Cristiano Marcello Warns “If I Have the Chance to Break His Arm, I’m Going to Do That”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cristiano Marcello Warns “If I Have the Chance to Break His Arm, I’m Going to Do That”
BuffaloDave
10/11/12 1:01:14PM
It was April 2011 when Cristiano Marcello first crossed paths with his future UFC 153 opponent Reza Madadi.

Madadi won the Super Challenge title that night with a win over UFC veteran Rich Clementi, and at the behest of the promoters, former Chute Boxe coach Cristiano Marcello went into the cage to challenge the new champion for the first show at the belt.

Instead of fun stare down or even a mutual respect between fighters, Madadi grabbed the microphone away from Marcello and said ‘you’re not on my level, don’t even try’ before walking out of the cage.

Ever since that moment, Marcello has been on a mission to beat Madadi, and show him a whole new level of pain in the cage.

“At the time they gave him to me, I said thanks to God because at the time you’re a champion you know someone is going to try to take your belt. If you watch the tape I’m so respectful, I said thanks to Reza for being here and telling him he’s a great fighter, and he takes the microphone out of my hands and tells me I’m not on his level,” said Marcello when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio recently.

“He was right at the time, I’m not on his level. I’m better than him, and I’m going to prove I’m better than him on October 13th.”

LINK
Bubbles
10/11/12 1:25:14PM
prophecy033
10/11/12 2:21:52PM
He probably should have just done it instead of saying he's gonna. Might piss some people off. I'm not gonna be but I can see how it could
infestructure
10/11/12 4:05:37PM
Hoping Reza gets his arm snapped now. Karma's a bitch
BuffaloDave
10/11/12 4:07:44PM
It definitely makes the fight way more interesting now that there's some personal beef between the two.
KingCmb
10/11/12 4:32:38PM
why bother speaking.thats like saying if i get a chance to win im going to win

well no shit
Cooler
10/11/12 4:43:03PM

Posted by the-king

why bother speaking.thats like saying if i get a chance to win im going to win

well no shit

Besides Vitor, there are probably other fighters who don't have the stomach to break other guys bones though.

Like you however, I'm under the philosophy that you deserve broken bones if you don't tap.
bjj1605
10/11/12 9:38:55PM
Making public statements like this gives ammunition to the anti-MMA crowd who want to portray the sport as a violent blood sport.

Keep it to yourself Marcello.
Kpro
10/12/12 3:32:48AM
I scored that fight 29-28 for Clementi.
Budgellism
10/12/12 7:28:23AM

Posted by Kpro

I scored that fight 29-28 for Clementi.

Me too.