Cro Cop Has opponent!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop Has opponent!
cmill21
3/6/08 8:35:15AM
Link

A little over an hour ago I was contacted by DREAM officials. They informed me that my opponent on March 15 will be Yoshihiro Nakao from Japan. It was very important for me to fight as soon as possible and I'm happy that DREAM was able to find the opponent for me.

For those of you who don't know, Nakao is the guy who kissed Herring.
silverbullet
3/6/08 8:38:14AM
lol
SmileR
3/6/08 8:38:19AM
Great news man! I can't wait to see Cro Cop fight again!
mmadb
3/6/08 9:21:50AM
That's not a bad opponent. I mean, he's fought some decent competiton and only lost to Nakamura. I think Cro Cop has got this but he's not really a can in my opinion and I'm glad to see that.
Vendetta
3/6/08 9:48:59AM
Not a very good opponent, but I'm not sure Crocop deserves any better at this point.
mrsmiley
3/6/08 10:03:46AM
CC has to win this fight.This is what I like to call a "grace" fight.

A chance to redeem himself.Or at least get back on track.He needs to get a KO.He can't let it go to a decision.

War CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
silverbullet
3/6/08 10:21:21AM

Posted by mmadb

That's not a bad opponent. I mean, he's fought some decent competiton and only lost to Nakamura. I think Cro Cop has got this but he's not really a can in my opinion and I'm glad to see that.

lol
Cladrix
3/6/08 10:50:29AM
Mirko by vicious KO!!!!!
CornishMMA
3/6/08 11:12:03AM
He doesnt have a bad record tbh, Draggo is a heavy hitter and he survived and subbed him, never been stopped, just that decision loss to Nakamura, but best of all he managed a NC with accidental headbut with Don Frye then he decisioned him later

But yeah Cro Cop should destroy him - "CC in a ring is a completely different thing"

CantAndleDaRiddum
3/6/08 11:35:26AM

Posted by Vendetta

Not a very good opponent, but I'm not sure Crocop deserves any better at this point.

so true, lets just jope he doesnt try to kiss mirko.....kicks would come flying in like mirko was goldmember
AchillesHeel
3/6/08 11:41:03AM

Posted by Vendetta

I agree. Nakao is a B-level fighter, at best. I hope Cro Cop crushes him like an egg and gets back to being one of the elite.

DREAM and World Victory Road should work together on a rematch between Cro Cop and Josh Barnett. Likewise, the M-1 people should have the DREAM folks on speed-dial, for a rematch with Fedor.
nastshabast
3/6/08 11:49:32AM
Cro Cop by foot through brain
matt_black
3/6/08 12:01:34PM
i'm a huge Cro-Cop fan, but imagine if he loses, lol
The_Grim_Reaper
3/6/08 1:19:43PM
Cro Cop needs to get a HL reel LHK Ko
Pookie
3/6/08 1:54:22PM
Could you imagine nakao trying to go in for a kiss, while looking at Cro-Cop's staredown. That would be priceless.
Daddyprimetime
3/6/08 2:29:42PM
CroCop has got to win this fight. It may seem as a somewhat easier opponent but where is CroCop's head at right now? He may say he is clear headed but is he really? Lets all hope he is.
jae_1833
3/6/08 3:12:57PM
Sad really.....could you imagin any current UFC champ having to fight a guy that has 6 professional fights....I think Mirko should have a better opponent....this guy is just too inexperienced for him imo!!!
silverbullet
3/6/08 3:29:56PM
If Cro Cop defeats Yoshihiro Nakao, he might get a shot against Hong-Man Choi!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
RMFG_187
3/6/08 5:21:19PM

Posted by Pookie

Could you imagine nakao trying to go in for a kiss, while looking at Cro-Cop's staredown. That would be priceless.

hes learned better.

btw i would laugh my ass off if CC loses.
cmill21
3/6/08 5:42:05PM
I'm just curious what you guys thought he would get on just over a weeks notice? Kind of nieve to think it would be him vs Kharitonov with one week for them both to prepare....
wolfman
3/6/08 5:58:30PM

Posted by silverbullet

If Cro Cop defeats Yoshihiro Nakao, he might get a shot against Hong-Man Choi!

candynuts
3/7/08 1:18:55AM
Jeez, those Japanese sure do have some balls for accepting a fight with Cro-Cop!! I mean Minowa fought him for God's sake!
Either way, its good to see him fight in a ring again.
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 1:31:22AM
Nice to see him back, glad to hear he's focused. He should dominate and got on to bigger and better things like another fight with Barnett, the rematch with Fedor, and the trilogy fight with Randleman. Then on to dominate the UFC!!!