Cro Cop Overly Trustful of the Japanese, Wants to Fight Fedor on New Year’s Eve

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop Overly Trustful of the Japanese, Wants to Fight Fedor on New Year’s Eve
juanez13
2/21/08 6:24:42PM

On non-financial reasons for parting ways with the UFC: “I was in full training and wanted to compete in March. However, the UFC couldn’t find me an opponent that fast and I didn’t want to stop my preparations and start all over again for a match in May. Besides I was HUNGRY for a fight and nervous (anxious) like a dog…I asked for a rematch with Gonzaga but that was not possible because he lost to Werdum. Then I asked for Kongo but that wasn’t possible either.”

On business practices that will eventually screw him: “Although I didn’t sign any contract [with DREAM] we came to an agreement for 3 fights in March, June and September. I never had written contracts with the Japanese because we have always done business by oral agreement.”

On returning to the UFC: “I’m going to go back to the UFC without a doubt…The date of return depends on a possible fight with Fedor. The fight should take place on 31st December if Fedor accepts. If that fails I’ll be back in the UFC by the end of this year.”

On his “psychological crisis”: “I lost that killer instinct. I lost 5kg (10lb) before the fight with Kongo, I had a hard time wanting to train and on the day of the fight I thought to myself: Why do I even need this, why am I fighting a guy I have never seen before. I was fed up with it all.”

On diplomacy: “I have managed to come to terms with Dana and I’m thankful for his cooperation and understanding.”

LINK
cmill21
2/21/08 6:43:57PM
I was reading this earlier, I hope he gets his shot at Fedor, I think that fight means the same thing to him as it does to Randy. I think he's on a revenge tour, hope he gets it done.
warglory
2/21/08 7:23:20PM
I am a huge fan of CroCop and want him to get back on the right track. Hopefully CroCop can garner his old attitude.
SpiderSilva
2/21/08 9:45:53PM
Man I hope he goes on a terror on his way to Fedor
Question: Why does the UFC let him fight Feodr but not Randy? hmmmmmmmmmm
jiujitsufreak74
2/21/08 10:05:24PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Man I hope he goes on a terror on his way to Fedor
Question: Why does the UFC let him fight Feodr but not Randy? hmmmmmmmmmm

because Randy is still under contract with t hem so they don't want him to fight anybody, let alone Fedor unless it is in the UFC. CC is no longer obligated to the UFC thus he can fight CC while Randy has a legally binding contract.
McBee
2/21/08 10:20:06PM
CC still has one fight l;eaft I am pretty sure

and

“I have managed to come to terms with Dana and I’m thankful for his cooperation and understanding.”
do not hear this about Dana but I am sure HDNET will say Dana scared away another one of the games great Bas is cool but the other two are so annoying and stupid I want Diaz to apply a gogoplata to their throats.
nastshabast
2/21/08 10:28:55PM
To me, Cro Cop is kind of strange. Sometimes i dig what he says and other times I hate him cause he can be a dick. But ya, he hasn't looked like that same dude from pride, I think the Gonzaga fight really f'd with his head.
Aaronno9
2/21/08 10:29:16PM
I just pray he comes back to the ufc and breaks some skulls. It sucks when people say he sucks becouse of his ufc losses, when i think everybody knows hes better than gg and kongo.
cmill21
2/21/08 10:29:45PM

Posted by McBee

and

“I have managed to come to terms with Dana and I’m thankful for his cooperation and understanding.”
do not hear this about Dana but I am sure HDNET will say Dana scared away another one of the games great Bas is cool but the other two are so annoying and stupid I want Diaz to apply a gogoplata to their throats.

No Cro Cop's not in the UFC anymore he's signed with Dream for 3 fights, but as he's said he never has written contracts with Japanese companies, just verbal(probably don't want to screw a man who is a Croatian commando), and I think the contract will be more like 4-6 fights.
jiujitsufreak74
2/21/08 10:47:19PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by McBee

and

No Cro Cop's not in the UFC anymore he's signed with Dream for 3 fights, but as he's said he never has written contracts with Japanese companies, just verbal(probably don't want to screw a man who is a Croatian commando), and I think the contract will be more like 4-6 fights.

exactly

yea CC opted out of his contract, Dana was cool about it apparantly and hopefully he will join back with the UFC after he puts together a run in Dream.
DevonFoxy
2/21/08 10:57:14PM

Posted by juanez13

On returning to the UFC: “I’m going to go back to the UFC without a doubt…The date of return depends on a possible fight with Fedor. The fight should take place on 31st December if Fedor accepts. If that fails I’ll be back in the UFC by the end of this year.”

LINK

All i need to hear i can't wait for Cro Cop to come back and hopefully we will see the real Cro Cop again.
wolfman
2/21/08 10:57:53PM
Cool, I hope he does get to fight Fedor again. Hopefully, he can beat Fedor and really shut up the naysayers.
Cladrix
2/21/08 11:32:17PM
CroCop will come to terms with himself and go on a tear in the DREAM organization.

Then CroCop will come back to the UFC and kick some heads in the crowd starting with Gonzaga's
godofdixie
2/21/08 11:49:16PM
"Filipovic will be fighting Mr. X at DREAM’s inaugural show at the Saitama Super Arena on March 15th."

who is this "mr. x"?
cmill21
2/21/08 11:58:41PM

Posted by godofdixie

"Filipovic will be fighting Mr. X at DREAM’s inaugural show at the Saitama Super Arena on March 15th."

who is this "mr. x"?

Are you familiar with Pride? Lol they had plenty of match ups that weren't announced until the week of the fight.. They're weird like that.
Manfred
2/22/08 12:03:28AM
What I wonder is, if he loses to Fedor again, why would the UFC welcome him back?

Sure, if he pulls it off they would love it, but Fedor is definitely going to have the edge.
cmill21
2/22/08 12:07:20AM

Posted by Manfred

What I wonder is, if he loses to Fedor again, why would the UFC welcome him back?

Sure, if he pulls it off they would love it, but Fedor is definitely going to have the edge.

I don't think he's to worried about the UFC. If he beats Fedor, like just about every HW fighter, he believe's he'll be rememberd as the man who beat the very best ever.

Wooo 3000 posts, god I need a life. Apperently I'm Fedor though
Manfred
2/22/08 12:12:28AM
I see what you're sayin CMill, but he said he'll be back in the UFC after he fights Fedor, so clearly he wants to go back. Do you think the UFC will want him if he loses?

EDIT, Tried to prop you for not having a life *cough* I mean for 3000, but I gotta spread
cmill21
2/22/08 12:20:31AM

Posted by Manfred

I see what you're sayin CMill, but he said he'll be back in the UFC after he fights Fedor, so clearly he wants to go back. Do you think the UFC will want him if he loses?

EDIT, Tried to prop you for not having a life *cough* I mean for 3000, but I gotta spread

I know it's important to him to get back and prove himself(it's acctually very very important to him), but I also know that Fedor is his #1 wish. I think if he smashed Kharitonov, and say Hunt or Barnett again then lost another incredible decision to Fedor they would have him back, I don't see him getting more then 200K a fight there anyways, and I also don't see the two people he wants to fight most being that high on the UFC's rankings, so that could factor in. Who knows though, i've been wrong before lol.
Pookie
2/22/08 12:43:34AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Manfred

I know it's important to him to get back and prove himself(it's acctually very very important to him), but I also know that Fedor is his #1 wish. I think if he smashed Kharitonov, and say Hunt or Barnett again then lost another incredible decision to Fedor they would have him back, I don't see him getting more then 200K a fight there anyways, and I also don't see the two people he wants to fight most being that high on the UFC's rankings, so that could factor in. Who knows though, i've been wrong before lol.

who are you kidding, no you haven't. You're Fedor!
grats.
McBee
2/22/08 1:12:14AM
I know but I think he had one more fight left but the UFC used their option to make a lower offer because of the two losses and CC did not have to accept the offer.
McBee
2/22/08 1:15:09AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by godofdixie

who is this "mr. x"?

Are you familiar with Pride? Lol they had plenty of match ups that weren't announced until the week of the fight.. They're weird like that.

no Mr X is another Luche libre guy in a mask like the one he decapitated early in Pride Bushido
Manak
2/22/08 1:23:12AM
CC always comes to grips with himself after slumps, but from the sounds he is strictly lookin to avenge his loses, which could end very bad for some fighters he faces but damm if fedor v CC 2 can be as good as fedor v CC 1, i hope he pulls through this and finally gets his belt
loller90278
2/22/08 2:07:24AM
i just hope Mr. ex isn't Xavier "Professor X" Foupa-Pokam
xburbx
2/22/08 7:00:55AM
Cro Cop has said things in the past that havent come to fruition so it is tough to hold him to things 8 months out.
godofdixie
2/28/08 5:20:24PM

Posted by cmill21

yeah i'm familiar w/ pride, i just don't remember ever seeing tba referred to as mr. x
sinister_16
4/9/08 9:53:47AM

Posted by juanez13

On non-financial reasons for parting ways with the UFC: “I was in full training and wanted to compete in March. However, the UFC couldn’t find me an opponent that fast and I didn’t want to stop my preparations and start all over again for a match in May. Besides I was HUNGRY for a fight and nervous (anxious) like a dog…I asked for a rematch with Gonzaga but that was not possible because he lost to Werdum. Then I asked for Kongo but that wasn’t possible either.”

On business practices that will eventually screw him: “Although I didn’t sign any contract [with DREAM] we came to an agreement for 3 fights in March, June and September. I never had written contracts with the Japanese because we have always done business by oral agreement.”

On his “psychological crisis”: “I lost that killer instinct. I lost 5kg (10lb) before the fight with Kongo, I had a hard time wanting to train and on the day of the fight I thought to myself: Why do I even need this, why am I fighting a guy I have never seen before. I was fed up with it all.”

On diplomacy: “I have managed to come to terms with Dana and I’m thankful for his cooperation and understanding.”

LINK

sinister_16
4/9/08 9:55:17AM
Cro cop will be killed by Fedor