Cro Cop vs Dos Santos UFC 103, winner faces....

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop vs Dos Santos UFC 103, winner faces....
« Previous Page
BarryScott
7/15/09 3:21:43PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

Cro Cop will get mauled by Dos Santos IMO, Cigao will be too agressiva and too fast for Mirko to deal with.

Go back and watch the Werdum fight, tell me honestly if you think Cro Cop wouldn't capitalize on that kind of a shot.

Did you watch the Dos Santos vs; Struve fight?

If the same Dos Santos shows up then Cro Cop won't stand a chance.

how can you compare Struve to CC? ill bet ur ava that CC mauls Dos santos, matter of fact im so confident ab this fight

if CC looses ill wear an ava of your choice for 4 months

Alright then deal, 4 month ava bet

I wonder if people realise Dos Santos is the Brazilian heavyweight kickboxing champion with a record of 18-0.

i wonder if people know that CC beat JLB, Remy bonjaksy,mark hunt , Peter Aerts .

imo CC KB> Dos Santos KB

And how long ago was it that Cro Cop beat the likes of JLB, Aerts?

Cro Cop lost to Kongo in a stand-up fight, theres no way on earh you can claim he's anywhere near as good as he used to be.
Wolfenstein
7/15/09 3:45:28PM
If Cro Cop isn't back to 100%, or at least to the point where he can utilize his kicks, I could see Dos Santos outboxing Mirko. Dos Santos has ridiculously good hands, but he'll struggle if Mirko is back to mixing up his kicks and punches.

UFC 103 is a pretty stacked card, but not a ton of fights that jump out at you outside of Swick vs Kampman--so I'm pumped that this one is set.
CwB
7/15/09 6:11:33PM
CC hasnt had a quality win since barnett almost 3 years ago, and hasnt looked like he used too since then.

as someone who has spent the last few years watching his favorite fighter decline from champ to stepping stone with a glass jaw, I now have little faith in many of these aging legends of the sport.

CC won his last fight but it didnt really impress me

Dos Santos has come out of nowhere with fast and heavy hands

Im picking dos santos espicially if he is the underdog...

i hope they have another mini tourny so the losers of nog/couture and crocop/dossantos fight each other as well as the winners
mrsmiley
7/15/09 6:24:04PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

If Cro Cop isn't back to 100%, or at least to the point where he can utilize his kicks, I could see Dos Santos outboxing Mirko. Dos Santos has ridiculously good hands, but he'll struggle if Mirko is back to mixing up his kicks and punches.

UFC 103 is a pretty stacked card, but not a ton of fights that jump out at you outside of Swick vs Kampman--so I'm pumped that this one is set.

I agree.
Mirko will have to mix it up to get the victory here.

cmill21
7/15/09 6:39:17PM

Posted by CwB

CC hasnt had a quality win since barnett almost 3 years ago, and hasnt looked like he used too since then.

as someone who has spent the last few years watching his favorite fighter decline from champ to stepping stone with a glass jaw, I now have little faith in many of these aging legends of the sport.

i hope they have another mini tourny so the losers of nog/couture and crocop/dossantos fight each other as well as the winners

My bad haha

EDIT: Oh and untl the rib break Cro Cop was working the much bigger Kongo.
Afflicted
7/15/09 7:14:48PM
i am pretty sure he was talking about the iceman, not cro cop. You should probably understand what someone is posting before you just go and call them out.
CwB
7/15/09 7:28:27PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by CwB

Glass jaw....? WTF i with that opinion, I don't even think you can call it an opinon it's so freaking crazy lol.

EDIT: Oh and untl the rib break Cro Cop was working the much bigger Kongo.

the glass jaw comment was referring to my favorite fighter chuck liddell and i meant that i have watched the decline of liddell and mirko has looked like he has passed his prime just as liddell has
cmill21
7/15/09 8:12:33PM
We will see at 103...
Jackelope
7/15/09 8:19:28PM
I'm not convinced that Mirko is irrelevant yet. This fight will be a good test of that question, but let's not forget that outside of the Gonzaga fight it's not like he's been getting KTFO'd like Chuck has.

Now if Dos Santos chooses to try and clinch with Mirko, then he may beat on him pretty good. I don't know why Mirko has shown so much weakness in the clinch, but I'd suspect it has something to deal with how K-1 handles the clinch and him having trained for that style of a standup fight for a long time.

Mirko may very well be over the hill, but to brush aside his striking credentials as less than those of a brazilian heavyweight kickboxing champ is asinine. Since the beginning of this thread (it doesn't seem to be getting through) I've been maintaining that Dos Santos is a legitimate threat, but I've also maintained that equating Struve or Werdum to Mirko is just completely laughable.

This may very well be the end of an era for Mirko and many MMA fans, but let's at least give the guy his dues.
prozacnation1978
7/15/09 11:42:13PM
i doubt santos would fight big nog, win or lose he will face winner of couture/ big nog
if santos wins i see him facing kongo, herring or gonzaga next
Pages: 1 [2]