What if Cro-Cop loses?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What if Cro-Cop loses?
Next Page »
JerkmanForever
1/20/07 8:22:49PM
It seems that everyone is just assuming that Cro Cop will win in his first UFC fight agaisnt Eddie Sanchez, and it is probably a safe assumption, but what happens if Cro Cop gets knocked out? Cro Cop has been KOed before. Im not sure what the UFC will do if that happens but they would definatly have to spend more time building him up before he gets a title shot. It might happen, however unlikely. Anything is possible in an MMA fight.
hippysmacker
1/21/07 3:22:18AM
Anything is possiible, everybody has a punchers chance., and Cruz does have a good righthand. Also, cro-cop was freakishly Koed by Randleman. If another freak KO happens it would probably just mean 3 warmups for a title fight instead of 2.
nate22
1/21/07 7:25:07AM
It certainly won't be the end of the world for the UFC, it's not as if he wouldn't return and redeem himself even so. Sanchez does have a few KO victories under his belt so it's not entirely out of the question, whether he is a world class striker such as CC though remains to be seen,
loller90278
1/21/07 2:09:41PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Anything is possiible, everybody has a punchers chance., and Cruz does have a good righthand. Also, cro-cop was freakishly Koed by Randleman. If another freak KO happens it would probably just mean 3 warmups for a title fight instead of 2.

ehh, he's fighting sanchez not cruz
but anyways, it'll just give the ufc nuthuggers more reasons to claim ufc is much better than pride..
duniek
1/21/07 8:12:39PM
Well if CC loses , then he will have to get a few more fights and work his way up the ladder. Anyway , is he really fighting Sanchez for the title shot? I am happy to see him in the UFC. He deserves to be there .
aceprone
1/21/07 10:06:42PM
I believe he is fighting Sanchez just so people will know who he is, after that he can have a title shot. He deserves one. He deserves one against Fedor, he sure as heck deserves one against Tim Sylvia.
Beenosworld
1/22/07 12:06:09PM
no chance MIRCO CRO COP loses.
bosco420
1/22/07 1:17:04PM
dont talk like that ive got 250 rideing on mirco lol
zephead
1/22/07 4:39:10PM
If Mirko loses all hell will break loose. The UFC nuthuggers will come out in force and dawg the "Pride Fighters." Dana will be pissed about the big money he's paying Mirko.

I know everyone has a punchers chance, but I see a Wandy style beatdown that won't last as long. Maybe along the lines of a Dos beatdown
hippysmacker
1/22/07 7:03:09PM
War C ro-cop. Anything to avoid mass-nutthuggary
strikefirstgear
1/22/07 8:32:37PM

Posted by zephead

If Mirko loses all hell will break loose. The UFC nuthuggers will come out in force and dawg the "Pride Fighters." Dana will be pissed about the big money he's paying Mirko.

I know everyone has a punchers chance, but I see a Wandy style beatdown that won't last as long. Maybe along the lines of a Dos beatdown

True true. But then again it is not like the Pride fans haven't been "dawging" the UFC folks using Fedor, Silva and CroCop as examples. They might have it coming.

Eitherway it wont be an issue. I think CroCop has this one and pretty quick too.
chubbud22
1/22/07 9:33:51PM
There is no way in hell cro cop will loose to Sanchez. It will shock the hell out of me if Tim Silvia beats Cro Cop,and this coming from a UFC fan
JerkmanForever
1/23/07 11:02:59AM
if cro cop loses im not sure all the UFC guys are going to start bashing pride fighters on that. if he keeps losing to ufc fighters maybe so but no one doubts how good cro cop is and that he will dominate the UFC heavyweight division. it would just suck if he lost his first fight in the UFC. Either way he is a great fighter and has very little chance of losing.
tffdwg38
1/28/07 1:38:19AM
if cro cop looses let the bashing begin
slammadowg
1/28/07 5:22:50AM
Consider the world as we know it done for.
pv3Hpv3p
1/28/07 7:46:43AM

Posted by nate22

It certainly won't be the end of the world for the UFC, it's not as if he wouldn't return and redeem himself even so. Sanchez does have a few KO victories under his belt so it's not entirely out of the question, whether he is a world class striker such as CC though remains to be seen,

Not to be a dick, but even if CC gets KO'd it doesn't prove that Sanchez is a world class striker. CroCop proved himself in K1, kickboxing with the worlds best and really only losing to the worlds best (Hoost is the shit). Randleman may have knocked Mirko the f@@k out, but that doesn't make him a 'world class striker'.

With that being said, Sanchez has absolutley nothing to lose.... If by some chance he lands his big right hand then he's on top of the world... If he can stand in there for a five minute round, he's made a good account fot himself... If he does anything besides being on the wrong end of a first rounds KO he's proved his naysayers wrong...

Best of luck to you Eddie, it sure looks like you're gonna need it....

My prediction... CC by liverkick
the-james
1/28/07 2:29:50PM
If cro cop losses both dana white and joe silva will have heart attacks
Hwarang
1/28/07 2:35:39PM
crocop will win :D
Reignofterror
1/28/07 3:53:41PM
The MMA world will perish if Crocop loses...bu in all honestly this is a gimme and the UFC knows that. May as well put Heath Herring in there with SAnchez they can be tag team partners...
We_Todd_Did
1/28/07 6:52:29PM
If CroCop loses to Sanchez and Fedor loses to Lindland,I will legally change my name to "Suzy Trampsalot",become a Vegan,and join the church of Scientology,then proceed to bet my house on an underground cockfight in Juarez.
Sticksta13
1/28/07 7:04:51PM
if that happened then 75% of the MMA community would start saying that CC was overrated and Eddie could beat Fedor
aceprone
1/29/07 1:52:56AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

If CroCop loses to Sanchez and Fedor loses to Lindland,I will legally change my name to "Suzy Trampsalot",become a Vegan,and join the church of Scientology,then proceed to bet my house on an underground cockfight in Juarez.

lets hope cro cop looses...j/k
hippysmacker
1/29/07 2:02:28AM
Eddie Sanchez predicted a 2nd round KO on the beatdown radio show. I think it would be impressive for him to survive that long to get KOed.
BloodandTears
1/29/07 4:40:02PM

Posted by bosco420

dont talk like that ive got 250 rideing on mirco lol

Dont worry if you lose just log back in as timber dave and you'll have $1000!! Looks to me that your betting amongst your own.. But no worries, Timber dave will be out of your camp soon, as he will be broke! Mirko will not lose
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cam8528
1/29/07 10:22:51PM
Upset's happen. I like Crocop, but I would love to see him KTFO for a warm UFC greeting! I won't hold my breath...
roadking95th
2/1/07 1:13:49AM
I guess we would have to start the Official Eddie Sanchez Bandwagon.

If he loses by a fluke, it could be easily fixed with a couple of tune up fights. However, if Cro Cop pulls a Herring, sans an injury, than the UFC has problems.
ac_gi
2/1/07 1:27:33AM
Anybody can lose in MMA at any time (Yes even Fedor). If he loses, then Mirko goes back to the gym, trains hella hard and goes on a 6 fight win streak. No big deal.
mrsumo
2/1/07 1:48:16AM
Eddie is going to taste one of those lead left kicks right to the chops. Cro cop is an amazing fighter. Of course it is possible Sanchez might pull this one out. But it doesn't seem likely. Were Cro cop to lose sure there would be a bunch of UFC fans going nuts. Probably a bunch of anti Pride sentiment as well. But it isn't going to effect him much. It won't be anything more than another time he was caught by a quick unsuspecting technique. It can happen to anyone. It's not like he's the new kid at school. He has enough clout behind him that he can go anywhere he wanted and get a fight. Even if I never looked at either fighters stats, just having seen them both fight in the past I have to give this one to Cro Cop. And this is coming from someone who perfers watching the UFC.
BabbyHughes
2/1/07 2:32:28AM
If Cro Cop loses, im never talking to Micah again.
allevil86
2/1/07 10:53:37AM
I''ll be impressed if sanchez makes it through the first round
Pages: [1] 2