
He has seemed alot more....depressed? since coming to the UFC. I remember all his joking around backstage, he's acctually a hilarious guy. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be in the UFC...might just be me, but he would always make little jokes when people would ask him questions now he's just like "yeah I will beat him". But oh well I just want him to fight well, finish out with 4 straight wins, and go back to what he loves.
Manfred
6/12/07 1:54:31AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

He said recently that he's retiring after this contract. (four more fights, I think)
johny_rotten
6/12/07 3:47:08AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by GrandMaster313

He said recently that he's retiring after this contract. (four more fights, I think)

We are saying good bye to guy that has 4 fights left? I am a fan of Mirko's, but this is way to premature. 4 fights could keep him in the UFC for 1 1/2 years. We don't know what will happen before then. If was getting all down because Cro has 4 fights, we should also say good bye to Randy. The loser of Chuck/Wand probably won't fight 4 more times. Hell Rich Franklin will most likely fight Anderson in his next 4 fights witch could cause a retirement for Rich. Tito only has one fight left with the UFC after Rashad, and is unsure of his future after that. Should we start summing up all these careers now?
Signal2112
6/12/07 6:18:29AM
I agree with the comments that Mirko is a really funny guy. His prank with Mauro was excellent, and he just comes across to me as a really nice, genuine guy. I'll be sad to see him leave the sport when the time comes, I'd seen a few guys slugging it out in UFC but I'd never seen a "superfighter" like him before. Man, when I saw those highlight reels of his wins in K-1 and Pride....
iwannabesedated
6/12/07 10:54:23AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by nubby

Speak for yourself..
nubby
6/12/07 11:03:08AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by nubby

Speak for yourself..

When was the last time I fighter bashed?
cowcatcher
6/12/07 11:04:59AM
i know his retirement is looming, but if he wins his next 4(which i would assume means he wins the HW title), i could see him sticking around to avenge a couple of losses, most notably, and anticipated, is the fedor rematch. the payday for both fighters would be too much for either to refuse IMO, and as a competitor i know that CC would like to show the world that he is the guy to beat fedor. whether it would work out that way remains to be seen though.
tomp6581
6/12/07 11:56:31AM

Posted by nubby

Click here to see that Mirko does have a personality...

Link

Mirko often joked around in pride.....he must just do it with people he is comfortable with....nothing wrong with that.

You also might want to look up some of his fights too.....you might start repecting him a little more.

nubby
6/12/07 12:14:01PM
I have seen many of his fights. I just don't like his personality or his fight style. You know guys, you can't force me to like him!
cowcatcher
6/12/07 1:56:45PM

Posted by nubby

I have seen many of his fights. I just don't like his personality or his fight style. You know guys, you can't force me to like him!

im not going to try to make you like him, but im surprised you dont like his fighting style, IMO he's as exciting to watch as anyone because he can end a fight at any time, and as far as strikers go i dont think many are as technically sound as he is. plus its always nice to hear a leg kick that sounds like a gunshot.
MMA117
6/12/07 1:58:50PM
We are saying good bye to guy that has 4 fights left? I am a fan of Mirko's, but this is way to premature. 4 fights could keep him in the UFC for 1 1/2 years. We don't know what will happen before then. If was getting all down because Cro has 4 fights, we should also say good bye to Randy. The loser of Chuck/Wand probably won't fight 4 more times. Hell Rich Franklin will most likely fight Anderson in his next 4 fights witch could cause a retirement for Rich. Tito only has one fight left with the UFC after Rashad, and is unsure of his future after that. Should we start summing up all these careers now?

This is a great point. Like i said who knows what will happen w/ these guys, most are very personal and all we can do is wait and see.

But crocop said he is considering retiring from pro fighting
Aether
6/12/07 2:00:34PM
hahaha that clip is hilarious.
Kastro
6/12/07 2:54:39PM
Mirko is and always will be one of the biggest figures in MMA, and not only in North America, but worldwide.

He is the reason I started becoming a big fan of MMA, I saw some of his fights on the computer then started downloading more, then I got involved in watching Pride FC and I just didnt stop watching MMA because it is so entertaining, especially with a guy like CroCop.

By the way Mirko has 4 fights left in the UFC and he is fighting Cheick Kongo at UFC 75 which should be a good one.
loller90278
6/12/07 4:15:20PM
bas interviews mirko

god i miss this mirko come back to me! come back to pride!

what hath thy ufc done to you
cmill21
6/12/07 7:57:53PM
Yes kongo can strike, but Mirko's on another planet then most fighters in mma when it comes to striking. and by "chiny" do you mean has a weak chin? The TWO times he's been KO'd in MMA the punch/kick that droped him would have drop 99.9% of fighters (not mark hunt for sure) and fedor fed him a # of good shots that he didn't get ko'd with. I think Mirko comes back like he did after the randleman fight, like people seem to think he's never been upset before and he can't bounce back from a devastating KO, the randleman KO was 10x more devastating then the gonzaga one was. Watch it and look at his face after and had he won that fight he would have been going up against fedor the man he wants to fight more then anyone. Mirko will be back in form trained up and ready for the cage, Mirko gets the beautiful KO in under 4 mins.
Pages: [1] 2