The CroCop Vs. The Iceman

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The CroCop Vs. The Iceman
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 5:09:39PM
sure its ran through peoples minds....but have you actually thought about how this fight would be? it would probably be the best fight in mma to this date. but it would have to at least go 10 minutes before a KO, preferably a 25 min decision war. they both had amazing fights with Wanderlei. sure crocop finished him but still both were top fights...

Factors-
Chucks Wrestling: you know good and well he would utilize it with Mirko, taking him down when ever the striking got rough or to kill a few seconds.
Mirko's kicks- Kieth showed how effective kicks were to beat chuck, and Mirkos are probably much heavier...
cage or ring- obviously chuck would prefer the cage and Mirko a ring. maybe a short square t cage would work....lol

And Chuck is at his best when he is backing up and Mirko is at his best when moving forward

i see crocop winning every second of the stand-up unless chuck is very aggressive like Fedor was, but Liddell will take that fight down and would be able to get good positions on Mirko....

standing= CroCop KO in 12-13 mins
Ground= Liddell drags out decision
juanez13
7/3/08 5:27:01PM
if it was in Mirko Prime (or even now, Mirko just has to train very hard) this fight wouldnt last more than 3 Mins, Chuck keeps his hands very low, and he doesnt Check leg kicks...those two factors decide the fight itself, Chuck throws hooks 99% of the time (with the odd straight punch here and there) and Mirko throws straight punches 95% of the time (5% being uppercuts), which gives a big advantage to Mirko, and Mirko is much quicker, which he would use to throw 1&2 combos and get out before chuck can counter, and throw Leg kicks every time is in the outside, which would set up his left high kick.... and about Chuck taking Mirko down, he wouldnt be able to, Chuck has a good TK defence, but his shots are bad (ala the Wanderlei fight) so he'd shoot in and Mirko wouldnt even be there by the time he got there, if Mirko can keep a wrestler like coleman from taking him down, Chuck wont get it in a million years.

so how would the fight go?? Fight starts, Both fighters circle, Mirko throws a right leg kick, circling, Chuck throws and hook but mirko has none of it and circles away, Mirko fires with a straight left that stuns chuck for a second, more leg kicks from Mirko and some a few body kicks, discoloration already showing in chucks leg and mid section, chuck again tries to throw a combo but Mirko has none of it and backs away, and throws a right jab followed by a straight left, Chuck backs away, Mirko throws another punishing body kick, both fighters circle, and Mirko throws a left high kick that lands flush!!!!!!!!! ANDDD ITTTSSS ALL OVER!!! (goldie) WOW! what a dominating performance put on by Mirko (Joe Rogan)..that is one scary dude! (Rogan)
postman
7/3/08 5:28:58PM
Chuck isn't taking any fight to the ground for very long. Im not so sure with Mirkos Takedown defense it would go to the ground at all. Mirko would abuse Chucks legs then probley catch him with a head kick.
tuvok500
7/3/08 5:29:08PM
Liddell by murder easily !!

joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 5:37:03PM
idk what you guys mean by Liddell wont be able to take him down. but im pretty sure kongo and Gonzaga got him down and neither are wrestlers...sure he has decent TD defense but he would be caught off guard like Wand. just my opinion !
NatedawgThaM
7/3/08 6:26:55PM

Posted by juanez13

if it was in Mirko Prime (or even now, Mirko just has to train very hard) this fight wouldnt last more than 3 Mins, Chuck keeps his hands very low, and he doesnt Check leg kicks...those two factors decide the fight itself, Chuck throws hooks 99% of the time (with the odd straight punch here and there) and Mirko throws straight punches 95% of the time (5% being uppercuts), which gives a big advantage to Mirko, and Mirko is much quicker, which he would use to throw 1&2 combos and get out before chuck can counter, and throw Leg kicks every time is in the outside, which would set up his left high kick.... and about Chuck taking Mirko down, he wouldnt be able to, Chuck has a good TK defence, but his shots are bad (ala the Wanderlei fight) so he'd shoot in and Mirko wouldnt even be there by the time he got there, if Mirko can keep a wrestler like coleman from taking him down, Chuck wont get it in a million years.

so how would the fight go?? Fight starts, Both fighters circle, Mirko throws a right leg kick, circling, Chuck throws and hook but mirko has none of it and circles away, Mirko fires with a straight left that stuns chuck for a second, more leg kicks from Mirko and some a few body kicks, discoloration already showing in chucks leg and mid section, chuck again tries to throw a combo but Mirko has none of it and backs away, and throws a right jab followed by a straight left, Chuck backs away, Mirko throws another punishing body kick, both fighters circle, and Mirko throws a left high kick that lands flush!!!!!!!!! ANDDD ITTTSSS ALL OVER!!! (goldie) WOW! what a dominating performance put on by Mirko (Joe Rogan)..that is one scary dude! (Rogan)

Very nice breakdown!

1st Round I just think Mirko will cripple him since Liddell refused to block Jardine and Jeremy Horns kicks. Then if Chuck can(keyword: CAN since he has good heart but if he can physically) walk out for the 2nd then it's over in the 2nd after a huge head kick!
cmill21
7/3/08 6:29:22PM
Bad match up for Chuck. Bigger, much better striker with heavier hands and the heaviest legs. Cro Cop would break Chucks leg IMHO.
EON
7/3/08 6:41:58PM

Posted by postman

Chuck isn't taking any fight to the ground for very long. Im not so sure with Mirkos Takedown defense it would go to the ground at all. Mirko would abuse Chucks legs then probley catch him with a head kick.

wolfman
7/3/08 6:48:11PM
I like both fighters, but CC by LHK KO.
JimiMak
7/3/08 7:26:34PM
CC. Easy.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/3/08 7:30:26PM
The Crocop
Jason-plata
7/3/08 7:35:01PM
I want to see CC kick the crap out of Chuck...
mrsmiley
7/3/08 8:20:40PM
I say CC deystroys Chuck just like he did Wanderlei in their rematch.I think Chuck is a great striker,but I don't think he's a K-1 level striker.He's got an unorthodox style,and has power,but I see a fight with CC ending in the first,much like it did when he fought Jackson.

CC by total domination.
warglory
7/3/08 9:21:47PM
This is seriously a match made in heaven for CroCop. A counter striker who is only concerned with landing that huge punch? Liddell was born to get decapitated by Mirko. See CroCop's match against Igor (who was a much better striker than Chuck imo) for a visualization.
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 11:54:27PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

The Crocop

I said "the crocop" to make it sound more like a fight from a movie or a comic, i don't think he walks around getting called "the crocop". haha J/K
Gipper
7/4/08 11:23:52AM

Posted by tuvok500

Liddell by murder easily !!

wow!!! easily???

this would be an unbelievable fight. i'd have to go with crocop....he's far from done.
mrsmiley
7/4/08 2:07:36PM

Posted by warglory

This is seriously a match made in heaven for CroCop. A counter striker who is only concerned with landing that huge punch? Liddell was born to get decapitated by Mirko. See CroCop's match against Igor (who was a much better striker than Chuck imo) for a visualization.

Exactly.
zephead
7/4/08 2:26:28PM
Cro Cop would destroy Chuck. Chuck is my favorite but Cro Cop's style is tailored made to beat someone like Chuck. Cro Cop is technical, will not just wade in and doesn't need to wade in because Mirko is not trying for the takedown.

Chuck would need to keep moving to his left. Chuck would need to block the leg kicks that will be coming and Jardine destroyed Chucks legs with kicks. Not a good matchup for Chuck. Chuck isn't the most technical striker out there but to say Igor is a much better striker, I can't go with tha. Igor and Chuck or the same. Neither one is technical, they both go for the big KO and are very sloppy at times.
Mastodon2
7/5/08 11:34:39AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Mirko's kicks- Kieth showed how effective kicks were to beat chuck, and Mirkos are probably much heavier...

Understatement of the year!

Chuck's only hope for winning this would be running the clock like he did against Wanderlei, and taking Cro Cop down when the striking got rough and holding him on the ground to let time pass. That said, we've seen bigger, stronger wrestlers like Coleman and Waterman fail in the past, so maybes Chuck wouldn't be able to close the distance to get the takedown. Mirko would murder him in the stand up. He need to train hard to get back to his old killer style, but even on an off day, Mirko has more than enough accuracy, speed and power to take Chuck out, without even engaging the LHK. Chuck is best walking backwards, and Mirko is best coming forward, but Mirko isn't stupid, he isn't going to rush in waving sloppy hooks around and get caught like all those grapplers did.
Jackelope
7/5/08 12:17:25PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Understatement of the year!

Chuck's only hope for winning this would be running the clock like he did against Wanderlei, and taking Cro Cop down when the striking got rough and holding him on the ground to let time pass. That said, we've seen bigger, stronger wrestlers like Coleman and Waterman fail in the past, so maybes Chuck wouldn't be able to close the distance to get the takedown. Mirko would murder him in the stand up. He need to train hard to get back to his old killer style, but even on an off day, Mirko has more than enough accuracy, speed and power to take Chuck out, without even engaging the LHK. Chuck is best walking backwards, and Mirko is best coming forward, but Mirko isn't stupid, he isn't going to rush in waving sloppy hooks around and get caught like all those grapplers did.

I agree with everything, but I'm a little confused as to why everyone thinks Mirko is at his best coming forward. I think he throws his best combinations off the slip and in counter mode. Granted he's got some vicious KO's on the advance (Aleksander E. comes to mind) and I'm not saying he isn't any good on the advance, but I think he is deadly on the counter. Bob Sapp, Wandy, Fedor fights for example
cmill21
7/5/08 12:22:53PM
I think I have your answer Jack, people think that because if he gets you to start backing up your pretty much a dead man since he has all the time in the world to wait for you to make that one tiny mistake he needs to land something that puts you to sleep. I agree thought I think he's at his best when he's 100% focused on winning, fighting someone who means something to him(wand, barny, fedor) and when his opponent come foreward and he can slip and counter.
Mastodon2
7/5/08 12:28:59PM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree with everything, but I'm a little confused as to why everyone thinks Mirko is at his best coming forward. I think he throws his best combinations off the slip and in counter mode. Granted he's got some vicious KO's on the advance (Aleksander E. comes to mind) and I'm not saying he isn't any good on the advance, but I think he is deadly on the counter. Bob Sapp, Wandy, Fedor fights for example

When I think of Mirko coming forward, it's the way he lands a good shot and then closes in and pushes back, like he did against Coleman and Dos Carras Jr, hits them with a good one then pushes in with more shots, he had Carras right in the corner before he nearly took his head off with that kick, perfect maneuvering.
Aaronno9
7/5/08 12:36:32PM
Id pick Mirko, most likely by second round tko. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if chuck knocked him out in a similar fashion to randleman though. Cro cop is one of the worst match ups i can think of for chuck.
Jackelope
7/5/08 1:06:29PM

Posted by cmill21

I think I have your answer Jack, people think that because if he gets you to start backing up your pretty much a dead man since he has all the time in the world to wait for you to make that one tiny mistake he needs to land something that puts you to sleep. I agree thought I think he's at his best when he's 100% focused on winning, fighting someone who means something to him(wand, barny, fedor) and when his opponent come foreward and he can slip and counter.

Posted by Mastodon2

When I think of Mirko coming forward, it's the way he lands a good shot and then closes in and pushes back, like he did against Coleman and Dos Carras Jr, hits them with a good one then pushes in with more shots, he had Carras right in the corner before he nearly took his head off with that kick, perfect maneuvering.

I see what you guys mean from this perspective. Once Mirko's opponents start backing up it does seem like it's only a matter of time before the LHK comes to put them to sleep. I guess I just usually focus more on what happens before the backing up. Which to me is most impressive.

The angles he cuts away from attacks to set up the counter-attack always mesmerize me. His footwork looks like sloppy scrambling a lot, but it's really a calculated and lightning fast retreat.

When I think of guys who's offense mesmerizes me like this it's dudes like JLB and Manhoef.
Mastodon2
7/5/08 2:11:47PM

Posted by Jackelope

When I think of guys who's offense mesmerizes me like this it's dudes like JLB and Manhoef.

I don't think anyone would argue that aside from Aerts JLB has the best offence going. Probably even better than Aerts, who has a more paced, tactical style, while still being an incredibly powerful striker.
keith-hackney1
7/5/08 2:33:18PM
this fight would go down like motor city madness ufc 9 dan severn vs ken shamrock 2. Both these guys would wait and wait and wait for the other to make a mistake, then the last round would be a poor grappling match edging chuck to a decision win ...
tdietel01
7/5/08 3:57:42PM
someone already mentioned this...... chuck keeps his hands way too low. i was bitching at him in the first 10 seconds of the rampage fight. if he did this against cro cop it would be an embarasing night for him!! CC all the way!!
ICSlegend
7/6/08 4:25:46PM
If Dana wants Chuck to retire and Chuck refuses, then he could just sign this fight. CC would retire Chuck.

Chuck is way out of CC's league.

The Igor comparison is spot on. Igor was much deadlier than Chuck. Faster, heavier hands. The guy was one of the most feared strikers on the planet. CC destroyed him inside of 2 minutes.