Cro Cop's Next Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cro Cop's Next Fight
JoeMimic
2/5/07 11:49:25AM
MMAweekly has Cro Cop on the April UFC show in the UK; opponent is TBA but to get to see Cro Cop again in 2 months is exciting. I wonder who will be the sacrifice this time.
Stickan
2/5/07 12:04:35PM
Hopefully someone with a name at least. Maybe AA? That would be awesome.
JoeMimic
2/5/07 12:32:56PM

Posted by Stickan

I think Cro Cop takes that fight but I would love see them go at it.
jmoooooo
2/5/07 12:47:39PM
look on the first page..this thread exists already.
JoeMimic
2/5/07 2:05:05PM

Posted by jmoooooo

There's a whats next for Cro Cop thread but there wasn't any mention of when he's going to fight next. Which is apparently April 21st in the UK.
madmarck
2/5/07 2:38:13PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Posted by jmoooooo

There's a whats next for Cro Cop thread but there wasn't any mention of when he's going to fight next. Which is apparently April 21st in the UK.

Kinda is the same thread but o well. There are rumours going around that Cro Cop will face Cheick Kongo. Guess the UFC was him to KO a striker with more Cred.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/5/07 4:28:35PM

Kinda is the same thread but o well. There are rumours going around that Cro Cop will face Cheick Kongo. Guess the UFC was him to KO a striker with more Cred.

If this is true, do you guys think the UFC is sheltering their top fighters like AA and throwing CC cans? Kongo has promise but wouldnt the most rational matchup be CC vs AA and then the winner from that face Tim Silvia?

Playground_Samurai
2/5/07 4:39:46PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

If this is true, do you guys think the UFC is sheltering their top fighters like AA and throwing CC cans? Kongo has promise but wouldnt the most rational matchup be CC vs AA and then the winner from that face Tim Silvia?

IMO they'll give us CC vs AA after CC gets his title shot. We are all pretty sure CC can handle AA with no problem, but what happens if AA pulls off the upset and big Tim retains his title over Couture? AA's win over CC would definatly give him the #1 contender position and make for a AA vs Sylvia 4, and I don't know how many people want to see that. But yes, AA vs. CC is definatly one i'd like to see. I'm not sure who they're gonna give to CC for his next fight, because there isn't much competition out there in the UFC HW division. Vera would be best, but who knows what's going on with him and his contract disputes.
Stickan
2/5/07 4:56:40PM
I want to see another slaughter signed CC.

Him vs Christison would be fun just to see that LHK kick the head off a giant.
JoeMimic
2/5/07 7:06:04PM
Is Buentello still a FA? There's a guy who won't be afraid to stand and bang with Cro Cop and take a LHK.
ufcisbeast101
2/10/07 2:12:17PM
CONGO!!!!
even tho i want to see him fight AA
jay98107
2/10/07 3:54:37PM
Supposedly its gonna be Cheick Kongo.
shawneth
2/10/07 4:45:32PM

Posted by Stickan

Nah, UFC wants to protect both of them from a devastationg KO. I would be really surprised if that was his next fight. None the less, that would be a sweet fight. I would give it to Cro Cop though. I can only imagine how nervous a fighter must be seeing Cro Co walking them down.
jocksmall
2/10/07 7:31:12PM
i would love to see him against arlowski or vera
nate22
2/11/07 7:54:19AM
Buentello has asked to fight Cro Cop, whether he will or not who knows. Props to Paul for that though.
hippysmacker
2/11/07 8:22:12AM
I was thinking Congo before, but i know agree that Cro-cop Arlovski will probably be saved for title match. Since AA is on th e same card i'll go AA vs Kongo and O'brien vs Cro-cop. WOnt; be able to LnP agaist cr0-cop.
nate22
2/11/07 8:45:35AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was thinking Congo before, but i know agree that Cro-cop Arlovski will probably be saved for title match. Since AA is on th e same card i'll go AA vs Kongo and O'brien vs Cro-cop. WOnt; be able to LnP agaist cr0-cop.

O'brien is a good idea, but i'm still holding out for the possibility it will be AA vs CC on the Manchester card.

If it did go down AA-Congo, CC- O brien, then surely the winners of that fight would fight for number one contender to the belt in the next fight. One problem being with this however, who would fight for the belt in the meantime? This next fight could easily be AA-CC.
cowcatcher
2/11/07 12:50:22PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by hippysmacker

O'brien is a good idea, but i'm still holding out for the possibility it will be AA vs CC on the Manchester card.

If it did go down AA-Congo, CC- O brien, then surely the winners of that fight would fight for number one contender to the belt in the next fight. One problem being with this however, who would fight for the belt in the meantime? This next fight could easily be AA-CC.

ridiculous, there is no need for a #1 contender match, CC is in ufc to be the #1 contender and there is no way we see AA/sylvia 4 unless something catastrophic happens to the rest of the UFC HWs. blows my mind that you would think this.
hypocalking
2/11/07 1:38:31PM
Congo then Dana said he gets a shot at the belt...
loller90278
2/11/07 3:43:42PM
after crocops next win over (kongo, o'brian) he'll win the belt over sylvia and then fight Sylvia (rematch) / Arlovski / Couture
hippysmacker
2/12/07 5:11:14PM
I don't think Randy will get a 2nd HVY weight title shot if he loses. Keep an eye on ANthony Hardonk though.
hathcock32
2/12/07 5:40:14PM
Arlovski vs Cro Cop is the fight i feel i been waiting all my life for....i dream for this one but not yet...get AA another KO..and he will be ready
JunCTion
2/12/07 11:20:11PM

Posted by hathcock32

Arlovski vs Cro Cop is the fight i feel i been waiting all my life for....i dream for this one but not yet...get AA another KO..and he will be ready

maybe this fight will be our christmas present from dana