Who should Cro Cop fight in Dream.1 on 3/15

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should Cro Cop fight in Dream.1 on 3/15
chickmagnet
2/18/08 9:42:36PM
A couple of HW's that are in contact with Dream are Roman, Stefo, Aerts.
All i really know is that Cro Cop is really motivated and pissed about his UFC losses and is going to be very prepared....WATCH OUT HEAVYWEIGHTS!

Who do you think he should be put up against?
cmill21
2/18/08 9:46:59PM
I beleive it will be someone like Yoshida, a huge star in Japan but not a top 10. Then I think we can look for the big matches in his second fight. I think fight #1 will be a decent fighter with a big name in Japan then his second will be against Kharitonov.
juanez13
2/18/08 9:50:06PM
a fight against Roman Zentsov would be great, i think among his fights that will take place in dream, one will be against mark hunt......they are both big draws in japan, and a rubber match would create hype, especially since both starting in k1.i have a big feeling this fight will happen. also fights with k1 guys, cro cop mentioned a fight with lebanner was possible, peter aertsis also amongst the roster.....there are great fights for him, most of which i rather watch than the one the ufc has right now, except for big timmy............not saying dream has a better HW division, its just more interesting fights for mirko, and in a better enviroment
cmill21
2/18/08 11:08:22PM
No comment.
Ordep
2/18/08 11:10:36PM
Kharitonov

please !
jiujitsufreak74
2/18/08 11:32:13PM

Posted by cmill21

I beleive it will be someone like Yoshida, a huge star in Japan but not a top 10. Then I think we can look for the big matches in his second fight. I think fight #1 will be a decent fighter with a big name in Japan then his second will be against Kharitonov.

i don't think it will be Yoshida since he is fighting Roger Gracie at World Victory Road. He should fight Kharitonov first imo and get his groove back so to say
cmill21
2/18/08 11:34:40PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by cmill21

i don't think it will be Yoshida since he is fighting Roger Gracie at World Victory Road. He should fight Kharitonov first imo and get his groove back so to say

No I just meant someone like Yoshida, very popular in Japan but not a guy like Kharitonov. I don't think that will be the first fight but I could be wrong, I have been before
jiujitsufreak74
2/18/08 11:41:46PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by cmill21

No I just meant someone like Yoshida, very popular in Japan but not a guy like Kharitonov. I don't think that will be the first fight but I could be wrong, I have been before

oops, misread you once again. i agree with what you are getting at but regardless of his opponent i am sure CC will get back to his winning ways. a fight with Aerts intrigues me a little though.
hippysmacker
2/19/08 12:02:34AM
Since they are affiliated with K-1, why not bring Manhoef in to fight him. He likes to strike, I saw him say he walks around at 210 in a interview before , it would be exciting, and I believe Mirko would win. First step back on the road to confidence. Zentsov is not a bad idea either.
snakeman88
2/19/08 12:39:03PM
I like the idea of a hunt rematch or kharitonov.. I think those are the most realistic possibilities
Cladrix
2/19/08 1:08:26PM
Kharitonov would be a great fight for Mirko or a rematch with Aleks Emelianko
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/08 1:11:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Since they are affiliated with K-1, why not bring Manhoef in to fight him. He likes to strike, I saw him say he walks around at 210 in a interview before , it would be exciting, and I believe Mirko would win. First step back on the road to confidence. Zentsov is not a bad idea either.

Melvin's a big draw and I don't see K-1 moving him up to HW to fight against one of their other big draws... It would be an exciting fight though (as most of Melvin's seem to be)
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 2:43:56PM
im suer it wont be anyone big for his first fight. and suupposedly theyre gonna be siging mark hunt fedor and such.. so who knows
jiujitsufreak74
2/19/08 5:08:39PM

Posted by MikeBillotto

im suer it wont be anyone big for his first fight. and suupposedly theyre gonna be siging mark hunt fedor and such.. so who knows

well fedor is with M-1 so that's not happening...maybe a co-promotion but DREAM won't sign him. hunt signed with a pro-wrestling organization and even though that organization has ties with DREAM i don't see hunt fighting CC. i woiuld really like to see CC and Aerts so CC can get his confidence back after beating another elite striker which i think he will.
cmill21
2/19/08 6:21:40PM
All I know is I woulden't want it to be me fighting him. He's kind of in a desprate situation, if he loses again...ahhh. He's also going to be wanting to prove a point with this one.
Kastro
2/19/08 6:30:44PM
Im glad in a way that Cro Cop has left the UFC because now we get to see him back in his comfort zone where he can fight in a setting where he is 100% comfortable and also a setting that he is used to and feels is his home.

On the other hand I am kind of upset about leaving the UFC because now Dana White and all the hardcore UFC fans may get the impression that Cro Cop was never good enough for the UFC when really he just didnt have enough time to adapt and never showed his true talent inside the octagon..

I hope one day Cro Cop can redeem himself in the UFC but in the meantime I have a feeling he is going to show everyone that he is still here and why he is the most dangerous striker the world has to offer!
loller90278
2/19/08 10:38:23PM
whoever its gonna be, its gonna be on short notice cuz the event is less than a month away
cowcatcher
2/20/08 9:59:21AM
zentsov makes good sense to me, he last fought on NYE and didnt look great so it would be more of a showcase for CC than anything and would allow him tro get back on track before a matchup with a guy like sergei. im guessing he wont be getting a top 10 guy because he knows he needs a win now, and him winning is in dreams best interest as an upstart company. getting an opponent right before the fight is nothing new to fighting in japan so im sure that although dreams wants to find someone soon, its not like here in the states where there are 3 months to train for a certain opponent, its always been a lot later notice than that,