anyone else cringe when dennis bermudez speaks ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » anyone else cringe when dennis bermudez speaks ?
aussiemma
8/12/12 11:52:10PM
i can't quite put my finger on it, but whenever he does a post fight interview i cannot watch it.
i respect the guy as a fighter...but he sounds like such a dumbass lol
Kpro
8/12/12 11:53:41PM
Bermudez to you is Volkmann to me. It's unbearable.
Budgellism
8/13/12 12:31:51AM

Posted by Kpro

Both are bad.

Bermudez after the Garza fight was insanely awkward with that Fear Factor shit. I didn't watch his post fight after his last fight what did he say?
FastKnockout
8/13/12 12:39:03AM
It was mentioned on TUF by a few of the guys that Bermudez wasn't exactly the smartest guy around, and he did say some dumb stuff.
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/12 2:26:13AM
I don't know how any of you guys can listen/watch any of that stuff anymore.

I'm at a point where I find most of it annonying, like pre-fight talking by the announcers, post fight interview, press conferences, weigh-ins, countdown shows.

I only want to watch the fight and that's it.
Rabi
8/13/12 3:02:56AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I'm at a point where I find most of it annonying, like pre-fight talking by the announcers, post fight interview, press conferences, weigh-ins, countdown shows.

Im like you mate, I stay up late and watch all the prelims, and then tape the main card and fast forward the whole thing excepts the fights, but I was tempted to fast forward a couple of fights on the UFC 150 main card lol.
sparky
8/13/12 5:39:48AM
I always pack bong tokes when there talking to Joe.

You guys dont like Bermudez and Volkmann shit I cant handle Rogan anymore guy drives me absolutely insane
aussiemma
8/13/12 8:07:48AM

Posted by sparky

You guys dont like Bermudez and Volkmann shit I cant handle Rogan anymore guy drives me absolutely insane

damn so your havin like 10-12 cones per ufc event ! hehehe
hymiekooken
8/13/12 8:40:34AM

Posted by sparky

I cant stand the same commentary every single fight, I know how a friggin leg kick works by now
shaneTpain
8/13/12 9:28:31AM

Posted by sparky

THIS

the mute button was invented for Rogan
aussiemma
8/13/12 11:14:15AM
i got nothing wrong with the commentators but have you also noticed whenever something exciting happens in a fight, goldberg is usually ranting about something completely irrelevant and rogan always cuts him off.
Rabi
8/13/12 11:22:10AM
Goldberg does my head in, for someone who has been commentating for such a lomg time he comes across as knowing nothing and like he is reading from a script, I do like Rogan though!
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/12 11:28:57AM

Posted by aussiemma

i got nothing wrong with the commentators but have you also noticed whenever something exciting happens in a fight, goldberg is usually ranting about something completely irrelevant and rogan always cuts him off.

I noticed this in the Cerrone/Guillard fight, Goldberg keeps trying to tell some fact b/s while Cerrone is getting rocked.
kopower
8/13/12 12:05:06PM
I'm diggin the announcers for Bellator. Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith are solid. I'd rank them first, then Rogan and Goldie, then the Strikeforce joke of a team.
prophecy033
8/13/12 12:10:00PM
My top 3 in order are Bas, Rogan and Quadros
sparky
8/13/12 2:04:23PM

Posted by prophecy033

My top 3 in order are Bas, Rogan and Quadros

Take out Rogan and put in Jimmy Smith and that's my trio
Poor_Franklin
8/13/12 4:33:20PM
i always watch fights on mute by myself or w/ my gf, but my friend hosts parties for fight nights & im currently trying to convince him to let us make a playlist to listen to during the fights so we can mute the tv there too. I like Rogan, but only when he's doing comedy.
telnights
8/13/12 10:52:54PM

Posted by Kpro

So agree, Volkmann drives me crazy!
State_Champ
8/14/12 8:59:47AM

Posted by Rabi

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Im like you mate, I stay up late and watch all the prelims, and then tape the main card and fast forward the whole thing excepts the fights, but I was tempted to fast forward a couple of fights on the UFC 150 main card lol.

Adrenaline
8/15/12 6:56:04AM
Some of you guys actually mute the fights? I guess I can understand if you truly contemplate jamming screwdrivers in your ears while certain people are commentating but I don't think I could do that, part of the appeal of watching live fights to me is the atmosphere, nothing like the crowd going nuts when something crazy happens or the sound of a heavy strike landing. I find it pretty easy to just tune out the commentary no matter who it is when I'm focused on the fight. Sometimes it bleeds through and is annoying but it would just feel like something was missing if it was muted. That's just me though.
8/15/12 1:15:49PM
yeah well i mute it, hang a curtain in front of the screen and face my chair in the opposite direction. Everyone knows the purest way to watch the fights is to not watch at all, I need only sense their presence.
aussiemma
8/15/12 5:46:48PM
yeah i don't get muting...takes away from the show and atmosphere.
Adrenaline
8/16/12 4:48:14AM

Posted by 187

yeah well i mute it, hang a curtain in front of the screen and face my chair in the opposite direction. Everyone knows the purest way to watch the fights is to not watch at all, I need only sense their presence.

Knowing you, I don't doubt this for a second.
BuffaloDave
8/16/12 9:47:34AM
I was more annoyed by him constantly showing off the fanged mouth piece, like it was the first time we ever saw one of those or something.