Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157
FastKnockout
12/6/12 12:35:21AM
After rumors surfaced that she'd fight Ronda Rousey at UFC 157, Cyborg Santos shot down the claims saying she can't make bantamweight that soon.

Link
Michael_Corleone
12/6/12 1:43:35AM
I got Rousey!
BillsNewAccount
12/6/12 8:16:14AM
As much as I like Ronda I kind of want to see cyborg take this fight, show up 50lbs over and wreck shit.

If the fight goes down I think it will look like Mirr v Brock 2.

Technique will only get you so far fighting an ape.
airkerma
12/6/12 9:24:46AM

Posted by Michael_Corleone

I got Rousey!

Av bet if it happens. I have Cris via assimilation in the 2nd
sparky
12/6/12 10:46:05AM
Ronda will be adding another arm to her collection on the wall at home and I'll AV bet on it when this fight does finally happen

WAR ROUSEY
kingsmasher
12/6/12 12:03:16PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

As much as I like Ronda I kind of want to see cyborg take this fight, show up 50lbs over and wreck shit.

If the fight goes down I think it will look like Mirr v Brock 2.

Technique will only get you so far fighting an ape.

Yeah technique wont beat brute strength...It will beat strength but not when strength has a little practice in BJJ...Lets be honest who has Rousey fought with actual real strength like a man? Her opponents arent exactly weight lifters they are just regular girls who are trying to portray fighters...

Cyborg lives this stuff since when?...Thats my problem with womans MMA....Besides really 2 woman Cyborg and Rousey the rest just look like drunk girls at a bar...I could really care less about any womans MMA and quite frankly I think it hurts the sport..This is my opinion...
Bubbles
12/6/12 2:07:30PM

Posted by kingsmasher
Cyborg lives this stuff since when?...Thats my problem with womans MMA....Besides really 2 woman Cyborg and Rousey the rest just look like drunk girls at a bar...I could really care less about any womans MMA and quite frankly I think it hurts the sport..This is my opinion...

please never again comment in another thread regarding WMMA. If you can't critique it properly, just stay out
airkerma
12/6/12 2:18:32PM

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

For all intensive purposes this comment is irregardless.
voodoo-jitsu
12/6/12 2:22:19PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

please never again comment in another thread ever.

*fixed
prozacnation1978
12/6/12 2:32:51PM
I doubt cyborg even makes weight cut
I still think this should headline fox card in April
Help get women's MMA going mainstream in Ufc
Machida vs hendo main event sounds just as good
Add a Diaz vs kos co main too
kingsmasher
12/6/12 2:55:11PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I doubt cyborg even makes weight cut
I still think this should headline fox card in April
Help get women's MMA going mainstream in Ufc
Machida vs hendo main event sounds just as good
Add a Diaz vs kos co main too

Womens MMA will take years upon years to actually become mainstream if ever...

As hard as it is for people to accept MMA....The common man just doesnt like watching women fight....

I think to sway people to MMA there needs to be maybe an intro show before events on Fox that goes over techniques and fighters backgrounds...The fighters with degrees mostly. The technique can help avearge people know its like a chess match than a barbaric fight...
kingsmasher
12/6/12 3:02:53PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

but the real truth is most dictionaries refer to irregardless as not standard and incorrect...and regardless is actually the proper use...

So you really dont know anything...

So why the obsession with me?
Bubbles
12/6/12 3:15:07PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

but the real truth is most dictionaries refer to irregardless as not standard and incorrect...and regardless is actually the proper use...

So you really dont know anything...

So why the obsession with me?

For all intensive purposes this comment is regardless?
SmileR
12/6/12 7:09:24PM
As interesting as this fight is the rest of the card needs to be stacked or I see this event bombing with the casual fan.
george112
12/6/12 7:12:52PM

Posted by SmileR

As interesting as this fight is the rest of the card needs to be stacked or I see this event bombing with the casual fan.

Bingo.

And I think UFC brass know this. I expect every card with a female bout to be stacked.

Which is good for us all
sbulldavid
12/6/12 9:04:34PM
I hope Cyborg destroys her Anderson Silva style, can't stand her personality anymore.
Michael_Corleone
12/6/12 10:40:39PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Michael_Corleone

I got Rousey!

Av bet if it happens. I have Cris via assimilation in the 2nd

Ronda is going to snap that bitch's arm like a tree branch. Bring it.
kingsmasher
12/7/12 1:04:38AM

Posted by SmileR

Exactly..

I think it takes a lot away from the other great fight with Henderson and Machida....

I would like to know is there anyone here that wants to see a 1 round armbar over 5 rounds of Machida and Hendo?

I can handle the Rousey Show here and there but I think theres only two fights worth watching...Rousey Cyborg and Rousey McCann...

IMO I would rather watch Beltran or Maldonado fight anyone than a womens championship fight...
kingsmasher
12/7/12 1:05:37AM

Posted by sbulldavid

I hope Cyborg destroys her Anderson Silva style, can't stand her personality anymore.

Dana will cry for days if Rousey loses...
tcunningham
12/7/12 2:32:37AM
nothin against our female fighters but hope this doesnt make it as the main even. i just cant get as excited about woman's MMA quite enough to have it as the main even. im still on the fence about who to pick still