Cro Cop

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cro Cop
cloud301336
2/14/08 10:51:05PM
Well i just learned about the Cro Cop situation and I think he's making a bad choice. But now what i wanna ask will he ever come back?
KeNn
2/14/08 11:17:24PM
From what I heard from a buddy of mine he's fighting in a new smaller org, with the excutives from Pride, and K-1.

Called Dream, and from the card I've seen they've easily got the best light weights in the world.

kevietre
2/14/08 11:44:35PM
Hate to say it but I don't think he'll be back in the UFC. He's leaving in between his six fight contract and he didn't make any impact on the UFC thesides providing a highlight reel KO gave to him by GG.
cmill21
2/15/08 12:10:28AM
I can say I have been told by someone close to him that he plans to avenge his UFC losses, so take that for what it's worth. IMO Dream will be huge and put on some amazing cards, I don't think there will be a reason for him to come back, I don't see Kongo and GG being huge stars and IMO Kongo will get crushed by Herring and will fade away.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/15/08 3:12:27AM

Posted by cmill21

I can say I have been told by someone close to him that he plans to avenge his UFC losses, so take that for what it's worth. IMO Dream will be huge and put on some amazing cards, I don't think there will be a reason for him to come back, I don't see Kongo and GG being huge stars and IMO Kongo will get crushed by Herring and will fade away.

Kongo will get crushed by Herring and will fade away.

agreed
Pookie
2/15/08 3:17:59AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by cmill21

agreed

One can dream right?
Tein_Lung
2/15/08 4:04:09AM
CC went up against people who were not intimidated by him and he crumbled... thats all there is to it.. it just seems that when any Pride guy gets his ass handed to him in the UFC they blame it on the "cage" and thats a total cop out if you are a top fighter what you fight in shouldn't matter.
Pookie
2/15/08 4:26:14AM

Posted by Tein_Lung

CC went up against people who were not intimidated by him and he crumbled... thats all there is to it.. it just seems that when any Pride guy gets his ass handed to him in the UFC they blame it on the "cage" and thats a total cop out if you are a top fighter what you fight in shouldn't matter.

look at history. All the fighters who went from UFC to pride when it started up looked abyssmal in their first couple of showings.

There are different rules in the ufc then pride. Plain and simple.

By the way, in no way did he crumble against kongo. In fact he was clearly winning before he injured his rib.
hails
2/15/08 6:40:11AM
You all watch my boy Kongo destroy Herring!!!

Cro Cop is a tool!!!

Why leave a big org like the UFC, I guess Dana had the 2 loss clause in the contract where he could write a new contract if Cro Cop lost two in a row!!

Why pay 350K per fight for CC to fight on an undercard, when the tough get going, CC goes to fight cans in Japan!!!!

KeNn
2/15/08 7:10:26AM

Posted by hails

Cro Cop is a tool!!!

Why leave a big org like the UFC, I guess Dana had the 2 loss clause in the contract where he could write a new contract if Cro Cop lost two in a row!!

Why pay 350K per fight for CC to fight on an undercard, when the tough get going, CC goes to fight cans in Japan!!!!

Dude you idolize a guy who likes to knee in the balls?
your nothing but a bitch.
grappler0000
2/15/08 11:32:41AM

Posted by KeNn

Posted by hails

Cro Cop is a tool!!!

Dude you idolize a guy who likes to knee in the balls?
your nothing but a bitch.

Can we keep this civil? This isn't Sherdog, ya know.
Aaronno9
2/15/08 12:03:24PM
Id like for nothing more that cro cop to come back, if nothing else so he can beat kongo down. For a guy who got beat off carmelo marrero (sp?) hes got an awfully big mouth. I hope herring hands his ass to him, then when cro cop comes back (which i think he will) he beats kongo to a pulp. I think kongos juicing comments will of really pissed mirko off, making him want to make it back into the ufc even more, and i dont think anybody would want to be in the ring/cage with a pissed off cro cop. Just ask wandy.
NatedawgThaM
2/15/08 5:04:55PM
Well all the top HW's are in the UFC minus Fedor and Barnett and possibly Randleman if this move to Xtreme Couture works like I think it will.

I think he'll knockout 2 or 3 unknowns until M-1 wants to co-promote in which he'll probably do a fourth fight with Barnett and win like the rest of the fights, he'll probably fight Randleman again and have that triology once the actual Monster of Kevin comes out. Then that will set up the rematch with Fedor after Fedor beats Randy and this will be when Fedor gets interested when the old CC comes out of that shell in the ring. This will all take about two years give or take a third.

After he comes back and all that training during that time in the cage pays off, I'm sure Dana will give him a 1-2 fight deal to see where he's at and see if he's improved after a year or two. Then hopefully we'll see him dominate the UFC
cmill21
2/15/08 5:58:43PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Well all the top HW's are in the UFC minus Fedor and Barnett and possibly Randleman if this move to Xtreme Couture works like I think it will.

I think he'll knockout 2 or 3 unknowns until M-1 wants to co-promote in which he'll probably do a fourth fight with Barnett and win like the rest of the fights, he'll probably fight Randleman again and have that triology once the actual Monster of Kevin comes out. Then that will set up the rematch with Fedor after Fedor beats Randy and this will be when Fedor gets interested when the old CC comes out of that shell in the ring. This will all take about two years give or take a third.

After he comes back and all that training during that time in the cage pays off, I'm sure Dana will give him a 1-2 fight deal to see where he's at and see if he's improved after a year or two. Then hopefully we'll see him dominate the UFC

I think Kharitonov, Hunt, Aleks, Bigfoot, and Overeem are pretty good. People think the UFC is the be all end all, but IMHO they only have the best WW, and LHW divs. I think there are better LW's(excluding BJ), more A class MW's and HW's outside the UFC.
Mastodon2
2/15/08 6:27:57PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

agreed

One can dream right?

I think Kongo is going to have a very tough time with Herring's wrestling skills. Kongo is a diabolical wrestler, and once he is on the ground he is a real fish out of water. Herring is a bad match up for him, looks like punishment for ruining Cro Cop's shot at success in the UFC imo.
BlazinSaddle
2/15/08 7:16:30PM
he says he might come back, i think he will, and will come back better than ever, hes not that old, but as long as nog and fedor are around i dont like his chances for the UFC heavyweight belt if he decides to comeback
loonytnt
2/16/08 3:19:28PM
if CC wants to be a big name and get paid the most he can he needs to be in the UFC, and he needs to get the wins to be paid
cmill21
2/16/08 3:37:34PM

Posted by loonytnt

if CC wants to be a big name and get paid the most he can he needs to be in the UFC, and he needs to get the wins to be paid

I can say, he's not losing any money by going to Dream . Money's not his concer though, he wants to be known as one of the best ever, right now he's going to try and rebuild his legacy, I know for a fact he wants to avenge those two losses BIG TIME.
loonytnt
2/16/08 4:01:11PM
i hope so, but i guess dream is just to rebuild? CC has not really done anything big in the UFC is dream a step down?
cmill21
2/16/08 4:14:00PM

Posted by loonytnt

i hope so, but i guess dream is just to rebuild? CC has not really done anything big in the UFC is dream a step down?

I don't know some people will say yes, but there are fights that make me smile more then anything thats in the UFC for him. Kharitonov, Overeem, Fedor, Hunt, Barney, possibly AA and Tim. I don't think he'll face any of them in his first fight, I see him facing a popular japanese fighter who's not on his level so he gets rolling again, then I can see him and Kharitonov(drool).