Do We Gone A Give The Credits To Forest Now

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Do We Gone A Give The Credits To Forest Now
Next Page »
mrkennedy
7/7/08 7:08:24PM
when he beat shogun everybody say that he was lucky and now he win a contreversial decision vs rampage.When we gone a give the credit to forest
Pookie
7/7/08 7:11:55PM
I give him his credit, although i still do believe rampage won the fight and a healthy shogun would have beat him as well.

He has solidified himself as a top dog in the division and shown that he can give a good fight to the best in the division.

MoJoy
7/7/08 7:16:21PM
I give him credit. But lets be real. I scored the Rampage fight a 47-47 draw. And he until the point he choked out Shogun, it was an even fight. Then you take into account Shogun moving, first fight in the cage, and getting married you see how took his focus. And the main thing, torn acl's are injuries that keep football players and basketball players out the whole season. This guy fought a ufc fight, with a torn acl and still almost won. Logic would imply that a healthy Shogun would have handily beat Forrest. And people questioning the decision are not really bashing Forrest, its more the scoring.
cmill21
7/7/08 7:32:20PM
He has all the credit in the world for both of them, no one gave him a chance. He didn't beat Rampage IMO but i'm not a judge so who cares what I think lol.
iwannabesedated
7/7/08 7:39:06PM

Posted by MoJoy

I give him credit. But lets be real. I scored the Rampage fight a 47-47 draw. And he until the point he choked out Shogun, it was an even fight. Then you take into account Shogun moving, first fight in the cage, and getting married you see how took his focus. And the main thing, torn acl's are injuries that keep football players and basketball players out the whole season. This guy fought a ufc fight, with a torn acl and still almost won. Logic would imply that a healthy Shogun would have handily beat Forrest. And people questioning the decision are not really bashing Forrest, its more the scoring.

Lets Be Real..What YOU scored the fight doesnt count.

Forrest Won Fairly Squarley...can we all move on now...OH and i did pick Rampage to win...Im not sour...Forrest deserves to be champ.
Aaronno9
7/7/08 7:40:29PM
Ive hated reading threads over the last few days about how "Forrest didnt win". Its sucks so much considering his win against shogun is almost totally discredited amongst most mma "experts", but most people didnt even think he would last 2 rounds with rampage never mind take him to a decision and get the win. If you dont give Forrest any credit for that win, or just the fact he hung in their and really tested rampage, then, imo, you suck
juanez13
7/7/08 8:05:48PM
i still think a healthy Shogun would have beat him, but he won that fight nonetheless. But I give him credit for his win against Rampage, i thought he won that fight, So he does deserve to be the Champ
stock
7/7/08 8:17:49PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by MoJoy

Lets Be Real..What YOU scored the fight doesnt count.

Forrest Won Fairly Squarley...can we all move on now...OH and i did pick Rampage to win...Im not sour...Forrest deserves to be champ.

props.

So, I scored it 49-46. Who cares.

The fact is, he won and Rampage (IMO) was no closer to winning than Forrest. Neither fighter looked like they got the shit beat out of him.
Why is it that the winner of these (so called) close fights is always the one getting the heat, and the loser is treated like he is some sort of badass?

I am curious as to how all the hate posts would have looked against Rampage if HE would have won a split decision.
fade2black2004
7/7/08 8:31:58PM

Posted by MoJoy

Forrest won the fight again Rampage, i had it scored as a split but he still won

and Shogun lost every aspect of that fight, i wouldnt give shogun one round in that whole fight
ChokeUout
7/7/08 8:35:43PM
I thoguht Rampage won the fight as well. I can understand giving it to Forrest, and I can understand a 47-47, it was a tight fight, and a close fight to score. You could make a case for both fighters winning, I thought Rampage won, but that being said, I don't think Any Credit Should be withheldFrom Forrest. He fought a great fight, and the three judges gave it to forrest. Three different Judges could have given it Rampage, and like was mentioned earlier, If Rampage Won, people would be in here Saying Forrest got robbed. Either way, Neither man should be discredited for their efforts on Saturday.
mrsmiley
7/7/08 8:40:02PM
I gave it to Forrest.I just don't see all this Forrest dissing.It's crazy.I picked Rampage as well,but I gotta admit I say Forrest won that fight hands down.
ufcboss
7/7/08 9:40:29PM
Its pretty funny, He beats Rampage, The guy who was gonna run through him. And im still reading stuff about a 100% shogun!! WTF!!
Rampage had a sore leg too, Because he had the shit kicked out of it.

Everyone should be giving credit to Forrest now, And if you dont...SORE LOSERS (That didnt even lose!)
cmill21
7/7/08 9:47:45PM
I picked Forrest and thought Rampage won, so does that automatically make me not bias? lol
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/7/08 9:51:00PM
if you state rampage won that fight your either delusional from hugging rampages nuts too hard or flat out lying. The dan henderson fight was imo much closer then that forrest/page fight. If you can justify page winning that fight, it seems fair to think chuck won against jardine.
jiujitsufreak74
7/7/08 9:59:19PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

if you state rampage won that fight your either delusional from hugging rampages nuts too hard or flat out lying. The dan henderson fight was imo much closer then that forrest/page fight. If you can justify page winning that fight, it seems fair to think chuck won against jardine.

i 100% disagree. i personally had this fight as a draw, and that is with a 10-8 round...and that 2nd round was barely a 10-8 round, i was thinking of making it 10-9. you can justify either fighter winning and to say that you are a nuthugger because you thought Rampage won is a bit of a stretch.
NatedawgThaM
7/7/08 10:07:28PM
Although I thought Rampage won and thought some of the scoring was their, I can not sit here and not give Forrest any credit.

I give the utmost respect and props to Forrest. Almost everybody who didn't hate Rampage or Shogun or wasn't a diehard Forrest fan had Rampage winning in brutal KO fashion. He did great and made it severely close. I think Forrest will be a great champion since he seriously reminds a lot of Rocky Balboa from the Rocky Movies except without brutal KO power and more technique. He's the modern day Rocky. You got to love it.

Although I disagree with the decision, Forrest as of Saturday night, like it or not, YOU ARE THE MAN AT 205!!!
MoJoy
7/7/08 10:12:08PM

Posted by fade2black2004

Posted by MoJoy

Forrest won the fight again Rampage, i had it scored as a split but he still won

and Shogun lost every aspect of that fight, i wouldnt give shogun one round in that whole fight

Read what people are saying. Comprehend. Shogun and Forrest was a close fight. No doubt bro. And Shogun had a torn acl. Do you have any grasp of how bad of an injury that is. Now I see why he had that look on his face entering the cage. All those factors made it an unfair fight. He should not have took it, but he was under a lot of pressure. Its not taking away from Forrest. Its telling the truth and thats the right thing to do.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/7/08 10:14:37PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i 100% disagree. i personally had this fight as a draw, and that is with a 10-8 round...and that 2nd round was barely a 10-8 round, i was thinking of making it 10-9. you can justify either fighter winning and to say that you are a nuthugger because you thought Rampage won is a bit of a stretch.

would you mind laying your scorecard out round by round? did you watch the fight more then once? were you impaired while watching it?
Mchubb316
7/7/08 10:17:20PM
Forrest get credit for being a good fighter and a champion from me. Regardless of how I feel, or anyone feels who won the fight, I can't say that Forrest didn't deserve to win. Rampage would have deserved to win as well, but didn't. Both fighters get much respect from me, as does just about anyone who steps in to fight.
jiujitsufreak74
7/7/08 10:18:00PM

would you mind laying your scorecard out round by round? did you watch the fight more then once? were you impaired while watching it?

that was pretty funny

but my scorecard was:

1st Round: Rampage: 10-9
2nd round: Forrest: 10-8
3rd Round: Rampage: 10-9
4th Round: Rampage: 10-9
5th Round: Forrest: 10-9

47-47 draw

i re-watched the fight several times and a lot of people have the same scoring i do. all i am saying is that it was not a clear decision for either fighter and it isn't nuthuggery to say Rampage won.
DiabloFreak56
7/7/08 10:41:08PM
im gonna go on a mini rant here sorry guys.

but im getting tired of going on here and keep seeing the same stupid post about how forrest didnt win and "do we give forrst credit now" im sorry but he won the LHW TItle how can you not give him any credit. he had a gameplan he went out and executed it as best he could and it worked. i am a huge rampage fan and thought that rampage was gonna win. but after watching the fight 3 times i believe that forrest controled this fight besides 2 rounds. the 3rd and 4th. people can say forrest won the 3rd. i just feel page won it. but im sorry its over. Forrest won. everyone should give forrest credit no matter how they thought the fight went. and to be completely honest even tho i wanted rampage to win im happy forrest won because now we get to see forrest griffin who might be the one person besides wanderlei who will fight anyone at anytime. and puts everything he has during the fight.

sorry for the rant im just tired of seeing these stupid post.

War Forrest!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/8/08 12:36:24AM

that was pretty funny

but my scorecard was:

1st Round: Rampage: 10-9
2nd round: Forrest: 10-8
3rd Round: Rampage: 10-9
4th Round: Rampage: 10-9
5th Round: Forrest: 10-9

47-47 draw

i re-watched the fight several times and a lot of people have the same scoring i do. all i am saying is that it was not a clear decision for either fighter and it isn't nuthuggery to say Rampage won.

ill score it with half pts

forrest was dominating the first round with leg kicks, page connected on 2 combos and dropped forrest 10-9.5 page. , second round forrest really hurt him with leg kicks. eventual mount , emricana attemps , elbows. 10-8,5 round. 3rd round was a draw imo 10-10 . the 4th round was also very close. it depends how you score it. forrest pulled guard almost got a triangle , later had a omaplata 10-9.5 quinton . forest won teh fifth 10-9.5 . 50-49 forrest. Quinton gave him his props for winning. Look at his facial expression as their reading out the scores. He knew he wasnt the winner.
jiujitsufreak74
7/8/08 12:48:05AM

ill score it with half pts

forrest was dominating the first round with leg kicks, page connected on 2 combos and dropped forrest 10-9.5 page. , second round forrest really hurt him with leg kicks. eventual mount , emricana attemps , elbows. 10-8,5 round. 3rd round was a draw imo 10-10 . the 4th round was also very close. it depends how you score it. forrest pulled guard almost got a triangle , later had a omaplata 10-9.5 quinton . forest won teh fifth 10-9.5 . 50-49 forrest. Quinton gave him his props for winning. Look at his facial expression as their reading out the scores. He knew he wasnt the winner.

all i am saying is that it is not nuthuggery to say Rampage should have won. even you had it close. now if it was like the Randy vs Tim fight and someone said Rampage should have won, that would be nuthuggery, but in this instance it was so close that it is really pointless to get all bent out of shape if someone disagrees with you.
fonduktoe
7/8/08 2:07:51AM
this was a close fight
scored it for forrest by a hair even though i was rooting for rampage
this controversey will persist and i think an immediate rematch is in order
but in the end i give props to forrest for always bringing it no matter who he is fighting or what the circumstances are
he's earned everything he's achieved
Aether
7/8/08 2:57:52AM
believing the decision was wrong doesn't mean we're not giving forrest credit. I'm pretty sure he surprised everyone and that even people who think the fight was a draw or scored it in rampage's favour were really impressed with the performance he put on. No one is trying to discredit Forrest's performance. It's just that a lot of people think that the judge's scoring was wrong. Everyone has different judging criteria, some people think because forrest was pushing forward he deserved the closer rounds and others think rampage's accurate power combos won him those rounds, it's just a difference of opinion in the way the fight should be scored.

I haven't seen a single person saying that forrest fought a bad fight, or that he doesn't deserve credit for putting on an awesome fight - he does, and we realize that. Just many of us scored the match differently based on what we think should be most important in a fight.
telnights
7/8/08 6:13:39AM
Not everyone that didn't like the decision are not giving Forrest credit but a lot are not. I have read people say it was a gift for Forrest, Rampage was screwed, and in a rematch Rampage would kill Forrest. Cant we just move on and give Forrest his due he earned it. Most people didn't even give him a chance to make it past the 2nd round but yet he took Rampage to a decision and looked good doing it, even had Rampage in trouble with those leg kicks. Rampage looked so bad after the leg kicks in the 2nd I wasn't sure if he was going to come out for the 3rd. Forrest has now not once but twice beat the number one ranked fighter at 205. We can make excuses all day long but the fact is he did it when no one said he could that's got to be worth something. So lets give Forrest his time at the top and stop with all the hate.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/8/08 1:17:07PM
worst use of grammar in a thread title EVER
cowcatcher
7/8/08 1:26:59PM

Posted by MoJoy

Posted by fade2black2004

Posted by MoJoy

Read what people are saying. Comprehend. Shogun and Forrest was a close fight. No doubt bro. And Shogun had a torn acl. Do you have any grasp of how bad of an injury that is. Now I see why he had that look on his face entering the cage. All those factors made it an unfair fight. He should not have took it, but he was under a lot of pressure. Its not taking away from Forrest. Its telling the truth and thats the right thing to do.

i just rewatched forrest and shogun and forrest DOMINATED the fight, it was not close at all period.
KYGUY07
7/8/08 1:42:04PM
Im a huge fan of both forrest and rampage, but I think hands down forrest won that fight, hes beaten 2 of the top 5 lhw's in his last to fights but still people dont give him credit its ridculous. People are just so upset that a former TUF winner is the champion, people need to get over it and give credit where credit is due.
Naturaldisaster
7/8/08 2:58:25PM
Forrest deserves all the credit in the world. People say that if shogun wasnt prepared for that fight and stuff like that, well shogun can only blame himself for that. Forrest beat him, Dominated him! I guess you could call it stupidity on shoguns part for not being prepared. He probably underestemated forrest, like I think Rampage did.
Pages: [1] 2