Cro Cop V Kongo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cro Cop V Kongo
« Previous Page
cmill21
6/19/07 7:09:35PM
Strongly agree with you^^. I think him getting KO'd is the best thing that could have happend. He'll want to prove to everyone that he's not a bad fighter. If you've ever watched his earlier interviews all he talks about is being the best. He came to the UFC in a depressed mood it seemd. Now I think he'll be re-focused and better then ever.
vcr88
6/19/07 9:38:33PM
I think its really sad that u would say that Mirko would not be used to MMA striking by now he has fought in PRIDE for awhile which although some of u might get mad PRIDE by far has a more diverse striking game than the UFC with all its safety rules.
woodmo
6/20/07 4:10:14PM

Posted by vcr88

I think its really sad that u would say that Mirko would not be used to MMA striking by now he has fought in PRIDE for awhile which although some of u might get mad PRIDE by far has a more diverse striking game than the UFC with all its safety rules.

Like elbow strikes? By the time Cro Cop gets to this fight, he'll have his defenses ready for the UFC strikes and cage environment. I say Cro Cop in a late first or early second round KO/TKO.

I love the way it seems like people are ready to write off one of the greatest fighters in the world after 1 upset loss. Seriously guys, this should be a good fight, and Kongo is no slouch, but he is outmatched here.
cmill21
6/20/07 7:10:53PM
lol agreed, you can tell who acctually knows what Mirko did after he was upset(alot bigger of an upset) by kevin randleman.
ultimatefighter33
6/20/07 9:53:32PM
we all know who will win the return of the best fighter in the ufc and still the most feared The croation sensation mirko cro cop flipovic
MattHughesFan
6/20/07 10:28:05PM

Posted by ultimatefighter33

we all know who will win the return of the best fighter in the ufc and still the most feared The croation sensation mirko cro cop flipovic

theres only one Croatian Sensation and thats Pat Miletich, and i wouldn't say Cro-Cop's the best fighter in the UFC but yeah he'll take Kongo but he'll never touch the title.
cmill21
6/20/07 10:39:49PM
He could be the best fighter in the UFC...if his heads right, he needs to be focused. If he means what he says and is 100% focused he will win, and win, and win, and win...if he's not focused, he just won't win. Anyone who thinks he won't be able to come back from this KO needs to look into his past...the randleman KO was 10x more devastating, if he wins here he may get a shot at the title and if it's gonzaga....he won't be 100% concerned with going to the ground, and totally ignore his standup. This is the perfect fight for Mirko, he's fighting another striker who doesn't like going to the ground, I really really believe Mirko will look like his old self, 1'st round KO via the head kick courtosey of Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic.
mma4life
6/20/07 10:57:02PM
Kongo for sure
MattHughesFan
6/20/07 11:31:57PM

Posted by cmill21

He could be the best fighter in the UFC...if his heads right, he needs to be focused. If he means what he says and is 100% focused he will win, and win, and win, and win...if he's not focused, he just won't win. Anyone who thinks he won't be able to come back from this KO needs to look into his past...the randleman KO was 10x more devastating, if he wins here he may get a shot at the title and if it's gonzaga....he won't be 100% concerned with going to the ground, and totally ignore his standup. This is the perfect fight for Mirko, he's fighting another striker who doesn't like going to the ground, I really really believe Mirko will look like his old self, 1'st round KO via the head kick courtosey of Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic.

Oh believe me i know Cro-Cop can come back from his KO and i know he'll beat Kongo. He is a great fighter but lets face it. Him VS Kongo is not going to be a #1 contenders match that u can be sure of. That leaves Mirko with 3 fights left to win a title. Take one away for a #1 contenders match a minimum personally i think he'll need to beat two good opponents b4 he gets a crack at the title but at beast that means he'll have 2 fights left. that means one lose after beating Kongo and his dreams of holding a title are gone. I know Mirko's a great fighter and i know he'll come back from this KO but i just don't think he'll be able to take the title. He wasn't able to do it in K-1, Pride and he won't be able to do it in the UFC.
cmill21
6/20/07 11:46:28PM
I agree, but the reason he wasn't able to take the title in PRIDE is well fedor, and his brain farts/over confidence lol...if he comes back like he did after he lost to randleman, and he has that fire that he had when he won the OWGP i think he could take the title, of course I think he will have to beat kongo, then sylvia or arlovski, then after that he will either have to sign an extension or convince dana that he would continue fighting if he wins it. I don't see them giving him a shot if he wants to leave and go back to Lucko.
ultimatefighter33
6/21/07 12:26:40AM
trust me when mirko gets back to kicking ass he wont be thinking retirement
Chris_Keppel
7/17/07 6:09:57PM
Randleman has stronger hands then Kongo... Kongo will rush him thinking it is as easy as Gonzaga made it look, Cro Cop will pick him a part and knock him out in the first.

It will be a lot closer and exciting fight then I make it sound though. lol
cmill21
7/30/07 12:14:21AM
I just watched all of kongo's fights and I noticed something, he has a chuck liddell stance of sorts. Arms down and open. Yvel exploited it, and with the accuracy and power Mirko has I think he'll exploit it as well. If he doesn't fix his stance(doubt he will) Mirko will KO him in round one. I noticed kongo's agression, and thats all fine and good, but in the clinch Mirko keeps his head up, and he's content to take knees the the body, then when he breaks it he fires a flurry of accurate powerful strikes, and if kongo's hands are down he'll be sleeping. Mirko's very used to people running at him and closing the gap, it's been happening his whole career, and after the first fight with randleman he's handled it very very well, so I don't see that being a problem. As for the size difference, kongo's only 2 inches taller and at most 20 lbs heavier, a far cry from the size difference between Mirko and aleks or Mirko and bob sapp. I acctually see this fight going alot like the sapp fight. Before posting who you think is going to win, please do some research and analyze everything you can. Also Rampage who has fought many many hard hitters has stated that Randleman is the hardest hitter he's ever fought, and Mirko took one hell of a punch before Randleman overwhelmed him with hammer fists. My analysis on the upcoming fight . Remember everyone has a chance!
wilwith1l
7/30/07 10:17:53AM
I am putting my money on Kongo(real money). cause he's like +285, and we know Mirko can get caught.
LaosPowerHouse
8/1/07 7:06:55AM
Gonna be an awesome fight. Both excellent stand up fighters. But I think Cro Cop, TKO in the second round
Pages: 1 2 [3]