Cris 'Cyborg' Santos asks for release from UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cris 'Cyborg' Santos asks for release from UFC
FastKnockout
2/9/13 11:34:31AM
With any women's MMA fights in the UFC above 135 pounds unlikely, Tito Ortiz and Cyborg Santos have asked for the WMMA superstar's release from her Zuffa deal.

Link
shaneTpain
2/9/13 11:42:45AM
andddddddddddd thats why you dont let Tito Ortiz manage your career
FastKnockout
2/9/13 11:50:59AM
I'm not surprised. There is no "women's division." Only the "Rousey" division. A division built solely around her. Cyborg is stuck between a rock and hard place since the UFC has no plans for women's 145.
prophecy033
2/9/13 11:54:34AM
Bummer. She could have made 135 and imo would have beat Ronda and stopped the whole damn hype train. But let her go and do her own thing. Tito must be very happy with himself. Next thing we will hear is that Tito had been releaved of his Management duties
quezocrema0032
2/9/13 12:38:16PM
Can't say I blame her, if she genuinely can't make 135lbs then let her go out & earn a living. Invitica might just have a successful ppv if they can sign cyborg
Poor_Franklin
2/9/13 12:50:08PM
to her, to ufc for not getting people in her weight class to convince her to stay & to Ronda for not wanting to eat a big meal & move up & fight her & give us the fight we all want

what about wmma is going right for the ufc? i hear the primetime show worked out well, but i dont watch those
jay98107
2/9/13 1:45:03PM
Can't say I'm disappointed, I'm still mad at her for the steroid use. I will gladly go my whole life without ever watching her fight again.
prozacnation1978
2/9/13 2:16:21PM
Invicta she may go
But another super fight Ufc didn't make
I think if Ufc was to be more encouraging her to make the cut this may have played out
But Dana throwing a lot of cyborg is ducking and doesn't wanna face rousey.

Let's be honest Dana likes talking shit
And causing problems with fighters
jay98107
2/9/13 2:27:35PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Invicta she may go
I think if Ufc was to be more encouraging her to make the cut this may have played out

Poetry.
Chael_Sonnen
2/9/13 3:41:24PM

Invicta she may go

The most unintentional, but, THE BEST haiku poetry I have ever read.....CHAELrrific!
JLS1980
2/9/13 3:58:29PM
I didn't read the article and the UFC's Women's Bantamweight Division is very thin. An option could have them meet in the middle at a catch-weight (say 140lbs) and make it a non-title fight and "definitely not" have it as a PPV Main Event
infestructure
2/9/13 4:51:58PM
This headline should read 'The only good WMMA fight possible is not gonna happen'
postman
2/9/13 6:41:04PM
Wmma blows dick who gives one flying fuck? I try and keep it clean but wmma is fucking dumb. Im going to miss a hendo machida fight simply because I will not support crap headliners.
frizzzlecake
2/9/13 7:42:37PM
Why not have a woman's 145 divison wouldn't Ronda winning two belts help her legacy and women's mma?

Oh that's right Cyborg is just that a Cyborg.
Manak
2/9/13 7:54:47PM

Posted by jay98107

Invicta she may go

Poetry.

Dana said they would pay for Mike Dolce to help her.. what else could they have done?
Michael_Corleone
2/10/13 11:17:50AM
Don't be scared, homie.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jae_1833
2/10/13 1:59:44PM
This is them trying to strongarm the brass at Zuffa...making it abundantly clear that ahe will not fight at 135. These tactics have never succeeded with Zuffa and have almost always predated someone's fall from grace...in other words a very bad managerial decision. The situation is sticky, I know...the Rousey division and her first fight being a PPV spot over Hendo Machida is ridiculous, I agree...however WMMA has given me a fair amount of good times. I don't want to be an American hypocrite and be unsupportive of fun fighters because of some people's unwillingness to cooperate and others poor business decisions. I just enjoy seeing two talented fighters scrap. With the scarcity of the only WT Division that Zuffa is supporting for WMMA, and the complete lack of developement I am seeing in the UFC for WMMA, I just don't see it lasting very long at all...it's just a fucking shamefull trainwreck to watch.
Bubbles
2/10/13 6:18:14PM
I didn't know they actually signed her
MaxOne
2/11/13 1:12:49PM
UFC should gets some fights going at 145 too. If they really want to do something w/ Womans's MMA it wouldn't hurt to have rousey at 135 and cyborg at 145 and ultimately if they both remained dominant they could probably make the "super fight" happen down the line.
FlashyG
2/11/13 1:33:17PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Invicta she may go

The most unintentional, but, THE BEST haiku poetry I have ever read.....CHAELrrific!

That post as close to
haiku poem as Chael
to championship

papercut
2/11/13 6:12:50PM
I don't think this is a bad move. especially if she gets picked up by invicta since they'll let her fight at her natural weight. the UFC only is trying to capitalize on Rousey and Rousey alone. and in a year or 2 we'll see where that gets them with WMMA. bad move by the UFC having the one weight.