CPC Movies: Who Says It's too Late for a 2008 Preview?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » CPC Movies: Who Says It's too Late for a 2008 Preview?
ohiostate1016
2/21/08 1:21:43PM
2007 turned out to be the biggest year in the history of MMA, and it had some of the best fights in a long time. I dubbed 07 as the “Year of the Lightweights,” with so many great fights coming from the 155-pound division, and we start out this year with a great lightweight fight at the first event of the year. UFC 80 featured Joe “Daddy” Stevenson taking on BJ Penn for the UFC Lightweight title. Penn defeated Stevenson in the second round by submission and will now face Sean Sherk at UFC 84 for the lightweight title.

We’re already more than a month into the year, but who says it’s too late to do a preview? 2008 should be yet another great year for MMA, and I look for the sport to take even more steps into the mainstream of American and world acceptance. I’ll break down the situation in each of the six major weight classes as well as some of the top stories to look for in the upcoming year.

LINK
ohiostate1016
2/21/08 1:23:03PM
Another piece written by yours truly. As always, let me know what you think. My next piece is a little ditty on Anderson Silva/Dan Henderson for the upcoming fight in March. Enjoy!
jae_1833
2/22/08 1:57:21AM
No way Kongo will be champ....Big Nog would take inside of 2 rounds...the rest was reallt good though. GSP, Silva dominating if he gets past Hendo, and BJ over Sherk are all likely to happen. I don't know if Griffin will be champ though I don't see Rampage holding it for much longer, not due to his skill, just do to the huge amount of talent in his div. I see the LHW title changin almost every year if not 2 times this year.