Cro Cop wants to fight at 99.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cro Cop wants to fight at 99.
cmill21
2/25/09 10:05:19PM
Well this is the Croatian interview, pretty much says he wants to fight in Germany at 99, heard it's Couture, and he will be back to full training one month before the fight would take place... Also said he wants to fight 6 times per year, which is weird since the UFC contract would either be a one off or a non exclusive.

Linkage
mkiv9secsupra
2/25/09 10:37:59PM
I really hope Filipovic makes a huge come back. I have no doubt he would destroy Lesnar and i would love to see Gonzaga CroCop 2. Also if Overeem signs the rematch with CC would be great. But who could Mirko fight at UFC 99? The only guy i could think of is Couture but he said no, i think. He could fight Dos Santos.
cmill21
2/25/09 11:55:46PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I really hope Filipovic makes a huge come back. I have no doubt he would destroy Lesnar and i would love to see Gonzaga CroCop 2. Also if Overeem signs the rematch with CC would be great. But who could Mirko fight at UFC 99? The only guy i could think of is Couture but he said no, i think. He could fight Dos Santos.

Pat Berry, show everyone what real K-1 championship striking is.
loller90278
2/26/09 12:04:35AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i was hoping for that against kongo.... and overeem...

at this point, and i hate to say this but: i think crocop would get smashed by Barry.
hopefully i'm wrong and crocop can shock us all and make a run for the title
Franklinfan47
2/26/09 12:06:50AM
I love watching Cro Cop fight regardless of his opponent.

Hope he fights at 99
Boo_Radley21
2/26/09 12:16:53AM
Good. I wanna see him back in the octagon even though he hasn't looked too great lately.
cmill21
2/26/09 12:30:23AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i was hoping for that against kongo.... and overeem...

at this point, and i hate to say this but: i think crocop would get smashed by Barry.
hopefully i'm wrong and crocop can shock us all and make a run for the title

Ahh thats life, looked good against Kongo till the rib break. From what i'm hearing he's been giving Bonjasky all he can handle now(pre surgery, so hopefully it won't effect him).
ravanunen
2/26/09 2:20:46AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

He could fight Dos Santos.

I'd love to see that fight. Dos Santos deserves good opponents, I am shocked by the last guy UFC matched him up with.

Then after this fight: Harring/Velasquez winner vs. Crocop/Dos Santos winner
that would be awesome
cowcatcher
2/26/09 9:47:55AM
as long as hes in the ufc im happy. not pat berry though, hes a local guy and it would be a heartbreaker to see one of them have to lose.
Shawn91111
2/26/09 9:50:45AM

Posted by cmill21

Cro Cop isn't fighting in Germany lol, he will not be ready.

prozacnation1978
2/26/09 10:29:15AM
i doubt it will be randy
watch he will fight big nog in main event or give gonzaga loses next week might set up rematch with cro cop
pv3Hpv3p
2/26/09 1:48:34PM
Pat Barry would be an awesome fight... Even though CC's been looking less than spectacular it's still in situations where he's suseptible on the ground... I would love to see Barry stand and trade with him just to see how good Pat is and what CroCop's got left regarding his bread and butter stand up game
chickmagnet
2/26/09 2:33:15PM
He will probably be on the undercard though, this card is already stacked. Too bad because I enjoy watching CC fight. He will probably get someone like Al Turk or Mike Wessel, then later this year he'l get a superfight with someone like Nogueira or Couture.
theguido
2/26/09 3:23:39PM
I think Dos Santos. To me that would be an awsome fight.
cmill21
2/26/09 3:24:47PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by cmill21

You missed the part about him having only one month of full training before this fight . I think he'll get the can of all can's to insure a nice KO for the German fans and someone who can't give him a problem after one month of training. Dan Evansen still in the UFC? lol

EDIT: I can't see the UFC pay Cro Cop what they'll be paying him and putting him on the undercard. In this part of the world he's bigger then Randy or Chuck. I'll try and find out how many people showed up to watch him fight Michael McDonald.
paratrooper
2/26/09 3:40:25PM
CC is a favorite but is he going to UFC to duck Kharitonov? He turned down a fight with him before...

BTW I don't see anyone in the UFC taking CC...he has had training and experience in the cage now, and won't be underestimating anyone. Hopefully the killing machine we all know and love from his younger years will come back and make one last run. I still think CC and Kharitonov are the only ones that can beat Fedor. And CC has the edge cause he already put a beating on Fedor once before, and if he can come in conditioned, he can knock him out.

Hoping to see CC fight soon, wherever that may be.
chickmagnet
2/26/09 3:44:53PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by cmill21

Dan Evansen still in the UFC? lol

Haha
Violence108
2/26/09 7:24:30PM
i hope Cro Cop is back in the UFC he is one of my fav fighters
i would like to see him fight a lesser know fighter at 1st just to get him warmed up in the UFC's HW divison some one like Mike Ciesnolevicz, or Denis Stojnic
or maybe Mark Coleman would move back up to HW and have a rematch with Cro Cop
CwB
2/26/09 10:11:36PM

Posted by Violence108

i hope Cro Cop is back in the UFC he is one of my fav fighters
i would like to see him fight a lesser know fighter at 1st just to get him warmed up in the UFC's HW divison some one like Mike Ciesnolevicz, or Denis Stojnic
or maybe Mark Coleman would move back up to HW and have a rematch with Cro Cop

Coleman vs CC

we have a winner
Boo_Radley21
2/27/09 1:22:37AM
Give Cro Cop a fight with someone who isn't at the top of the division. It's too bad Herring is already fighting Velasquez. Either of those guys would have been good even though CC fought Herring already.
virginiatech
2/27/09 1:20:40PM
Hopefully the knee surgery will give him some confidence back. However, I don't think he'll ever be back 100% mentally again.

It would be cool just to see one last highlight LHK KO.
1daveufc
2/27/09 3:58:54PM
I hope Dana brings him back not sure he he wud fight against.
tmas
2/28/09 8:22:33AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

what you smoking bro.....

and for the peep who said Mark COleman thas not happening Mark said he is staying at 205 he didnt lose all that weight just to gain it back lol
prozacnation1978
3/1/09 9:14:49AM
main card is pretty much a done deal now if cro cop does fight likely uno vs fisher bout will be bumped or the swick fight

i hope he comes back to the ufc, but he is not the same fighter
the ufc will give him a can
he should drop to 205
i think the ufc will wait a couple weeks before they annouce it
maybe cro cop will fight a mike wessel , grove, denis some one of that calibur but like i said dropping to 205 fighting mark coleman is a possiblity as well