Cro Cop Updates

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cro Cop Updates
marketmaven
8/18/07 7:37:38PM
Cro Cop is not taking any chances. Hope he doesnt learn too much from Yvel and starts fighting dirty, I love the way he fights and he doesnt need to do any of that. Hopefully, he just improves his ground game and take down defense.

Good article about the latest in training:

http://www.prophetfighting.com/?p=591

Predictions: Cro Cop takes knocks out Kongo 2nd round.

Would be great if we saw him fight again in December, but January is more likely.

Mastodon2
8/19/07 8:18:40AM
I read that article yesterday, and imo Yvel will not be teaching Cro Cop dirty tactics, they have only resulted in DQ's for Yvel in the past, I don't think that Cro Cop wants any of that.

What Yvel is there for, is to teach Mirko how to deal with aggression. Bonjasky is a superb Thai boxer, but he relies more on picking his strikes, keeping out of range with leg kicks and shooting in with flying knees. Yvel is more straight forward, he tries to get up in his opponents face and wreck them quickly. He is a great training partner imo, as once Cro Cop has sparred with him extensively, he will most likely never face another striker who is aggressive as that for the rest of his career. Kongo will come at him with half the intensity of Yvel, so training with the dirty dutchman will help Cro Cop maintain a clear head when fights start getting nasty.
richieb19
8/19/07 8:30:12AM

Posted by Mastodon2

I read that article yesterday, and imo Yvel will not be teaching Cro Cop dirty tactics, they have only resulted in DQ's for Yvel in the past, I don't think that Cro Cop wants any of that.

What Yvel is there for, is to teach Mirko how to deal with aggression. Bonjasky is a superb Thai boxer, but he relies more on picking his strikes, keeping out of range with leg kicks and shooting in with flying knees. Yvel is more straight forward, he tries to get up in his opponents face and wreck them quickly. He is a great training partner imo, as once Cro Cop has sparred with him extensively, he will most likely never face another striker who is aggressive as that for the rest of his career. Kongo will come at him with half the intensity of Yvel, so training with the dirty dutchman will help Cro Cop maintain a clear head when fights start getting nasty.

Nice assessment of Yvel, and props on donning him with "dirty dutchman" lol...
adamal
8/19/07 10:38:04PM
Agreed. I don't think CC is a fighter that is looking to get an edge on anyone per se. He alrady has it with his striking ability. He just needs to be trained to use the octogon and compete with the breed of fighter found in the UFC heavyweight division.
LR
8/20/07 10:57:09AM
Crocop's quickness is still very unmatched in MMA. Kongo is going to have a hard time dealing with his quickness and power combined.