When will we see Cro Cop back in the UFC?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When will we see Cro Cop back in the UFC?!?!
« Previous Page
Rush
8/17/08 10:11:09PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yeah, I guess you need clarification on that. Crocop knew he wasn't going to be good enough to swim with the big fish in K-1 so that's why he stayed with MMA. Sorry for the poorly worded statement.

Wow, you know what cro cop was thinking. Are you a clairvoyant or something? lol What a joke.
JohnnyNapalm
8/17/08 11:28:30PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yeah, I guess you need clarification on that. Crocop knew he wasn't going to be good enough to swim with the big fish in K-1 so that's why he stayed with MMA. Sorry for the poorly worded statement.

Wow, you know what cro cop was thinking. Are you a clairvoyant or something? lol What a joke.

One of the surest signs you're upset at someone for embarrassing you is to follow them around the forum and attempt to bash them, eh Rush ol' boy

Let the other dude post a list of Crocop's great K-1 accomplishments which shows that he was a force in that sport. Or maybe you could do that for him? Thanks.
mkiv9secsupra
8/18/08 12:08:51AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm
Let the other dude post a list of Crocop's great K-1 accomplishments which shows that he was a force in that sport. Or maybe you could do that for him? Thanks.

Wins over Hunt, Bonjasky, Aerts, Bernardo, Le Banner......its obvious he wasnt #1 but beating these guys proves that he was a force.
JohnnyNapalm
8/18/08 12:40:50AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Wins over Hunt, Bonjasky, Aerts, Bernardo, Le Banner......its obvious he wasnt #1 but beating these guys proves that he was a force.

He had a few impressive wins in K-1 but just as many impressive losses, that hardly makes him a "force". I'd say he showed some potential early on but was inconsistent toward the end, much like his MMA career now.
Dooletchetoreh
8/18/08 12:40:56AM
Even if Cro Cop comes back he really needs to step up his game. That whole thing about not even training in a octagon when he first started was shocking to me. I simply dont understand the psychology in that. Forget Big Nog,Cotoure, or someone like that. Even against a Cain Velasquez I think he would have serious problems.
Dooletchetoreh
8/18/08 12:46:53AM
And even in the striking department. Ill put it to you like this. If his LHK hits, lights out. I will give Cro Cop that. But I never really was impressed with his speed. I certainly will not root against him, but looking at it realistically im a firm believer that in the octagon it brings out the real best fighters. You have to be totally well rounded at this point. I think even the most die hard Cro Cop fans would have to hope he works on his ground game. Mirko seems more suited to fighting in Japan than in the ufc. There are great matchups for him there Overeem,Kharitonov. But you look at this new wave of wrestler heavyweights who can strike, its not just Mirko who will have a problem with them. Frankly anyone will have issues with these new mamoth guys. I mean did you see the sheer speed of Lesnar. We all saw that first punch he got on Heath, well OMG did you see that dive he did into him right after. Frankly, the green Lesnar did better in his 3rd fight against Herring than Big Nog ever did in 3 matches. But I will not count Cro Cop out. I have too much respect for him as a man to do that. Heard true.
Rush
8/18/08 11:16:29AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by Rush

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

One of the surest signs you're upset at someone for embarrassing you is to follow them around the forum and attempt to bash them, eh Rush ol' boy

Only when you don't make it so easy, by posting an asinine comment in a thread adjacent to another, from which you contradict the basis of your argument. Take it from me, you (as in YOU) don't get put on the unofficial list of future banned members for nothing. lol

As for the topic at hand:
Mike did the list for me, but I wanted to add that his losses were to some decent fighters as well, almost half of them (3) to Hoost, of whom is a great fighter and 1 to Hug, another great fighter.

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

He had a few impressive wins in K-1 but just as many impressive losses, that hardly makes him a "force". I'd say he showed some potential early on but was inconsistent toward the end, much like his MMA career now.

How was he inconsistent at the end? He finished his last two years in K1 with 4 wins. and 6-1 in his last 7 fights. His losses were randomly scattered throughout his career, which is not what I would consider inconsistent. Inconsistent, IMO, would be a large string of wins followed by a long string of losses.
Rush
8/18/08 11:21:23AM
As for whether we will see CroCop in the UFC again

If Dana is strict about CroCop needing 3 or 4 wins in a row to come back, then I say the chances are low. Why? Mirko has stated himself that he wants to fight some top guys, one being Fedor. As much as I like Cro Cop, I don't think he will do well against Fedor in the rematch. I would love to be wrong about this though.

If Dana goes by CroCop putting on exciting fights against decent fighters, then I am sure he will be back for a few fights. The UFC HW division is pretty thin at the moment, but I think there are a few good fights there for him.
JohnnyNapalm
8/18/08 2:28:37PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by Rush

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Only when you don't make it so easy, by posting an asinine comment in a thread adjacent to another, from which you contradict the basis of your argument. Take it from me, you (as in YOU) don't get put on the unofficial list of future banned members for nothing. lol

As for the topic at hand:
Mike did the list for me, but I wanted to add that his losses were to some decent fighters as well, almost half of them (3) to Hoost, of whom is a great fighter and 1 to Hug, another great fighter.

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

How was he inconsistent at the end? He finished his last two years in K1 with 4 wins. and 6-1 in his last 7 fights. His losses were randomly scattered throughout his career, which is not what I would consider inconsistent. Inconsistent, IMO, would be a large string of wins followed by a long string of losses.

Or you could say he got on a roll then lost, started another roll and then lost again - consistent with being inconsistent.

So at the end of the day what can you say about Crocop's K-1 career? I know a lot of his nuthugger fans will make assumptions about what he could have done. But much like the way his MMA career is heading it looks like he will be remembered as a fighter with a ton of talent that never made the most of it when it came to accomplishments (referring to K-1 career). Always coming up a little short.
mrsmiley
8/18/08 3:04:07PM
I think with CC it's not as much the cage giving him the problems.I think it's just that in CC's mind he has little to nothing left to prove after winning the OWGP in PRIDE.Other than fighting Fedor again,I think he's lost the drive.
Dooletchetoreh
8/18/08 4:22:26PM
If Cro Cop wants to be considered among the greats of this generation he has miles and miles to prove. He did not beat Fedor he lost to him, his greatest accomplishments where beating Wandy who is a small LHW, even at MW Wandy is not big. And the beatdowns of Josh Barnett. Mirko in my mind has a ways to go if he wants to be put in the same breath of some of the legends of this era.
Pages: 1 [2]