When will we see Cro Cop back in the UFC?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When will we see Cro Cop back in the UFC?!?!
Next Page »
Kastro
8/13/08 2:43:38PM
Cro Cop stated that he would return to the UFC sometime in the winter of 08.. as I believe his contract with the UFC is ongoing for 2 years for his 6 fight deal in which he has 3 fights left..

We all know he left on a bad note, and it didn't look good on Cro Cop's part but any real fan of Mirko Cro Cop knows he has it in him STILL be HW champion in the UFC no matter what the haters and skeptics say.. we all know how close he came to beating Noguiera who is now the champion of the UFC's hw division.. and we all know he has it in him to beat Gonzaga in a rematch and give Kongo what he deserves...

I cant wait to see him back in the octagon to prove everybody wrong and show the average american MMA fan what Mirko Cro Cop is really all about... question is when and will Mirko return to the UFC?? I really hope so because I dont want to see him fight another Japanese can in DREAM.. there has been talks about fighting Overeem which would make for a good match-up but I ultimately want to see him get redemption inside the octagon!!!!
gsquat
8/13/08 2:49:07PM
Likely in two fights time he'll be back. If what he said was true about his return, timewise he'd only be able to have one fight before returning to the UFC. I'm not sure if they'll throw him right back in with top competition or try to work him up again and get him used to the octagon.
jocka
8/13/08 2:52:47PM
I ve always been a fan of crocop but i don t know if he will come back even if he did am not sure if he would be peforming as he did in pride. I think the biggest problem is the cage he is not able to trap someone in a corner like in a boxing ring which he normally uses to setup that devastating high kick of his!! maybee he should sign with Affliction
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/08 2:53:18PM
i cant even remember if he has fought since he UFC loss but i dont think he'll be back till 09
gsquat
8/13/08 2:56:38PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i cant even remember if he has fought since he UFC loss but i dont think he'll be back till 09

He fought a can in DREAM
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/08 3:38:12PM
oh yeah forgot about that
seanfu
8/13/08 3:46:44PM
He has a poor style for the cage. He's aging. He's lost a little fire. These things are his end. There is not a lot of competition at HW but regardless I don't think he will ever be UFC champ. He could take Dreams title probably but that's in a ring with a slower pace and probably against a nobody.

Herring vs Cro Cop, make that fight. Make it happen and we'll see where he's at.
mkiv9secsupra
8/13/08 4:20:31PM

Posted by Kastro
I believe his contract with the UFC is ongoing for 2 years for his 6 fight deal in which he has 3 fights left..

I think the contract said that if he loses twice, the UFC can terminate the current contract and renegotiate a new contract for less money and Mirko can either accept or decline. So there is currently no contract what so ever with the UFC, which probably means he is not coming back of his own free will.
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/08 4:30:50PM

Posted by seanfu

He has a poor style for the cage. He's aging. He's lost a little fire. These things are his end. There is not a lot of competition at HW but regardless I don't think he will ever be UFC champ. He could take Dreams title probably but that's in a ring with a slower pace and probably against a nobody.

Herring vs Cro Cop, make that fight. Make it happen and we'll see where he's at.

I dont think Cro Cop can take the DREAM title with Overeem there too.
holt8081
8/13/08 4:34:19PM
even if he return's I dont see him beating any top contender, his better days are deffinatly behind him.
hathcock32
8/13/08 4:54:02PM
I believe Cro Cop best days are behind him. However with those kicks he's always one kick away from the fight being over. That being said he would struggle to get Wins inside the octagon. I can see him winning a few fights possibly but not agianst the UFC elite. I believe 2 of the the UFC's newcomers Lesnar and Velasquez would be taylor made for a Cro Cop fight, they would take him down and control him on the ground. I would love to see Cro Cop back in the octagon, but he will never be a champion, he doesen't have the tools to dominate inside the octagon.
Franklinfan47
8/13/08 6:45:46PM
He needs atleast two more big wins imo.
TimW001
8/13/08 6:52:46PM
When are we going to see him fight again?
Gipper
8/13/08 7:18:25PM
hopefully as soon as possible. crocop is far from done.
Bowen50
8/13/08 9:26:39PM
at the UFC Fight Club Q&A for UFC 87 someone actually asked Dana this question. from what Dana said it seems like its up to Cro Cop. he said he'd hapily accept Cro Cop back into the UFC but he just doesn't think that Cro Cop's heart is in fighting anymore.
fonduktoe
8/14/08 5:11:17AM

Posted by Kastro

Cro Cop stated that he would return to the UFC sometime in the winter of 08..

i made the same promise to my last girlfriend
i said i'd come back to her (the ufc) after my semester abroad (my stint in dream) was over, but since my new foreign girlfriend wasn't so much of a bitch i decided to stay overseas
Kastro
8/14/08 9:25:12AM
Wow.. so many people are counting Cro Cop out.. he loses twice in the UFC when he wasn't 100% and now all of a sudden he is washed up?? Pfft... come on guys..

Lets not forget he fights at HW though he could comfortably be a LHW, he knocks out guys way bigger then him, and has destroyed some of the best names in the MMA game today..

Wandy lost 3 in a row and everyone was counting him out, he suddenly gets an impressive win over Jardine and now all his fans are back saying he has returned... so I guess its going to take Cro Cop to annihalate someone in order for him to get his respect back...

Its amazing how fast people jump ship... some mentioned he should fight Herring?? Lets not forget how badly Cro Cop destroyed Herring in Pride... and all this cage talk I just dont buy it he can knock people out in a ring or a cage he has the heart of a champion and he will be back!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/14/08 11:00:43PM
I dont think he will ever return. Im a fan of cro cop, really hope he does , but i think he will be content fighting cans in japan. I think his best days are behind him. My guess is overeem will submit cro cop and he will retire. I really dont think his heart is in it anymore. Had he not won that 2006 grand prix, mirko would of retired that night. I hope mirko proves me wrong .
prozacnation1978
8/14/08 11:20:24PM
he kept saying he wants to come back and avenge his losses
i do see him coming back but not till 2010
i would like to see him succeed in the ufc
jocka
8/15/08 11:50:11AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I dont think he will ever return. Im a fan of cro cop, really hope he does , but i think he will be content fighting cans in japan. I think his best days are behind him. My guess is overeem will submit cro cop and he will retire. I really dont think his heart is in it anymore. Had he not won that 2006 grand prix, mirko would of retired that night. I hope mirko proves me wrong .

Actually he won Against Sanchez on february 3 2007
JohnnyNapalm
8/15/08 2:20:34PM
Crocop is as predictable as the weather when it comes to performance in the Octagon or any other venue.

But because of the entertainment value he brings, win or lose, he'll always be a fan favourite.
mkiv9secsupra
8/15/08 3:12:35PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Crocop is as predictable as the weather when it comes to performance in the Octagon or any other venue.

But because of the entertainment value he brings, win or lose, he'll always be a fan favourite.

i hope by predictable you mean constantly being one of, if not, the best striker(s) in mma. His high kick is notable but he has ended fights with his left straights mid kicks and leg kicks, so he isnt immensely predictable as CC haters lead everyone on to believe
JohnnyNapalm
8/15/08 4:17:23PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

i hope by predictable you mean constantly being one of, if not, the best striker(s) in mma. His high kick is notable but he has ended fights with his left straights mid kicks and leg kicks, so he isnt immensely predictable as CC haters lead everyone on to believe

When you state "constantly being one of, if not, the best striker(s) in mma" don't forget that he's been KO'ed at least 3 times in his fighting career (did I forget 1?).

So while he's dangerous to others with his striking he's also proven to be dangerous to himself by getting in the way of big shots from guys like MacDonald (sp?), Gorganzola , and Randleman.
mkiv9secsupra
8/15/08 5:28:36PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

When you state "constantly being one of, if not, the best striker(s) in mma" don't forget that he's been KO'ed at least 3 times in his fighting career (did I forget 1?).

So while he's dangerous to others with his striking he's also proven to be dangerous to himself by getting in the way of big shots from guys like MacDonald (sp?), Gorganzola , and Randleman.

3 (T)KO's does not make you a danger to yourself. Arlovksi, Rampage and many many many others have 3 (T)KO losses on their record but still dictate the fight standing and are dangerous strikers.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/15/08 7:08:46PM
If he defeats LeBanner and Overeem then invite him back.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/15/08 9:57:02PM

Posted by jocka

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Actually he won Against Sanchez on february 3 2007

yeah I know, I watched it live . How is this relevant to what i said
JohnnyNapalm
8/16/08 3:43:04AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

3 (T)KO's does not make you a danger to yourself. Arlovksi, Rampage and many many many others have 3 (T)KO losses on their record but still dictate the fight standing and are dangerous strikers.

AA is a dangerous striker when facing weak opposition.

Rampage got KO'ed by Wandy who goes frappe on everyone.

Crocop found out he's not good enough to be a K-1 level striker/fighter, got KO'ed by Randleman whose KO record speaks for itself, and then got annihilated by the mediocre Gabe Gonzanga. His career has always been hit'n'miss. When he hits - stellar. When he misses - disaster. Over-rated IMO.

mkiv9secsupra
8/16/08 8:35:37AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Crocop found out he's not good enough to be a K-1 level striker/fighter, got KO'ed by Randleman whose KO record speaks for itself, and then got annihilated by the mediocre Gabe Gonzanga. His career has always been hit'n'miss. When he hits - stellar. When he misses - disaster. Over-rated IMO.

Crocop not K1 level?! there is nothing you could say to suggest he isnt and is quite possibly one of the dumbest things i have ever read on this forum.
Aaronno9
8/16/08 8:59:52AM
If he can avoid the ufc, i dont think we'll see him coming back. He clearly prefers fighting in the ring and in japan, and he has more success there to.
JohnnyNapalm
8/17/08 8:47:37PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Crocop not K1 level?! there is nothing you could say to suggest he isnt and is quite possibly one of the dumbest things i have ever read on this forum.

Yeah, I guess you need clarification on that. Crocop knew he wasn't going to be good enough to swim with the big fish in K-1 so that's why he stayed with MMA. Sorry for the poorly worded statement.
Pages: [1] 2