MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cro Cop V Kongo
Next Page »
griffinisback
6/13/07 8:47:06PM
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Cheick Kongo at UFC 75
Who will win?
cmill21
6/13/07 8:49:18PM
Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic, 1st round KO!
MattHughesFan
6/13/07 8:51:52PM
Kongo by LHK or Anaconda choke.
Stickan
6/13/07 8:53:17PM
If the odds look like they do right now, I'll put down some money on Kongo for sure when the time comes for UFC 75. I don't know if I'll pick Kongo but not putting money on him with those odds would be really stupid.

1:4 anyone?

btw. Gonzaga made me rich. A shame I didn't pick him ..
cmill21
6/13/07 8:57:12PM
Anyone who wants to bet let me know i will put all of my money on it.
Pookie
6/13/07 9:21:40PM
Chieck does really bad against ground people. But his standup is pretty good. Cro-cop still has the advantageIMO but this is a good fight for kongo. Has Cro-cop ever submitted anybody before?
Aether
6/13/07 9:31:45PM
his only REAL submission was when he guillotined randleman, but he technically holds a few "submission" wins over barnett when his shoulder popped and yoshida via verbal submission (which is really more of a TKO imo)

As far as the fight, I vote crocop, but cheick will be a better fight than most people give him credit for.
jrod
6/13/07 9:37:42PM
HIGHLIGHT REEL KO....Cro Cop second round....

[URL=http://www.ufccountdown.com][/URL]
Gushue33
6/13/07 9:42:08PM
this will be an entertaining fight. i was psyked when they announced this one. Cro cop's obviously.... cro cop, but this will be a good brawl. kongo's an animal.... but im gonna have to say cro cop 1st
cmill21
6/13/07 10:06:36PM
Striker vs. striker....the better striker will win. We all know who I think the better striker is
Stickan
6/13/07 10:26:41PM

Posted by cmill21

Striker vs. striker....the better striker will win. We all know who I think the better striker is

Doesn't always add up. Just look at his last fight

Striker vs grappler in stand-up...the better striker should win. We all know who the better striker is but we all know who won that fight.
DJDark41
6/13/07 10:28:59PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by cmill21

Striker vs grappler in stand-up...the better striker should win. We all know who the better striker is but we all know who won that fight.

I love cmill21's MMAth. And Stickan, your right, he got beat on his feet by Gonzaga, in my mind, because he simply underestimated Gonzaga's standup.

Anyway, CroCop has a good chance of winning, but he's not gonna roll through Kongo like he did to Sanchez. I think Kongo is just gonna charge at CroCop and try to brawl, and I see CroCop picking him apart with precise shots and eventually kicking Kongo's head into the 5th row.
cmill21
6/13/07 10:32:18PM
LOL yeah, everyone be honest when have you seen Mirko throw a kick that lackluster(the one he caught)? He wasn't there mentally. Now he's pissed. I agree DjDark, kongo will rush him, the best of it is I do recall another giant black man doing that(a bigger man) I don't remember how it ended but...
Stickan
6/13/07 10:37:39PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Stickan

Posted by cmill21

I love cmill21's MMAth. And Stickan, your right, he got beat on his feet by Gonzaga, in my mind, because he simply underestimated Gonzaga's standup.

Anyway, CroCop has a good chance of winning, but he's not gonna roll through Kongo like he did to Sanchez. I think Kongo is just gonna charge at CroCop and try to brawl, and I see CroCop picking him apart with precise shots and eventually kicking Kongo's head into the 5th row.

Sounds like a good prediction. Kongo has good technical stand-up but he's not very fast. Mirko is way faster with both his hands and feet IMO. Kongo has a pretty imposing physique though and his hands are heavy so it's really dumb to completely count him out.
Right now I think CC's gonna win but I wouldn't be surprised if Kongo lands a good punch, gets a tight clinch and hurts Mirko with knees before finishing a back pedalling CC off with heavy punches.
Stickan
6/13/07 10:39:32PM

Posted by cmill21

LOL yeah, everyone be honest when have you seen Mirko throw a kick that lackluster(the one he caught)? He wasn't there mentally. Now he's pissed. I agree DjDark, kongo will rush him, the best of it is I do recall another giant black man doing that(a bigger man) I don't remember how it ended but...

You mean Randleman? hmmm if I remember correctly he knocked Mirko out with a left hook...
DJDark41
6/13/07 10:44:36PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by cmill21

You mean Randleman? hmmm if I remember correctly he knocked Mirko out with a left hook...

Yeah...maybe Kongo has something going for him then.

cmill21
6/13/07 11:04:53PM
No...i meant bob sapp. Mirko wasn't Ko'd until they were on the ground. Again Mirko thought for sure there was no way he even had to fight randleman, he was thinking about fedor that hole fight. I can't see him looking past kongo, if he loses there may not be anyone past kongo.
Stickan
6/13/07 11:08:31PM

Posted by cmill21

No...i meant bob sapp. Mirko wasn't Ko'd until they were on the ground. Again Mirko thought for sure there was no way he even had to fight randleman, he was thinking about fedor that hole fight. I can't see him looking past kongo, if he loses there may not be anyone past kongo.

I knew who you meant, I was just playing with you. I'm not a mirko hater or anything, I just don't think "Mirko's gonna win." cuts it. I don't think you can disregard Kongo's skill like he's got nothing.
Mirko might dominate Kongo and I might be wrong but I think Kongo has the tools for another upset here.
gspfan31
6/13/07 11:09:29PM
cro cop by KO 1st rnd. he's alot faster and crisper than kongo
cmill21
6/13/07 11:19:43PM
Oh i'm not simply saying kongo's no good ect. This is 2007 the year of WTF and OMG. I do follow Mirko closely and know that after a loss he comes back stronger and muuuuch more focused. The loss to gonzaga was alot easier to see coming, Mirko is not good on the ground, he did not train in the cage at all, he didn't train with elbows, he was thinking about his title shot. Theres always a chance you can lose, I just don't think kongo will beat Mirko. I'm sure kongo's a fine striker, but I suppose Mirko's an ok striker...lol. I'm glad not everyone thinks Mirko will win, look at what's happend when everyone thinks he will. He always seems to do this, he'll get himself into a great position for the title and then blow it against a fighter he should beat, then he just restarts better then ever, maybe he'll be even better then he was during the owgp? That wasn't that long ago, now he loses once and tons of ppl jump off the bandwagon. I do agree though he could lose, I just don't think he will.
Ultimate_fighter
6/14/07 1:28:27AM

Posted by cmill21

Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic, 1st round KO!

AGREED BIG TIME!!
griffinisback
6/14/07 2:26:53PM
I think it's ridiculous to say Mirko's striking speed is faster than Kongo's. If you watch his last fight against Assuerio Silva his combinations were incredibly fast. And really apart from head kicks which Kongo will no doubt be training to dodge/block Cro Cop isn't a threat to Cheick who has knock out power in his hands, feet and knees. I predict Kongo pressing Cro Cop to the fence, clinching with him doing what he did to Christian Wellisch at 62. I know just about everyone on this site will disagree with me until they see the fight but I can wait that long I guess.
fedorwins1
6/14/07 2:47:06PM
I agree that Kongo has faster hands than CC, but CC is a K-1 level striker and has fought the best in the world, he has experience and everyone knows right leg hospital left leg cemetary. CC rd 2 KO/TKO
kmansoori6
6/14/07 3:21:54PM
I agree I think that Cro Cop is one of the best strikers in the MMA game. Kongo is a monster and he is skilled at muay thai, which means cro cop needs to watch out for the clinch and elbows. Although cro cop should know what to do, I think he doesn't incorporate knees and elbows nearly enough, he is in the UFC now and needs to learn GnP in order to survive. I am the biggest cro cop/ Pride fan, but no one can deny that the UFC heavyweight division is become more and more dangerous with each new addition. Cro Cop has his nemisis in the HW division, instead of looking to the belt he needs to worry about noguiera and avenging his embarassing KO via gargonzola (jk im not fighter bashing). If cro cop wants to beat Kongo he needs to bring something else to the table besides his ICBM left high kick. He should learn to use the cage and learn how to turn that left hook power into left elbow power. I really hope cro cop gets back into his OWGP mode and starts destroying the heavyweight division again. WAR CROCOP!!!
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:24:14PM
Watch him get KTFO'd again.
DJDark41
6/14/07 6:00:36PM

Posted by MisFiT

I think, I might cry if that happens. Not because I'll be upset, but because I'll be laughing so hard at all the people who were like "CROCOP BY LHK 1ST ROUND!!!one11!"
cmill21
6/15/07 1:10:11AM
woulden't count on it.
cowcatcher
6/15/07 1:16:58AM

Posted by MisFiT

if that happens ill seriously cry then diahrrea in my pants, god i hope he bounces back, he always has in the past.....no more mention of CC losing ok because my stool is loosening every time i read it
KYGUY07
6/15/07 2:12:22PM
Cro Cop hasnt been the same since coming to the ufc, and kongo is a good standup fighter, i think it will stay on the feet and kongo will k.o. cro cop.
pv3Hpv3p
6/15/07 2:36:39PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I agree that Kongo has faster hands than CC, but CC is a K-1 level striker and has fought the best in the world, he has experience and everyone knows right leg hospital left leg cemetary. CC rd 2 KO/TKO

Couldn't agree more... When you've fought in K-1, you've fought a who's who of strikers like there is no where else on earth... After fighting guys like: Bernardo, Le Banner, Hoost, Aerts, Bonjasky, Feitosa, & Hug... I don't think a good MMA striker is going to have much more to offer than these dudes... Compound that with the fact that the best striker that Kongo has ever faced is arguably Yvel (Gilby KO'd him in the second)... I don't see this fight making it to a decision... Or out of the second for that matter.

for Christ's sake, this guy has fought almost every great hvywt kickboxer I can think of... Didn't beat all of them, but meh... The only guys on that list that Mirko didn't beat are Hug and Hoost, and that's pretty lofty company
Pages: [1] 2 3