Is Crocop Going to Walk Through UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is Crocop Going to Walk Through UFC?
Next Page »
mkiv9secsupra
3/22/07 1:42:13AM
The majority of fans seem to believe CC is going to walk through all of the UFC HW's with relative ease. Does everyone here agree with this or who do you think stands the most chance of defeating him? I think Arlovski has a big chance of taking him out. I think he has heavier hands than CC but he hasnt responded well to big leg kicks. i think theres a slight advantage to CC but not a lot. Also i think sylvia would have a slight chance. i think he is a mediocre fighter but he still has heavy hands and incredible reach. or maybe even moson? it could be another CC/Minotauro... i know monson doesnt have the chin of nogueira but if he took him down he might still get an armbar on CC.

AA vs CC 45/55% chance
Sylvia vs CC 20/80% chance
monson vs CC 5/95% chance of winning
hippysmacker
3/22/07 1:51:40AM
Monson is no longer in the UFC. Randy, AA, Werdum , and Sylvia could all beat him on any given day. However, I think Cro-cop is a strong favorite aginst all of them. AA is the only heavy that I think has faster hands, so I really want to see that fight.
loller90278
3/22/07 2:18:17AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Monson is no longer in the UFC. Randy, AA, Werdum , and Sylvia could all beat him on any given day. However, I think Cro-cop is a strong favorite aginst all of them. AA is the only heavy that I think has faster hands, so I really want to see that fight.

i disagree. the person with the biggest chance is couture IMO. AA has too weak of a chin and seems unmotivated, werdum needs to improve his striking, and cc knows his moves since he trained with him, and sylvia doesnt have the skill.
poll77
3/22/07 3:02:10AM
aa/cc more like 25/75
hippysmacker
3/22/07 4:07:10AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hippysmacker

i disagree. the person with the biggest chance is couture IMO. AA has too weak of a chin and seems unmotivated, werdum needs to improve his striking, and cc knows his moves since he trained with him, and sylvia doesnt have the skill.

While i would love Randy to beat him, I don't hink he has the best chance of any of those I listed. I didn't say AA had the best chance either. I said he has faster hands and I would like to see that fight. I actually think Werdum has the best chance by virtue of training with him for a couple years. Know your enemy is the first rule of war, as Sung Tzu would say
Trapt1nw0nder
3/22/07 4:27:18AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

The majority of fans seem to believe CC is going to walk through all of the UFC HW's with relative ease. Does everyone here agree with this or who do you think stands the most chance of defeating him? I think Arlovski has a big chance of taking him out. I think he has heavier hands than CC but he hasnt responded well to big leg kicks. i think theres a slight advantage to CC but not a lot. Also i think sylvia would have a slight chance. i think he is a mediocre fighter but he still has heavy hands and incredible reach. or maybe even moson? it could be another CC/Minotauro... i know monson doesnt have the chin of nogueira but if he took him down he might still get an armbar on CC.

AA vs CC 45/55% chance
Sylvia vs CC 20/80% chance
monson vs CC 5/95% chance of winning

i agree with that

couldnt of said it any better
Svartorm
3/22/07 5:06:05AM
I think 5% for Monson is about 4% too kind. If Big Tim was hitting him at will, what would someone like CC do to his noggin? We'll see where he stands when he fights Fujita and then I'll decide if I'm being too critical of him.

As of right now, I think AA has the best chance against CC, followed by Randy, followed by Big Tim, followed by Herring (provided he comes back at 100%), followed by the rest of the HW peanut gallery.
Mr_Evans
3/22/07 5:32:48AM
Remember... Styles Make Fights.

vs. Andrei Arlovski
It is my belief that Andrei would not have enough sense to do anything other than want to stand with CroCop. With that said, CroCop is an intuitive counter-puncher with a devastating arsenal of striking methods. With CroCop's recent run through the OWGP, he is even now more dangerous before because of the mental edge. Lets remove the notion of the "he has a puncher's chance" arguement for Andrei. Andrei and CroCop are both physically gifted, but in the realm of striking, CroCop wins hands down. Andrei's style suits CroCop perfectly making it a kickboxing match and sorry to say folks but Andrei is no Ernesto Hoost.

vs. Tim Sylvia
Remember, styles make fights, right? So we wouldnt expect CroCop to put on a wonderful display of bob-and-weave, shoot-and-punch tactics like Randy Couture. On the flipside, we also wont expect Tim or even CroCop to shoot in for a single or double-leg. Once more, as with the Andrei scenario, we have another kickboxing match. Unlike the Andrei scenario, Tim is gifted with a superior reach, superior height and weight advnatge. But once more on the flipside, he is decidedly slower in the execution of his strikes. Couple that with the fact his height works against him in giving CroCop more room for error in kicking at his legs, and we will eventually see the proverbial redwood known as Tim Sylvia, go timber.

vs. Jeff Monson
I actually see Jeff doing quite well in this scenario. Lets assume for a moment that Jeff did get CroCop down. With Monson's massive size and the cage, he could possibly pull an upset getting top control, though doing little with it, via decision... in a 3 round war. If it were championship rounds, the fatigued Monson would eventually succumb to the deadly strikes of CroCop. As for the CC-Nog comparison, Jeff Monson hardly submits people, he's a freestyle wrestler through and through and will win via points if at all. CroCop has a ridiculous guard as we saw in his match with Fedor. Only way monson wins is by points (top control, takedowns...).

With all that said, 2 of the 3 aforementioned are highly regarded fighters and CroCop wont be running through anybody. These match-ups will be excellent to see any way you slice it.
Manfred
3/22/07 6:10:48AM
Walk through... No
Dominate..Yes

Working with Werdum has improved his ground game a lot. I think he'll hold the UFC belt longer than Hughes. (Unless Fedor comes over)
skiba97
3/22/07 8:09:16AM
I think he'l make it to the belt, but i cant see him holding it for much longer that 3 fights. All of the heavies in this thread could beat him and it wouldnt, imo be as big an upset as randy beating tim. Im not putting him down in any way, and i do think hes the best hw in the ufc, just not by the margin that liddell is in the lhw division, or hughes was in the ww division before st peirre came along.
madmarck
3/22/07 8:38:50AM

AA vs CC 45/55% chance

Im a huge AA fan, but thats not right

CC 75/ AA 25
CC60/ Randy 40
CC 60/ Werdum 40
CC80 / Sylvia 20
CC 70/ Gonzaga 30
Fumar-Fortiuse
3/22/07 10:31:12AM
I would agree that Cro Cop has the better chance to beat most of the heavyweights in the UFC right now, but think about how great it would be if Randy Couture beat him. The Natural is my all time favorite fighter and he has won more championships in the UFC then any other fighter in the history of the UFC. I would love to see Couture surprise us all again and take out the worlds number 2 heavyweight. I think that would shut some people up but like I said Cro Cop has the better chance of winning but that didn't stop Randy in his last fight when most thought he couldn't beat the worst heavyweight champion Tim " I love to win on the score cards" Sylvia.
mmadb
3/22/07 11:09:30AM
Pretty much.
randyleprechaun
3/22/07 11:21:00AM
Randy has the best chance of winning. He always does his homework coming into a fight and will most likely circle away from Cro-Cops left roundhouse kick and close the distance using his improved boxing skills, and then go for the takedown using the cage.

Arlovskis chin is suspect but he has a punchers chance. Unfortunatly i cant see him taking Cro-Cops leg kicks for long!

Slyvia has a long reach but will be too slow for Cro Cop. He will be chopped down like a tree!

Werdum like Randy has a great chance! Hes trained with Cro-Cop and will go in their knowing his weaknesses. He will try to use that to get the fight to the ground and finish him by submission!
johny_rotten
3/22/07 11:49:46AM
Randy has the best style on paper of any Hw in the UFC to battle Cro Cop. His main problem is he would be hard pressed to stop Cro; thus, giveing Mirko way to many chances at kicking his head off. I would give Randy the best chance of anyone currently in the UFC of defeating the fearerd striker, but at best that chance would 30/70.

I will probably get slack for this, but after Randy the only 2 guys I see haveing more than a punchers chance are two bottom tier UFC HWs. Cheick Kongo and Athony Hardonk are both highly tuned kicked boxers. They both have technical, and powerfull striking. Cro Cop is much like chuck. He is at a disadvantage if it hits the ground. but there is little fear that the fight will hit the ground making a better striker being the worst match up for him. I would give Kongo and Hardonk about 15/85 chance of out striking Mirko.

Out side of that the only chance Mirko has of being defeated is a lucky punch or Fedro/Nog comming to the UFC.
loller90278
3/22/07 2:27:58PM

Posted by madmarck

AA vs CC 45/55% chance

Im a huge AA fan, but thats not right

CC 75/ AA 25
CC60/ Randy 40
CC 60/ Werdum 40
CC80 / Sylvia 20
CC 70/ Gonzaga 30

i half heartidly agree with you, but saying gonzaga has a better chance than arlovski is absurd.

heres mine:

CC --- AA = 75 / 25
CC -- Tim = 85 / 15
CC -- Randy = 60 / 40
CC -- Werdum = 60/ 40
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/22/07 2:40:16PM
you can never count out the Natural. I see Randy by LHK WAR RANDY!!
brodieros
3/23/07 1:33:12AM
Randy will beat him. Chuck could if UFC would let them fight...
ac_gi
3/23/07 1:49:56AM

Posted by brodieros

Randy will beat him. Chuck could if UFC would let them fight...

I think Chuck has as good a shot as anybody because of his laser accurate punching ability.

Wrestling negates a lot of sytles, so Randy would have a chance but CC would win most of the time.
hathcock32
3/23/07 3:54:55PM
I see Arlovski acually taking Cro Cop similiar to the way he beat sylvia the first time. I think he will drop him with a right. Go the ground and submit him. Randy can also earn a victory ...probably a decision i dont see him stopping Mirko. Unless he could get north/south position the way he did on von arsdale. Tim Sylvia vs Cro Cop is a fight i really want to see. I know how bad Tim has been lately. But he has a good chin, and hes huge, i also can see him beating Cro cop.
OchoCinco
3/23/07 5:16:05PM
How about CroCop actually holding a belt before giving him the title of greatest ever. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Couture the champ. CroCop needs to beat Couture not vice versa. I'll take Couture by GnP!!!
Fumar-Fortiuse
3/23/07 5:42:41PM
Yeah if they do fight Cro Cop does need to beat Couture. But Couture is not Tim Sylvia, he will fight, instead of trying to win on the score cards. Come on he's The Natural.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/23/07 6:19:25PM
C'mon we all know Cro Cop is going to walk through the UFC only person who i think has a chance is Werdum.
hathcock32
3/23/07 11:11:47PM
You obviously favor PRide to the UFC.
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 9:41:26AM
i think the cage will give cro cop problems agaisnt wrestlers, he will be a champ but i think he will be challenged more than people think
Rush
3/24/07 11:09:44AM

Posted by Manfred

Walk through... No
Dominate..Yes

Working with Werdum has improved his ground game a lot. I think he'll hold the UFC belt longer than Hughes. (Unless Fedor comes over)

I think this best describes my opinion. I haven't seen a lot of talent in the UFCs heavyweight division. Too many fighters with size, but little skill and little endurance.

Cro Cop will take the belt from Randy (don't get me wrong, I like Randy) and I see him defending it many times (unless Prides heavies come over)
BloodandTears
3/24/07 12:00:04PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

C'mon we all know Cro Cop is going to walk through the UFC only person who i think has a chance is Werdum.

Man there is like 20 posts I want to reply to, but axe murderer imo is the only one that is making any sense to me. HUGE underestimation to Mirko from most in this forum. Means one thing for me, I'm gonna rake in the $$$ when this Randy/ Mirko thing happens. I dont see anyone in UFC being a threat to CC!! The only guy I want to see CC fight is Fedor...
BloodandTears
3/24/07 12:07:03PM

Posted by ryderstrong69

i think the cage will give cro cop problems agaisnt wrestlers, he will be a champ but i think he will be challenged more than people think

Sure he's gonna be challenged, he has been his whole life. He is a pioneer in his sprawling technique and the cage is larger than the ring, I see the octagon being an advantage.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/24/07 3:30:34PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by ryderstrong69

Sure he's gonna be challenged, he has been his whole life. He is a pioneer in his sprawling technique and the cage is larger than the ring, I see the octagon being an advantage.

They pay CC the big $$ for a reason. Because hes a bankable star. I dont think anyone in th UFC HW division will be able to stop CC. I REALLY hope Randy can, because its Randy and we love him like we love puppies
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 4:09:53PM
i think AA big tim and Randy all have a fair chance against him, cro cop is one of my favorites and he should definatly be on everyones top 3 heavyweight list, but i think people forget that he can be beaten. im not saying AA tim or randy would win but i think that if they brought thier A game that they have the skills and tools to beat him, AA and Tim both have the KO power to do it and i think Randys dirty boxing and wrestling skills could earn him a decision if he can avoid getting ko'd
Pages: [1] 2