Cro Cop vs Dos Santos UFC 103, winner faces....

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop vs Dos Santos UFC 103, winner faces....
Next Page »
cmill21
7/15/09 12:14:22AM
Linky linky

It says "On Cro Cop's way to the top stand Dos Santos and Minotauro". It says Mirko will get a shot at the winner of Couture vs Nogueira, if he beats Dos Santos. The winner of that fight will fight with Brock Lesnar, for the title (in case Brock still holds the title since Dana announced that theres a possibility Fedor will join the UFC). Also its not impossible that Mirko and Fedor touch gloves once again.

Thats the translation.
Jackelope
7/15/09 12:15:05AM
LOL well then nevermind the question I asked in the other thread

Crocop vs. Couture would be amazing IMO.
breakdown5
7/15/09 12:23:26AM
An interesting scenario. Its not a gimme fight for CC against Dos Santos (which I think will be awesome). If he does get past Dos Santos, I think I'd prefer CC vs. Couture just because they never fought, but then again CC vs. Big Nog would be a sweet rematch six years in the making...

BarryScott
7/15/09 12:32:11AM
Cro Cop will get mauled by Dos Santos IMO, Cigao will be too agressiva and too fast for Mirko to deal with.
cmill21
7/15/09 12:45:01AM

Posted by BarryScott

Cro Cop will get mauled by Dos Santos IMO, Cigao will be too agressiva and too fast for Mirko to deal with.

Go back and watch the Werdum fight, tell me honestly if you think Cro Cop wouldn't capitalize on that kind of a shot.
Irish_Pride
7/15/09 12:57:47AM
I really hope Cro Cop can get past Dos Santos. I would love to see him fight Couture. That would be awesome but I dont mind him fighting Nogueira either. Dos Santos won't be an easy win for him but I think he can do it.
BarryScott
7/15/09 1:26:29AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

Go back and watch the Werdum fight, tell me honestly if you think Cro Cop wouldn't capitalize on that kind of a shot.

Did you watch the Dos Santos vs; Struve fight?

If the same Dos Santos shows up then Cro Cop won't stand a chance.
Jackelope
7/15/09 1:30:37AM
LMAO @ all these people talking about a K-1 champion not standing a chance because Dos Santos KO'd Werdum and Struve I haven't read stuff this funny in a while.

I'm not saying Dos Santos can't win, and the dude certainly is a beast, but I think some people are vastly underrating Crocop's striking game
Twenty20Dollars
7/15/09 1:41:36AM
I thought the winner of Cro Cop vs Dos Santos was going to get the next shot. But I guess this makes more sense. Because the winner of Nogueria/Couture would only have 1 win after losing their title and then they get a title shot, not really fair.

But in the mean time brock will prolly defend his title against the winner of carwin/cain. While the 4 people above battle it out.
DevonFoxy
7/15/09 1:42:06AM

Posted by Jackelope

LMAO @ all these people talking about a K-1 champion not standing a chance because Dos Santos KO'd Werdum and Struve I haven't read stuff this funny in a while.

I'm not saying Dos Santos can't win, and the dude certainly is a beast, but I think some people are vastly underrating Crocop's striking game

It is quite hilarious but not surprising. Its very disappointing but its a what have you done for me lately thing. Hopefully in Cro Cop's next showing he will show just like Henderson has done in his last 3 fights like you were saying in another thread. I have faith in Cro Cop and think this fight should be exciting and interesting to watch.
Jackelope
7/15/09 1:44:23AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by Jackelope

It is quite hilarious but not surprising. Its very disappointing but its a what have you done for me lately thing. Hopefully in Cro Cop's next showing he will show just like Henderson has done in his last 3 fights like you were saying in another thread. I have faith in Cro Cop and think this fight should be exciting and interesting to watch.

That's exactly what it is. You're only as good as your last couple of fights. I would love to see Crocop return to his old form and start kicking the block off these dudes shoulders just to show the fans what he's capable of
george112
7/15/09 2:10:19AM
to be honest i dont think couture is goin to get past big nog.

so im looking forward to a mirko v. big nog rematch
BarryScott
7/15/09 2:22:57AM

Posted by Jackelope

I can't wait until you look like an idiot because Cro Cop gets KO'd.
TimW001
7/15/09 2:53:17AM

Posted by Jackelope

Gonzaga.

Kongo.

Enough said?
george112
7/15/09 3:04:01AM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by Jackelope

Gonzaga.

Kongo.

Enough said?

whoa whoa whoa.lets not get feisty

now im not saying gonzaga got a lucky kick or anything but come on where is gonzaga now?? everyone has their nights an that was gonzagas.an as far as kongo goes.hes a world class striker just like mirko.dont count him out.hes good.they had their nights.just like mirko has had MANY of his.just because he lost to those two does not mean mirko cannot beat dos santos.

now with that being said.i seriously laughed at your post. ina good way though.haha you have a good point
The_Ho_Bag
7/15/09 3:56:26AM

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

how can you compare Struve to CC? ill bet ur ava that CC mauls Dos santos, matter of fact im so confident ab this fight

if CC looses ill wear an ava of your choice for 4 months

saem-skin
7/15/09 4:11:22AM

Posted by Jackelope

That's exactly what it is. You're only as good as your last couple of fights. I would love to see Crocop return to his old form and start kicking the block off these dudes shoulders just to show the fans what he's capable of

You may be disappointed from here one then. There was an interview just a few weeks before the Al Turk fight where CC was sitting down against a cage. Quite a long interview and the whole thing revealed alot about the man. One of those things being that he doesn't plan to use his kicks nearly as much as he had in the past. Something about he didn't want that to be his only weapon.

Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi9XBPIeFm4
gnl68
7/15/09 6:03:44AM
Cro Cop by KO over Dos Santos.!!!Not sure why with even 2 wins Cro Cop would get a title shot.I mean loose a few win a couple and ya get a title shot.It was the only way he would sign up with the ufc.He is a smart business dude.I would love to see him fight big nog.I think randy would dominate him,but against big nog,i think that would be a good fight!!
mshalosky
7/15/09 9:20:22AM

Cro Cop by KO over Dos Santos.!!!Not sure why with even 2 wins Cro Cop would get a title shot.I mean loose a few win a couple and ya get a title shot.It was the only way he would sign up with the ufc.He is a smart business dude.I would love to see him fight big nog.I think randy would dominate him,but against big nog,i think that would be a good fight!!

u dont think he would deserve a title shot. If he beats dos santos and couture/nog winner he would definetely deserve it. that would mean that he won his last 5 fights not including the overeem no contest. Plus he would have beaten one of the ufcs top heavyweight prospects and a top contender in the couture/nog winner. And if brock lesnar can get a title shot after beating heath herring than cro cop definetely deserves one after these 2 fights. thats if he wins.
Jackelope
7/15/09 9:34:50AM
Nowhere did I say that Dos Santos doesn't stand a chance. So as far as looking like an idiot- I doubt it. This is MMA.. with baby gloves on big hands like Dos Santos' anything is possible. I would never underestimate him.

All I'm saying is that to think of a K-1 champion's striking like some of you are is just ludicrous. Yes, he lost in the Kongo, Overeem, and Gonzaga fights. Let's recount, though- Kongo kneed him in the sack several times, and admitted later in interviews that he did it on purpose. Gonzaga definitely KTFO'd him, there's no getting around that. That shot would have put down anybody in the world, though. So it's not like he was grazed by a LW or anything. Overeem not only kneed Cro Cop's nuts up into his abdomen, but he went on to KTFO Badr Hari... so I don't think his striking is in question.

If Mirko wins against Dos Santos, tell me- how does that make you look?

P.S. It is against the forum code of conduct to call people idiots, so when you're addressing a mod you might want to refrain from using terms like that. Besides- it really detracts from your point when you stop being able to articulate your reasons so instead you shoot out a low blow that would make Cheick Kongo proud.
pinoymixplaya
7/15/09 10:00:59AM
And if Dos Santos wins? Who does he face? It would be understandable if Couture wins against Big Nog but what if he loses? Obviously Dos Santos and Nog cant fight...
tomp6581
7/15/09 10:13:08AM
Good solid opponent for Mirko.

We will find out where he currently stands in the HW division against Dos Santos compared to another "Al-turk" type opponent.

I say it is tougher fight for Mirko than people want to admit.
BarryScott
7/15/09 11:46:45AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

how can you compare Struve to CC? ill bet ur ava that CC mauls Dos santos, matter of fact im so confident ab this fight

Alright then deal, 4 month ava bet

I wonder if people realise Dos Santos is the Brazilian heavyweight kickboxing champion with a record of 18-0.
SamPan
7/15/09 12:46:11PM
Cro Cop hasnt beaten anyone good since 07. Al Turk, Hong Man Choi? Gonzaga and Kongo, who both got destroyed in their last fights, man-handled Cro Cop. Dos Santos will beat Cro Cop in his own game and get the KO. And theres a good chance he'll KO Couture too
tomp6581
7/15/09 1:08:08PM

Posted by SamPan

Cro Cop hasnt beaten anyone good since 07. Al Turk, Hong Man Choi? Gonzaga and Kongo, who both got destroyed in their last fights, man-handled Cro Cop. Dos Santos will beat Cro Cop in his own game and get the KO. And theres a good chance he'll KO Couture too

Dos Santos in a unkonwn quantity at the moment, I would say Mirko is a better fighter than Werdum and Struve so it not as clear cut as that.

Also both fighters are small heavyweights so the advantage Kongo and Gonzaga, Overeem had will not apply to Dos Santos.

I personally feel this is a hard fight to call because Im yet to be convinced that a) Mirko isn't "over the hill" and b) Dos Santos is a genuine contender.

Good match up.
slapshot
7/15/09 1:28:27PM
Brock Lesnar Will Face Shane Carwin Or Cain Velasquez first so says Dana and from the video it looks to be as set in stone and a fight gets in the UFC.

I really dont think Crocop is well rounded enough to make a run at this point.
The_Ho_Bag
7/15/09 1:55:28PM

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

I wonder if people realise Dos Santos is the Brazilian heavyweight kickboxing champion with a record of 18-0.

i wonder if people know that CC beat JLB, Remy bonjaksy,mark hunt , Peter Aerts .

imo CC KB> Dos Santos KB
cmill21
7/15/09 1:58:47PM

Posted by BarryScott

You do realize that being a brazilian champ isn't quite on the level as k-1 right? In fact the best brazilians in k-1 are feitosa and tiexiera, cro cop destroyed glaube.
ncordless
7/15/09 2:01:05PM

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BarryScott

Being the best kickboxer in Brazil is like being the best boxer in Japan. Sure, its an honor, but it doesn't mean your comparable to the best in the world.
vinny_cro_cop_q
7/15/09 2:53:35PM
am i the only one who thinks if cro cop fights couture (given he beats santos and couture beats nog) that fight would be one of the most epic fights ever. im a huge cro cop fan, but that would keep me on the edge of my seat the entire fight
Pages: [1] 2