Cro Cop vs. Franklin (Dream Match)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cro Cop vs. Franklin (Dream Match)
Next Page »
POLL: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Rich Franklin
Cro Cop 88% (87)
Franklin 12% (12)
meier
1/18/07 11:22:18PM
give me your thoughts on this one
Moneymakers911
1/19/07 12:00:12AM
Well everybody knows that Mirko's striking skills are second to none and that his takedown defense is also one of the best and Rich has decent striking skills and he says that he has a brown belt in BJJ but in his fights he displayed no good ground skills.

So where does that leave us, with Mirko being a better striker by far and if Rich tried to take it to the ground Mirko's takedown defense would keep it standing which is exactly what Rich would not be doing for very long. (Standing)
Not to mention Rich was destroyed by Anderson Silva who is a great fighter but is also 30 to 40 pounds lighter than Mirko if not more, I like Rich but Mirko would just be too much for him knockout in the first round would be the likely outcome.
Nacho
1/19/07 2:00:07AM
+1. I like "Ace" as a fighter and he is one of the better fighters, but he is no match for Crocop. I am worried one of these guys coming over from pride (like Crocop) is literally going to kill somebody in the ring. I think it will hurt the sport when this inevitably will happen. Think Apollo Creed in Rocky IV.
meier
1/19/07 11:43:31PM
all in all do you guys/gals think it could go 2 or 3 rounds? that could be a possibilty
nate22
1/20/07 8:30:29AM
In Pride no, in UFC, maybe the fight could reach two rounds.
Dai
1/20/07 2:53:28PM
Franklin's fight with Anderson Silva didn't even make it to a second roun;, what on earth makes you think Franklin would do better against a heavier Pride champion?
bosco420
1/22/07 12:23:11PM
i agree franklin would be out first min or round 1 high kick to the head
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Savy
1/22/07 3:24:52PM

Posted by meier

give me your thoughts on this one

This is one of the biggest mismatches i've ever heard of. Mirko would tear him apart so quickly.
Rich is a smart guy, he would never step in the ring with Filipovic. Even in a dream; he'd wake up with a broken orbital socket.
hippysmacker
1/22/07 11:17:59PM
I love Ace, but this seems out of his league. Rarely ,if ever ,would it seem logical for a guy(even one of the top ones at his weght class) to move up 2 weight classes and fight one of the top guys in the higher weight class and prevail. I know Rich is a big middleweight who used to fight at 205 and Crocop is a small heavyweight who could probably make 205, but it seems farfetched to me to think Ace would win.
Sticksta13
1/24/07 5:13:39PM
huh????? CC would put Rich into retirement
Avenger
1/24/07 7:00:39PM
How is this a "dream match"??? This is more like a MISMATCH!!!!!
RedScorpion
1/25/07 9:50:05AM
Cro Cop by whatever he wants...
--Hinch--
1/25/07 9:53:32AM

Posted by meier

all in all do you guys/gals think it could go 2 or 3 rounds? that could be a possibilty

It could make it to the second if Cro Cop was enjoying the hunt...Otherwise it'd be murder-death-kill in the first.
coxhead
1/25/07 5:27:35PM
ace does have good stand up skills but mirko skills are years ahead of franklin. whats even scarier is cro cop seems to just keep on improving. i thought this was evident in his dismantling of wanderlei silva. cro cop with a knock out in the 1st or early in the 2nd round. much like gsp and matt hughes 2.
sllim
1/25/07 8:04:13PM
I love him, but Franklin wouldnt stand a chance. He's got no answer for CCs standup, and wouldnt possibly be able to take him down without paying for it.
Dobranski
1/27/07 12:32:07PM
I can guaruntee anyone and wager all my money that cro cop will anderson silva him again but worse and i can almost guaruntee there will be some good ass head kicks to end franklin
tffdwg38
1/27/07 12:53:06PM
franklin has a weak chin and cro cop would easily KO him in the first round
slammadowg
1/28/07 5:25:43AM
Cro Cop by brutal destruction.
xchickox
1/28/07 1:49:45PM
i think cro cop would just completely over-power franklin and if he got caught with one of them kicks its lights out
roman
1/29/07 1:59:05PM
I see this as a totally one sided fight going to Cro Cop....... definitley not something I dream of at night. Although it would be cool seeing Franklin get KO'd
thelastking
1/29/07 2:17:23PM
LHK RD1 Cro cop. Franklin wouldnt stand a chance
BloodandTears
1/29/07 5:34:20PM

Posted by xchickox

i think cro cop would just completely over-power franklin and if he got caught with one of them kicks its lights out

100%
CroCop would pound Ace Franklin. CC's kicks would destroy him. This is no dream fight for me. Mirko is a damn machine, this guy has fought 3 matches in one night then worked out afterwards. Franklin aint got nothing on CC
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/07 7:01:27PM
Rich is a smart guy, he would never step in the ring with Filipovic. Even in a dream; he'd wake up with a broken orbital socket.

Lol... Ouch, poor Bob Sapp, that really looked like it hurt
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/07 7:06:30PM
I agree with most people, that CC would just outclass Rich in ebery aspect of the game... Too fast, too technical, too strong, I personally don't think he would stand even a punchers chance... Nothing against Rich, I really hope (and think he will) come back to dominante forn in MW, but it's just a really bad match up for him.

But since CroCop fought Wandy (Chuck's Pride counterpart) in the OWGP, I think I would like to see a CC/Lidell some time in the near future.
Brutalknees
1/29/07 7:24:24PM
This isn't a dream match for anyone (unless they hate Franklin.)
rameydl8
5/21/07 7:51:12AM
2 great strikers
mkiv9secsupra
5/21/07 3:32:42PM

Posted by Nacho
I am worried one of these guys coming over from pride (like Crocop) is literally going to kill somebody in the ring.

HAHAHA.....after reading this after CC almost died is kinda funny.

I would say CC by unan. dec.
tepid55
5/21/07 6:41:48PM
Mirko would KO Franklin.
Stickan
5/21/07 6:46:01PM
I think CC would KO him with straight punches.
Mastodon2
5/21/07 6:58:19PM
Cro Cop would dismantle Rich with his punches, hit him with either a LHK or a left liver kick. LHK = instant KO, or the liver kick would cripple him and he'd get put out with a left straight.
Pages: [1] 2