crocop v arloski?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » crocop v arloski?
eiredave
2/7/07 6:55:12AM
do ye think ufc will let this happen arloski is the heavy weight poster boy its a fight id love to see an ideal card for me would be
ortiz v griffin 2
liddel v rampge
crocop v arloski
but think it could mess up ufc big time
nate22
2/7/07 7:43:26AM
They might do a few fights down the line whenever they felt the value of that as a main event would be most beneficial to the company basically.
hippysmacker
2/7/07 10:05:28AM
I think they are hoping for this fight if Cro-cop gets by Sylvia. 2 fastest heavyweights IMO. Would be sweet, Arlovski would be smart to try and go for the takedown and pin him against the cage . Standing with him would be way to dangerous. Still, while I think Cro-cop is better it could go either way. It would probably just come down to who get's caught first, both of them have average chins the way I see it.
waylon_o
2/7/07 10:08:58AM
I agree that they both have average chins. Arlovski is so overated in my book. Yeah, he blew it big time against Sylvia. Arlovski is fast as hell, hits like a bull, and has the attitude and intensity to go with it. I don't expect him to beat Cro Cop, but I would love to see the fight. Like you said before, if he can get him down or against the cage, it could get really interesting.
strikefirstgear
2/7/07 11:40:01AM
My guess is that AA will be Crocops first title defense after the inevitable rubber match between him and Silvia (He will crush Silvia in both matches).

I can't see them using up the good match between AA and Crocop before then.
SICKRICK
2/7/07 12:35:39PM
i think cro cop vs. AA would be incredible
Lay_N_Pray
2/7/07 3:16:15PM
I think AA would have a great chance against Cro Cop. Especially if Cro Crop handles his opponents easily, I think Arlovski would be a huge change of pace after Cro Crop gets in a comfort zone. I would definitely love to see that fight happen this year.
JunCTion
2/7/07 5:28:02PM
why are we forgetting about randy. he has a 4 fight contract.
natural
silvia
cro-cop
arlovski
vera
gonzaga
o'brien
herring
cro-cop / vera (winner takes on natural / silvia winner)
arlovski / o'brien
herring / gonzaga
zephead
2/7/07 5:35:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think they are hoping for this fight if Cro-cop gets by Sylvia. 2 fastest heavyweights IMO. Would be sweet, Arlovski would be smart to try and go for the takedown and pin him against the cage . Standing with him would be way to dangerous. Still, while I think Cro-cop is better it could go either way. It would probably just come down to who get's caught first, both of them have average chins the way I see it.

Why is Cro-Cops chin average? He has 4 loses. A split decision to Mark Hunt, a decision to Fedor. He got submitted by Big Nog and got KO'ed by The Monster. That left he got from the MOnster would have KO'ed anybody.
waylon_o
2/7/07 5:37:08PM
I have already pretty much crossed Brandon Vera off of my UFC list...he's too greedy. He has 1 fight left on his contract and I'm betting Dana puts him on an undercard and sends him on his way.
JunCTion
2/7/07 5:42:59PM
taht would be allright, he is an ass
Trapt1nw0nder
2/8/07 12:07:05AM
Dream fight.....2 of the best,most action packed HW's

Heart with Arlovski....Wallet with CroCop.....

i dont think Arlovski will go for a takedown..i think he is most comfortable standing...Sylvia was getting the better of him the whole second fight and he never tried for a TD.(not Touchdown.)

if Arlovski can time CroCop's kicks and Counter with a straight right hand he can finish him
strikefirstgear
2/8/07 2:40:36AM

Posted by waylon_o

I have already pretty much crossed Brandon Vera off of my UFC list...he's too greedy. He has 1 fight left on his contract and I'm betting Dana puts him on an undercard and sends him on his way.

Ha! I totally forgot about him. Now that would be the one to send against Crocop in England. Give him a spanking on his way out. I would like to see that fight.
Svartorm
2/8/07 4:12:43AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Why is Cro-Cops chin average? He has 4 loses. A split decision to Mark Hunt, a decision to Fedor. He got submitted by Big Nog and got KO'ed by The Monster. That left he got from the MOnster would have KO'ed anybody.

I'd agree with Hippy. He got rocked and KO'ed in K-1 now and again. He doesn't have a weak chin, but hes certainly not impossible to KO either.
Spud
2/8/07 4:13:45AM

Posted by JunCTion

why are we forgetting about randy. he has a 4 fight contract.

we are forgetting about Randy because if Chuck can knock him out twice,
what do you suppose will happen if Sylvia lands a crisp one on him?

Vera hasn't signed a new contract and is supposedly in talks with another promotion and I don't think Dana is too pleased with his demands either.
if I were Dana, I'd pay Vera whatever money he wants.
the HW division sure as hell needs him.

CC vs. AA should only happen if it's for the belt.
AA will have to notch up a credible win over someone beforehand though, IMO.

there's no way that CC vs. AA would go to the ground, as someone else has said previous.

AA got sparked by Sylvia in the rematch and for the 3rd he didn't change his strategy. he stood and traded. (poorly)

CC would chop the legs from under him with AA checking none of them and then do a "Yoshida"

failing that, CC would chop the legs from him and then send a straight left right down the pipe.

goodnight AA.
JunCTion
2/8/07 10:51:08AM
wouldn't randy have an easier time getting silvia to the ground than he had with chuck and hasn't silvia been kinda lazy his last couple of fights
pv3Hpv3p
2/8/07 1:09:56PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Dream fight.....2 of the best,most action packed HW's

Heart with Arlovski....Wallet with CroCop.....

i dont think Arlovski will go for a takedown..i think he is most comfortable standing...Sylvia was getting the better of him the whole second fight and he never tried for a TD.(not Touchdown.)

if Arlovski can time CroCop's kicks and Counter with a straight right hand he can finish him

I agree, two of the fastest, most explosive HW's around...

IMO, AA will keep it standing, CC's sprawl is just tooo fast... And I know everyone thinks it's a long shot, but in all reality, AA has a very good chance, and CC had lots of trouble with the last sambo guy he fought (OK, so it was Fedor...). And before the bad chin argument comes out, CC has been knocked out as well, that's the position you put yourself in when you prefer the standup game.

It'll be a great fight, and hopefully for the belt
roman
2/8/07 9:37:16PM
Well whoever Cro Cop fights it will be his last until his title match against big Tim (or at least that is how Dana said it would go). I think a AA Cro Cop fight would be sweet, and yes he might go for the takedowns but I don't think he would get them. Even if he does Cro Cop has gotten pretty damn good on the ground. However it goes Cro Cop has the belt within 2 fights and I can't wait.

I really don't think they will put Rampage up against Chuck for a couple more fights so don't be getting to excited about that one yet.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/8/07 9:40:07PM
if AA can knock someone out from his back(last fight) he can certainly knock CroCop out with 1 blow

JunCTion
2/9/07 12:35:10AM

Posted by roman

I really don't think they will put Rampage up against Chuck for a couple more fights so don't be getting to excited about that one yet.

when rampage wins his next fight and chuck beats jardine or whoever, theres no reason for dana to wait. rampages 3rd fught in the ufc will be for the title.
JunCTion
2/9/07 12:37:45AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

if AA can knock someone out from his back(last fight) he can certainly knock CroCop out with 1 blow

i love AA, but theres a a lot better chance of crocop ending the fight with 1 kick than there is of AA ending the fight with 1 punch
cowcatcher
2/9/07 12:41:51AM
truth is, we all have to wait for CC to beat Sylvia/Couture to see this, but regardless of what happens it could be the most exciting stand up UFC HW match ever
JunCTion
2/9/07 1:26:41AM

Posted by cowcatcher

truth is, we all have to wait for CC to beat Sylvia/Couture to see this, but regardless of what happens it could be the most exciting stand up UFC HW match ever

agreed.