Crap.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Crap.
Chagrin
6/27/08 7:51:31PM
I clawed my way all the way up to 24th in the rankings in the secondary league, and what do I go and do? Think the Strikeforce event is happening tomorrow instead of today, and not think to check intermittently what fights were added. I was planning to do all my picks tomorrow.

So I only have picks on the original four fights listed when the card first appeared. Bleh.
papercut
6/27/08 8:57:42PM
well I spaced for awile and didn't check the secondary league for a few days and didn't even get a chance to make picks on this event. so it could be worse
scoozna
6/27/08 10:15:49PM
I feel your pain. Happens to me from time to time. Chalk it up to having a life and other things on your mind.
Figsak
6/27/08 11:32:44PM
Is that avatar the bad guy from Samurai Jack? >,<

Hot
Chagrin
6/28/08 6:22:06AM
.. and it turned out I got the four picks I did totally wrong anyway. I didn't even think that was possible! Awesome.

I need more Japanese shows, which I'm perfect at picking at least the winners for this season..
Figsak
6/28/08 12:12:08PM
Ya, how about this. Be a Rabid fan of MMA for 5yrs, know not only UFC and pride fighters, but 75% of the secondary league fighters inside and out, then spend 3 days before the event studying tape, records, and fighters to make your pick...

Then coming out 3-7

<<<

scoozna
6/28/08 5:06:38PM

Posted by Figsak

Is that avatar the bad guy from Samurai Jack? >,<

Hot

Yessir. Aku is his name.
Pookie
6/28/08 5:13:04PM

Posted by Figsak

Ya, how about this. Be a Rabid fan of MMA for 5yrs, know not only UFC and pride fighters, but 75% of the secondary league fighters inside and out, then spend 3 days before the event studying tape, records, and fighters to make your pick...

Then coming out 3-7

<<<

you studied the tape and still thought Eastman would beat mccfedries? really? what was your rationale?
xposipx
6/28/08 6:28:23PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Figsak

Then coming out 3-7

<<<

you studied the tape and still thought Eastman would beat mccfedries? really? what was your rationale?

I didn't study anything and honestly thought Eastman would pull it out. I thought he would be able to back up and avoid his bombs and wait for him to gas out and then pick him apart when he didn't have to get worried about the KO. I honestly think McFedries is the hardest puncher in his weight class...if not the whole organization. Plus, he was coming off that brutal staph infection. Anyways, I put too much thought into it and didn;t give McFedries enough credit...but it wasn't THAT dumb of a pick.
PS - this question wasn't directed towards me, but that was my thinking going into it..I assume his was similar.

Moral: Overthinking is usually bad. Go with instinct.
Figsak
6/28/08 9:23:36PM
Same here. I was SURE Eastman would win that one. McFedries has no cardio. He either wins first round by spectacular KO or he loses BIG. Eastman is a great wrestler who I figured would drag McFedries to the ground and lay on him till he gassed.. Was perfectly good pick. All he had to do was avoid getting clipped and get a takedown. He went for the takedown right away, bungled it, I then said FU*K!!! Then McFedries proceded to pound him as expected.

I definately over thought most of the picks, I literally could of flipped a coin and come out better than 3-7. From now on I glance at the fights, make a gut pick and go with it.
CJB
6/30/08 10:46:34AM
I did crap with Strikeforce, the only good move i made was picking Thomson to win and getting the underdog bonus. I did shit with the rest of the card but i'm still ranked 7 so it seems a lot of people didn't do too well with that event.
Figsak
6/30/08 1:53:18PM
Yep, lost my ass on that 1 too. Most ppl probably did. Lots of upsets.
Ben_Hutch
7/2/08 7:42:19PM
I only got 16 points for that event lol.
jiujitsufreak74
7/2/08 10:27:24PM
i didn't even make my picks for this because i was out of town...how do you think i feel.
Figsak
7/2/08 10:48:10PM
Refreshed from your vacation
emfleek
7/2/08 10:58:05PM
I may as well have missed the damn event. I think I went 2-8 and scored 12 points.

I definitely shit the bed on that event. By far, the worst I've ever done.
Figsak
7/2/08 11:51:28PM
Same here 2-8

That goes well with my 3-7 Primary league record to put a big NOOB sign on my back.