Croatia : ( not sure if I spelled it right in the end WOW

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Croatia : ( not sure if I spelled it right in the end WOW
SpiderSilva
6/20/08 7:44:22PM
So Im not really big on soccer do to being American but WOW what a finish to a game Turkey WOW like 3 seconds left to tie it

These Euros have made me a fan these past 2 weeks have been fantastic and made me want to watch the next game but I really don't think anything can top today.
jiujitsufreak74
6/20/08 8:08:32PM
i'm a little ticked that they let the game continue for so long after the 120th minute. either way it was a great game and i can't believe Croatia missed 2 PK's wide of the net. as soon as Croatia scored i said to myself, "well that sucks for the Turkish goalkeeper being that in the final minute of his international career he f*cks up." but then not 2 minutes later Turkey hits a lazer from about 30 meters out and ties it up. my jaw was touching the floor. then, the Turkish keeper made a brilliant save to close out the PKs making me look like a fool for commenting on him earlier.
Aaronno9
6/20/08 8:19:40PM
Yeah it was a shocker, i really wanted to croatia to win and i thought they had a legit chance after they dominated the germans.
juanez13
6/20/08 8:20:25PM
yea great game, I love the turkish golie-Rustu (sp?)...i still remember him when Turkey played brazil in the semis of the 02' world cup, great golie....

Anyways, Turkey is pretty much fcked after this, they've got no team to play Germany.....Spain on the other hand has got the hardest road to the finals, if they beat Italy, Netherlands whom looked nothing but great will be their next game, IMO i think the winner of that match wins the whole thing, still rooting for Spain to come through.
loller90278
6/20/08 9:13:35PM
its been a cinderella story for turkey this whole year, being nicknamed the comeback kids.. i thought their luck would've run out today but they somehow managed to squeeze in that goal after regulation time ran out..

amazing game with an amazing ending!

ps.. gotta feel sorry for croatia though, but at least their loss helps germany to an easier route to the finals!

war germany!
AchillesHeel
6/20/08 10:11:11PM
Just finished watching this match, and I'm exhausted! Might have to go to bed early to be ready for Netherlands-Russia tomorrow...
SpiderSilva
6/20/08 11:09:19PM
man it was crazy I was watching the 1st half at home with those crazy missed goal by Croatia then I watched the 2nd half at my moms my wife was like lets go Im like I been watchin these games for like 2 weeks I wonna know who wins boom goal 1-0 Croatia so I get up thinking hell maybe just maybe I am from denver we have seen plenty of comebacks then holy shit its tied my wife was like WTF yep the the Turks pull that off she didnt beleive me that last goal is ESPN play of the day hands down
flainthefacerh
6/21/08 3:00:39PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

So Im not really big on soccer do to being American but WOW what a finish to a game Turkey WOW like 3 seconds left to tie it

These Euros have made me a fan these past 2 weeks have been fantastic and made me want to watch the next game but I really don't think anything can top today.

haha nice, i was telling my friend yesterday "if any non-soccer fan has watched this tournament and at least doesnt have a new found respect for soccer then i have lost faith in humanity" so props to you
Red-Dragon
6/21/08 4:57:37PM
Croatia deserved the win really. They were the better team in the first 90 mins but the Turks took over in extra time and credit to both sides for not just playing for penalties and going for the win.

Watch out for Russia (dark horses) provided they get past Netherlands they could win this thing.