Cro Cop comments on UFC deal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cro Cop comments on UFC deal
cmill21
7/18/09 8:13:07PM
"I'm pleased with my return to UFC, the only global mma organization. Unfortunately, every other organization is far beyond UFC. DREAM cannot compete with Americans in sports or financial terms. The UFC has succeded to become in this sport what PRIDE used to be, maybe even more than that. I will always be grateful to the Japanese fans, that is the country where I became famous as a fighter. But the offer I got from Dream was not a challenge for me. "

"I'm sorry that UFC and DREAM argued over me. There was a lot of noise over nothing, I was even called a liar, and I read supposed statement by Dana White that I called him 600 times. Exact number of my calls was - zero. I texted him once and that's all. I wouldn't call anyone 600 times, even if my life depends on that. I don't want to be presented in such a degrading way."

Link
joshryanshepherd
7/18/09 8:55:09PM
its very obviously Mirko is a very humble and respectful man. even if he despised Dana i dont think he would have done what he was accused of.

Him and Junior will be a great fight, but its gonna end by a long awaited head kick KO from the croation!
loller90278
7/18/09 9:11:15PM
i think crocop said he's not going to use his legs anymore, just box
buell613
7/18/09 9:16:02PM
um no......Cro Cop will get his face knocked off ala Fabricio Werdum style. JDS is an animal and simply needs more fights to prove how good he is. Cro Cop was a great fighter, but he is not an elite fighter any longer. He should have stayed with Dream so that he could keep racking up wins. The only way he will pick up any more wins in the ufc is if he pokes someone else's eye or kicks them in the nuts.
loffspring
7/18/09 9:48:39PM

Posted by buell613

um no......Cro Cop will get his face knocked off ala Fabricio Werdum style. JDS is an animal and simply needs more fights to prove how good he is. Cro Cop was a great fighter, but he is not an elite fighter any longer. He should have stayed with Dream so that he could keep racking up wins. The only way he will pick up any more wins in the ufc is if he pokes someone else's eye or kicks them in the nuts.

why all the crocop hate? did he high kick your dog or something?

I think crocop wanted to box last time because he was coming off knee surgery but hopefully he'll start kicking again soon.
mentalcase
7/18/09 10:03:07PM

Posted by buell613

Dear keyboard worrier, don't talk **** about cro cop
kopower
7/18/09 10:09:04PM
First off, I have to apologize to Cro Cop. I was one of those guys that went off on him like Dana before getting all of the facts. I'm glad he's here for at least 3 fights. I'm guessing all three are not gonna be easy. Junior ain't no joke and the fight should end in somebody getting ko'd.

Btw, Cro Cop may be on the downswing of his career, but he's still got some juice in the tank to make a run.
Jackelope
7/18/09 10:14:22PM
Crocop definitely said he plans on using his hands more (which is good, because that's what made him a great striker in the first place.. unlike some people think) BUT- he will use his legs more as his knee feels better. I'm sure of that. Even if he doesn't kick high any more, he has shown time and again that his low and mid kicks are MORE than capable of ending any fight at any moment.

That being said, Dos Santos has some heavy hands and he knows how to use them. I'm excited for this fight!
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/18/09 11:31:00PM
good fight for sure, like watching crocop fight cause of the possible crazy Ko that might take place with that being said going for Junior Dos Santos
buell613
7/18/09 11:39:20PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by buell613

Dear keyboard worrier, don't talk **** about cro cop

or what he may poke me in the eye??? I'm sure he's got more important things to do then worry about my "OPINIONS". Anyway, we all will see how he fairs in his next 3 fights....and I think it will be similar to Chuck Liddel's last few fights. Again, both were GREAT, but time to move on for the next wave of talent.
prozacnation1978
7/19/09 1:25:05AM
i think if dos santos knocks him out he will be on first plane back to japan
Aaronno9
7/19/09 1:49:50AM

Posted by buell613

LOL. Yeah, becouse we all know Cro Cops level of striking is the same as Werdums. I cant actually believe I just read that. Somebody needs to get back to MMA 101 ASAP.
Mayhem13
7/19/09 2:03:03AM
^

how do you remember what your log in name is?
Shawn91111
7/19/09 5:29:19AM

Posted by JCQFYEPMXARDSLD

Posted by Mayhem13

^

I'm not expecting to be around for too long so thought i'd chose a ridiculous one

At least you were honest...so longgggg
scobac
7/19/09 9:34:09AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Mayhem13

^

I'm not expecting to be around for too long so thought i'd chose a ridiculous one

At least you were honest...so longgggg

hahahahaha

I think anyone who reads this should give JCQFYEFMXARDSLD some props
buell613
7/19/09 1:17:59PM

Posted by Mayhem13

^

I wonder why he was banned??
bootyclause
7/20/09 10:04:32PM
im a little tired of Cro Cop whining and having all these angry comments in the press about UFC and pulling all this nonsense. Really lost respect for him. He should focus on not getting his arse beat and showing up for a change instead of arguing in the press with the UFC.
cmill21
7/21/09 1:01:40AM
What do you want him to do, say no comment?