CroCop...(spoiler)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » CroCop...(spoiler)
« Previous Page
loller90278
9/9/07 1:03:54PM
sorry cmill and warglory and others, i too am a CC fan (...was) but its over for him. fin, finito, finished. he looked confident as heck walking in and he trained "harder than he ever has" and he got beat down thats arguably not even top 20
cmill21
9/9/07 1:21:22PM

Posted by loller90278

sorry cmill and warglory and others, i too am a CC fan (...was) but its over for him. fin, finito, finished. he looked confident as heck walking in and he trained "harder than he ever has" and he got beat down thats arguably not even top 20

I still love the man, but he has no fire. From what I'm hearing he broke a rib in round one. I am really pissed off at big john for all the ball shots, a point should have been taken. Everyone who thinks he's overrated, and never had it should be shot off the world in a tiny space ship. He's just got to many other things in his life, wife and kid, Croatian senator, going back to ATJ Luko, played pro soccer, and was a dominant pro fighter in Pride and K-1, he's baisically lived a dream life, now he's realizing that theres no need to keep fighting and it will effect his life in the future(as he's stated in interviews).
sakurabaforever
9/9/07 2:06:38PM
Firstly, to the uneducated fight fan who says CC is only 32. CC is way older then Couture in "ring age". Any fighter will tell you, you only have a certain number of fights in you, doesn't matter when you fight them. CC has fought more often then anyone (against top competition). Both in K1 and Pride. You can't fight that many wars and still be the same fresh fighter at the top of your game. Look at Ali, Tyson, etc. They were the best, but they are not any less because of the losses in the twilight of their career.

That being said, why would it be laughable to see CC against Fedor. CC put a beating on Fedor that he had never had before (watch the fight, Fedor's face is a bloody mess). CC had barely a scratch on him. Sure Fedor controlled the fight, but he didn't "beat" CC. I still pick CC in a rematch for one reason, which EVERYONE is missing here. Motivation. Have any of you lost to a way inferior opponent in a sport or game? Of course, because you don't do your best. CC has fought the best of the best his entire life. GG and Kongo are not even close. Put him in with Big Nog or Fedor again and you will see a warrior that comes to fight and will win.

I'm not moving CC down in my rankings. He still has the skill to be #1. Whether he realizes it or not...we have yet to see. Too bad Fedor hasn't announced he signed, I think that might spark CC up and we may see the old Mirko again, going on one final killing spree, going out the way he should!
nubby
9/9/07 3:13:24PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

I still love the man, but he has no fire. From what I'm hearing he broke a rib in round one. I am really pissed off at big john for all the ball shots, a point should have been taken. Everyone who thinks he's overrated, and never had it should be shot off the world in a tiny space ship. He's just got to many other things in his life, wife and kid, Croatian senator, going back to ATJ Luko, played pro soccer, and was a dominant pro fighter in Pride and K-1, he's baisically lived a dream life, now he's realizing that theres no need to keep fighting and it will effect his life in the future(as he's stated in interviews).

I don't thinka point should have been taken. From what I saw it was 2 ball shots and GSP did the same thing to Matt Hughes. Plus it's not entirely Kongo's fault for hitting him in the balls, CC was standing with his legs together and any knee to the leg was going to slid up into his groin area. Had he trully been nailed that hard in the groin he would have taken a lot longer than 20 seconds to recompose himself.
jeremygreen
9/27/07 11:00:08AM
I think Crocop career is done
Pages: 1 [2]