If CroCop kos Roy Nelson.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If CroCop kos Roy Nelson.....
casketcoin
10/22/11 7:37:18PM
If CroCop kos Roy Nelson with a head kick would it be more surprising than Gonzagas head kick ko over Mirko?
UFC_Fanatic
10/22/11 7:49:26PM

Posted by casketcoin

If CroCop kos Roy Nelson with a head kick would it be more surprising than Gonzagas head kick ko over Mirko?

I think it would be surprising given his recent downward trend, but I don't think it would be more surprising given his incredible K-1 level striking pedigree, I mean head kicks are things that we expect out of him. I can say one thing is for sure, if Cro Cop does unleash the LHK o' doom all over Nelson's face, then in his post fight interview announces he will be riding off into the sunset and retire from the sport on a high note, I may be wiping a tear from my eye and applauding one last throw back to vintage Pride era Cro Cop.
grappler0000
10/22/11 8:01:50PM
No
prophecy033
10/22/11 8:18:24PM
I don't think so. The kick Gonzaga nailed Cro-Cop with was so surprising that it rocked the mma world and had people talking about it years later. Another Cro-Cop head kick ko would be great but it wouldn't have as long of an effect as Gonzaga's.
shaneTpain
10/22/11 8:21:30PM

I can say one thing is for sure, if Cro Cop does unleash the LHK o' doom all over Nelson's face, then in his post fight interview announces he will be riding off into the sunset and retire from the sport on a high note, I may be wiping a tear from my eye and applauding one last throw back to vintage Pride era Cro Cop.

AGREED! I would love to see ol'CC end on a high note! BUT.. I admit I have Big Country picked to end it in the first
Budgellism
10/22/11 8:24:19PM
Nope, not even close. Gonzaga KOing Cro Cop with a head kick is still the craziest thing that's happened in mma and it will continue to be that way for a while.

I will be very surprised if Cro Cop knocks Nelson out though.
hashyandy4
10/22/11 8:36:57PM

Posted by Budgellism

Nope, not even close. Gonzaga KOing Cro Cop with a head kick is still the craziest thing that's happened in mma and it will continue to be that way for a while.

I will be very surprised if Cro Cop knocks Nelson out though.

This
kopower
10/22/11 8:37:12PM
If Cro Cop ko's with Nelson with a head kick I will shit my pants. I'll post photos for verification for those who want to see.
prophecy033
10/22/11 9:06:01PM

Posted by kopower

If Cro Cop ko's with Nelson with a head kick I will shit my pants. I'll post photos for verification for those who want to see.

count me out of that one
Budgellism
10/22/11 9:08:39PM

Posted by kopower

Alright, I'll be waiting for a PM
sbulldavid
10/23/11 1:03:56AM
Going off of their career stats it's more likely that Cro Cop gets knocked out by a high kick than Nelson, how's that for MMAth.
Budgellism
10/23/11 1:22:26AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Going off of their career stats it's more likely that Cro Cop gets knocked out by a high kick than Nelson, how's that for MMAth.

Now this would surpass Gonzaga's kick.
Pookie
10/23/11 6:07:58AM
Nope. Nelson is a big slow target. Cro-cop can absolutely Barnett him.
BelXavier420
10/23/11 10:12:54AM
With Nelson's new barrier o beard I don't see CroCop doing any real damage with high kicks. However if he did manage to pull off a head kick KO he could retire with even more respect, Nelson has a iron chin.
sbulldavid
10/23/11 5:47:34PM
I don't think Cro Cop retires after this fight and I'm picking him to win this fight because he matches up quite well with Nelson and Nelson really only has his overhand to win it.
postman
10/23/11 7:36:13PM
I'm suprised this thread recived this much feed back hell no is the answer.
kingsmasher
10/24/11 1:14:15PM
Big Country...1st round sub....