Cro Cop's fighting ASAP.... In the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop's fighting ASAP.... In the UFC
« Previous Page
Ordep
5/18/09 6:24:18PM
I bet It'll be a Gonzaga rematch after Mustapha (assuming he win) to help clear his image for the not-well-informed fans.
ncordless
5/18/09 6:34:44PM

Posted by DCRage

Ducking Overeem yet again too...

I'd report you to the mods, but you are a mod.
Shawn91111
5/18/09 6:41:35PM

Posted by DCRage

Isnt Overeem fighting in Strikeforce on June 6th? So maybe Overeem is ducking him
ncordless
5/18/09 6:55:05PM
As far as the story goes, I will believe it when I see it. I have heard too many things that have not come true from CC's camp to rely on this.

I do not know how I feel if it is true, because I think with the proper training CC can still be a force at HW in the UFC IF AND ONLY IF he is studying the game and evolving. I don't have a ton of faith Cro Cop is up to that kind of thing. Not training in a cage before his first tenure in the UFC showed what I believe to be a lack of understanding of the depth of strategy in MMA. He should have realized what the cage means to clinchwork and escaping the ground if nothing else and trained accordingly. If CC is gonna fight in the UFC, I'd like to see him train in a place that understands modern MMA strategy and conditioning. That place would most likely be in the US or Brazil, although there are some european and japanese camps that are finally starting to understand the concept of things like weight-cutting, scientific diets, modern conditioning techs., studying video and making an opponent-specific gameplan.

I guess I just don't see all that happening and as a result I don't see Cro Cop doing that well in the UFC again.

Then again, all CC needs is one clean LHK and he can put anyone in the world to sleep.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/18/09 6:55:30PM
hip hip hooray
EvenFlow
5/18/09 7:34:57PM

Posted by DCRage

People say Fedor is ducking the UFC, but when Cro Cop goes back to the UFC your saying thats somehow ducking Overeem, I think theres a paradox in there somewhere.
SmileR
5/18/09 7:42:36PM
CroCop for the UFC HW champ by the end of 2010!!
ncordless
5/18/09 8:11:30PM
Well, it is up on mmaweekly now. I'd like to hear the UFC confirm it, but it seems like Cro Cop is back in the UFC.
babytater03
5/18/09 8:33:40PM

Posted by prozacnation1978
i do see a couture vs cro cop or big nog this year happening for a # contender

that's assuming he gets through Al-Turk
grappler0000
5/18/09 8:46:16PM

Posted by ncordless

Well, it is up on mmaweekly now. I'd like to hear the UFC confirm it, but it seems like Cro Cop is back in the UFC.

Dana White confirms it
cloud301336
5/18/09 8:49:12PM
OMG what if CC started training with Greg Jackson N' friends!!!!!
TNPanther78
5/18/09 9:01:10PM
This is awesome, I can't wait for his return. Head kick ko anyone?
prozacnation1978
5/18/09 10:34:06PM
looks like this is for real if dana confirmed it
duffee didn't even know i think todd might just forgo the a ufc fight and go for tuf 10 as a heavyweight, duffee is a monster
i hope the cro cop fight will be on the pay per view it should be
but i think the swick fight will be a prelim now
warglory
5/18/09 10:36:14PM

Posted by cloud301336

OMG what if CC started training with Greg Jackson N' friends!!!!!

Dude...I shudder to think man. That would be amazing. CroCop needs to get out of his comfort zone for sure.
roadking95th
5/18/09 10:57:06PM

Posted by ncordless

I do not know how I feel if it is true, because I think with the proper training CC can still be a force at HW in the UFC IF AND ONLY IF he is studying the game and evolving. I don't have a ton of faith Cro Cop is up to that kind of thing. Not training in a cage before his first tenure in the UFC showed what I believe to be a lack of understanding of the depth of strategy in MMA. He should have realized what the cage means to clinchwork and escaping the ground if nothing else and trained accordingly. If CC is gonna fight in the UFC, I'd like to see him train in a place that understands modern MMA strategy and conditioning. That place would most likely be in the US or Brazil, although there are some european and japanese camps that are finally starting to understand the concept of things like weight-cutting, scientific diets, modern conditioning techs., studying video and making an opponent-specific gameplan.

I guess I just don't see all that happening and as a result I don't see Cro Cop doing that well in the UFC again.

Then again, all CC needs is one clean LHK and he can put anyone in the world to sleep.

I'll be excited as hell if this happens, but if he doesn't train properly, then I'll be very sad for him.
cmill21
5/18/09 10:59:34PM
Go to mma-id.com and check out his training vids, his hands are incredibly fast and we know he packs a wallop.
MMAcca
5/18/09 11:43:30PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

Dana White confirms it

So it's official.

WOW! Cannot wait for this.

CC is gonna run through Al Turk and then maybe he could rematch Kongo.
cowcatcher
5/19/09 10:32:21AM

Posted by DCRage

im sure a lot of guys would be geared up to have their beans knocked into their torsos again

im ecstatic hearing this, i really hope hes ready to fight and can make a big run in the ufcs hw division to help erase some of the doubts in his head and in the heads of a lot of the fans out there.
cmill21
5/19/09 5:06:59PM
Bumping this since some have claimed to not see it
BaDaBinG80
5/21/09 6:40:26PM
I would love to hear what dcrage has to say, so Im bumping this thread.
cmill21
5/21/09 9:19:15PM

Posted by BaDaBinG80

He already said Cro Cop's ducking Overeem lol.
Jackelope
5/21/09 9:45:01PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BaDaBinG80

He already said Cro Cop's ducking Overeem lol.

Gotta love it. Guys are in another org and they're ducking UFC competition. Then, guys come to UFC and all of the sudden they're ducking outside competition. Haters.
Wolfenstein
5/21/09 9:58:42PM
I don't say this often but... war Cro Cop!

Pages: 1 [2]