who should cro cop fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who should cro cop fight?
Next Page »
ricoj3323
11/3/07 3:59:18PM
should cro cop fight a top level fighter? or a lower level one? and how do u think hes gonna be when he comes back?
cmill21
11/3/07 4:18:35PM
Arlovski. Give him someone with a name so he has to get his head into it or he'll get beat up.
tuvok500
11/3/07 4:32:39PM
I say brandon Vera !!

same size, both are coming from lost, should be something very interesting to see !!

JuggaloWarrior878
11/3/07 4:59:18PM
i say vera both of them comin off decision losses where they were supposed to win. if it does happen im pretty sure cro cop would romp vera
Stickan
11/3/07 5:22:41PM
Sean Gannon?

Nah.. Arlovski was a really good suggestion. That fight would be fireworks and would probably put both back on the map despite the outcome.
chickmagnet
11/3/07 5:40:05PM
I think Cro Cop should fight Frank Mir, Mir just beat a good kickboxer,
have him fight Cro cop.......even though in my opinion Cro Cop would destroy
Mir it would be a good returning fight for CC
keith-hackney1
11/3/07 5:42:39PM
crocop should fight wes simms, because simms is shit too.
themmadigest
11/3/07 5:47:08PM

Posted by cmill21

Arlovski. Give him someone with a name so he has to get his head into it or he'll get beat up.

Arlovski vs Cro Cop would be a really cool fight.

Sylvia versus Cro Cop could make for an interesting stand up battle down the line as well.
cmill21
11/3/07 5:49:20PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

crocop should fight wes simms, because simms is shit too.

Go to sherdog with your fighter bashing.....
nickcuc547
11/3/07 6:03:36PM
it should definately be aa or vera, those are the two best fights for him right now, but i have a funny feeling he gets heath herring or brad imes, hope im wrong.
Gladiator
11/3/07 6:13:08PM
Brock Lesnar. not the most strategic option for the ufc but i would like to see it.
loonytnt
11/3/07 6:38:55PM
CC should fight Big nog i think that be a good win for CC, but i think his next fight will be a up and comer because i dont think the UFC is going want to lose any more money on CC
CwB
11/3/07 7:36:26PM
With his past two losses i dont beleive he deserves to fight sylvia or nog,
AA maybe but aa is coming off two wins so it is kind of unfair for him.

the fight that makes the most sense would be brandon vera.

But i see the ufc giving him a throw away fight to make sure he wins so he can begin to build some credibility to the casual fans.
warglory
11/3/07 8:30:38PM
Brandon Vera sounds good to me.
Copenhagen
11/3/07 9:06:13PM
I really hope CC fights someone with a big name next.

I don't want him to send another "decent" fighter into top 10 status.
Khaos
11/3/07 9:34:05PM
He should retire,no one(ecspecially me)wants to see him in the UFC again.
cmill21
11/3/07 9:44:51PM

Posted by Khaos

He should retire,no one(ecspecially me)wants to see him in the UFC again.

Agreed, a legend 1 year removed from winning one of the biggest and hardest to obtain titles in mma should retire even though he's only 33 and still could be the most exciting fighter the UFC has ever seen, he's not worth watching.
DNor
11/3/07 10:35:38PM

Yea, definately agree with Cro Cop retiring.... Why would the UFC even give him another chance? Jeez, everyone always talk big about the guy.. I dont know why.. its not like he's defeated guys like... Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett... and there would be no way in hell he could beat them on the same exact day..
nubby
11/3/07 11:11:18PM
Eddie Sanchez. Rematch is the only chance CC has.
bls1919
11/4/07 1:27:41AM
i would love to see Brock Lesnar fight Cro Cop after he beats Imes, and get totally destroyed.. thats what Mirko would do to Brock. The UFC could put this fight together just on their names alone. but to see mirko kill Lesnar would be Great!!!!!!!
hippysmacker
11/4/07 4:44:07AM

Posted by DNor

Yea, definately agree with Cro Cop retiring.... Why would the UFC even give him another chance? Jeez, everyone always talk big about the guy.. I dont know why.. its not like he's defeated guys like... Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett... and there would be no way in hell he could beat them on the same exact day..

Perfectly said. Most great fighter's will go through a rough patch at some time in his career. He rebounded from losses to Randleman and Hunt , even after he was established, before. Let's not forget he was stalking and beating Kongo before the broken rib. Props to Kongo for doing it, but I still think Mirko will rise again. I would give him Vera also. He's a good enough fighter where he's not going backwards, and has never shown a good GnP. Give him a little more time working in the cage ,and I think Cro-cop beats Vera to start a new winning streak. With Randy gone, the only good GnP HVY in the UFC is Gonzaga. Nog is known more for what he does off his back, and I would take Cro-cops speed against Sylvia most of the time. Arlovski is the only HVY who might be faster, so I think that's a little too dangerous until Mirko gets a a win or 2 underneath his belt in the UFC. Don't get me wrong AA/Cro-cop is one of my dream matches, but I think it would benefit the UFC to give them both different opponents as of now.
ohiostate1016
11/4/07 10:16:18AM
Antoni Hardonk...a midlevel name, and a guy who will stand up and bang with Cro Cop. If MCC can't beat Hardonk, he can't beat anyone.
prozacnation1978
11/4/07 1:15:35PM
i think christian wellisch
or give him brandon vera
Kastro
11/4/07 5:57:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DNor

Perfectly said. Most great fighter's will go through a rough patch at some time in his career. He rebounded from losses to Randleman and Hunt , even after he was established, before. Let's not forget he was stalking and beating Kongo before the broken rib. Props to Kongo for doing it, but I still think Mirko will rise again. I would give him Vera also. He's a good enough fighter where he's not going backwards, and has never shown a good GnP. Give him a little more time working in the cage ,and I think Cro-cop beats Vera to start a new winning streak. With Randy gone, the only good GnP HVY in the UFC is Gonzaga. Nog is known more for what he does off his back, and I would take Cro-cops speed against Sylvia most of the time. Arlovski is the only HVY who might be faster, so I think that's a little too dangerous until Mirko gets a a win or 2 underneath his belt in the UFC. Don't get me wrong AA/Cro-cop is one of my dream matches, but I think it would benefit the UFC to give them both different opponents as of now.

Agree with mostly everything you said, however I do think Cro Cop has good GNP look at the 2nd Wanderlei Silva fight he GNP'd him pretty bad from the guard... the GNP on Sanchez wasn't too spectacular but he still used the GNP..

CC will be back folks I know it.. and CC did look like he was overwhelming Kongo until the broken rib..
jomatty
11/4/07 6:16:37PM
you lose two fights and all of a sudden you are nothing...i think it would be a big mistake for the ufc to give him vera, although i think it would be an interesting fight, but cc can still beat anyone at any time and vera needs to get a win. sylvia would be interesting right now, as would arlovski.
HulkRage
11/5/07 6:44:17AM
CC vs Vera would be a good match up right now.
Sheddy
11/5/07 7:22:47AM
Would like to see him fight AA, but their wins and losses lately are opposite.
Vera seems a decent choice.
jomatty
11/5/07 9:46:50AM
two losses in a row would be devestating for vera and no matter what everyone thinks cc can beat anyone at any time
DieSlow
11/7/07 5:55:56PM
Arlovski for sure.
Both need to step it up a notch and I am sure both would take the fight seriously. If both brought their "A" Game it would be one of the best fights of the year.
hippysmacker
11/7/07 7:29:20PM

Posted by Kastro

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DNor

Agree with mostly everything you said, however I do think Cro Cop has good GNP look at the 2nd Wanderlei Silva fight he GNP'd him pretty bad from the guard... the GNP on Sanchez wasn't too spectacular but he still used the GNP..

CC will be back folks I know it.. and CC did look like he was overwhelming Kongo until the broken rib..

I agree. I think I wasn't clear enough I think Gonzaga is the only guy Cro-cop would have to fight who has good GnP. I still think his weakest point is still when he's on his back in a cage.
Pages: [1] 2