Cowboy Cerrone breaks down his beeef with Nate Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cowboy Cerrone breaks down his beeef with Nate Diaz
DoTheMMAth
12/23/11 2:12:30PM
LINK

During Steve Cofield’s Vegas-based ESPN Radio show today, Donald Cerrone recalled an incident he had recently with Nate Diaz, and to put it lightly, he isn’t impressed with the level of disrespect his UFC 141 opponent showed him.
emfleek
12/23/11 2:17:36PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

he isn’t impressed with the level of disrespect his UFC 141 opponent showed him.

This cracked me up.

Pump the brakes and take a look at yourself, playa. I hope Nate takes your arm back to Stockton with him.

Lesnar1
12/23/11 2:26:28PM
The Diaz brothers have no respect for anyone. Personally I find it entertaining.
Budgellism
12/23/11 2:28:33PM
Cerrone is just looking for a reason to be pissed at something. I'm a big fan but he really seems like a grade A hater.
emfleek
12/23/11 2:33:57PM

Posted by Budgellism

Cerrone is just looking for a reason to be pissed at something. I'm a big fan but he really seems like a grade A hater.

After some of the things he's said/done in the past, his opinion on what's respectful and what's not means squat as far as I'm concerned.

I used to be a huge Cerrone fan but that ship sailed during his childish feud with Varner.
airkerma
12/23/11 2:46:46PM
Isn't he supposed to be cutting down to 145 to settle some super serious beef with Nam Phan or something? He always seems to have a chip on his shoulder.
Chael_Sonnen
12/23/11 3:06:03PM
Nate can only hope for a quick death against Cowboy.
emfleek
12/23/11 3:10:39PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Sure.

DeadHead988
12/23/11 3:26:09PM
Cowboy's on a whole other level than Diaz
Poor_Franklin
12/23/11 3:33:08PM
cerrone....one of those dude's i don't like much out of the cage, but love him when he's in it
Aether
12/23/11 3:48:00PM
I think he's trying to be a "personality", like playing the heel the way that guys like Tito Ortiz or Chael Sonnen do, but he does it really poorly and just comes across as a grumpy asshole.

Possibly he's just one of these guys who needs to create a hatred for his opponent so that he doesn't feel any inclination to hold back.

I guess it's also possible that he's really just a grumpy asshole. lol.
FastKnockout
12/23/11 4:14:44PM
I'll take the grumpy cowboy over the wanna-be street thug any day.
Chael_Sonnen
12/23/11 4:20:16PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah, at least Donald is a real Cowboy....Nate doesn't even know how to act like a thug.
machodog76
12/23/11 5:56:57PM
I'd be pissed too if I went to shake someones hand and they called me a punk bitch, doesn't sound like he's too butt-hurt about it. He sounds more baffled by it than anything. I'll take Cowboy by TKO in the 2nd.
kopower
12/23/11 6:37:45PM
Man, I'm so looking forward to this fight. I would love for the ref to be mic'd up and hear all the shit talking between the two.
prozacnation1978
12/23/11 7:22:08PM
Can't wait for the fight
But diaz vs cerrone. As well as pierce vs kos are weak vegas co main events
emfleek
12/23/11 8:37:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Can't wait for the fight

You tend to criticize every card regardless so you calling it weak doesn't really surprise me.

Hell, Arianny and Brittany could make out in the center of the octagon and you'd criticize them for not looking each other in the eye.
kopower
12/23/11 8:46:23PM

Posted by emfleek

Can't wait for the fight

You tend to criticize every card regardless so you calling it weak doesn't really surprise me.

Hell, Arianny and Brittany could make out in the center of the octagon and you'd criticize them for not looking each other in the eye.

If they looked each other in the eye, that would be hot
kingsmasher
12/23/11 10:48:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Sure.

Gotta admit Fleek IM surprised you support Diaz..

.I just identify with alot you say...and sometimes spot on...I do think Cerrone is cocky but Diaz takes it to another level...And quite honest I feel like Cerrone actually wishes he was Diaz and likes the way Diaz acts cocky....I saw him tell the elevator story with the Diaz guys...but Cerrone really has a deep down respect for fighting and fighters...He does though need to get jacked for a fight..I think Cerrone kinda envys the Diaz bros and there whole kinda "posse"..

I mean Cerrones BFF is Leonard Garcia..

As for him and Varner well Varner talked smack teh same way...

I think though I would much rather drink some cold ones with Cerrone and as for Diaz hes the type of guy always acting like a fool wanting to pick a fight...Just my opinion from hearing them both...

My best friend is a big Cerrone fan and I use to be...but since he likes him so much I gotta go with Diaz but I think Cerrone is going to beat him pretty easy...Heres why..

Cerrone can take a punch and Diaz lacks power...Hes pretty accurate but I think Cerrone will walk through Diaz and leg kicks...
kingsmasher
12/23/11 10:49:44PM

Can't wait for the fight

Wow really Cerrone and diaz is gonna be good and I think the other will be a surprise becasue Kos wont take it seriously...
kingsmasher
12/23/11 11:09:37PM

Posted by FastKnockout

This and Nates pitter patter punches...They havent given Cerrone a fight yet that will test him....A wrestler is Cerrones big weakness and is why hes not a contender...
kingsmasher
12/23/11 11:11:41PM
A boxer like Frankie would also destroy Cerrone...Hes not good at guys like that either..His fights have been tailor mad matchup so far for him...Hes way bigger than Rocha and Olivera...And his last fight teh German is kinda slow and very bad on the ground...
40ouncetpkid
12/24/11 1:00:05AM

Posted by Lesnar1

The Diaz brothers have no respect for anyone. Personally I find it entertaining.

Hahaha this x100. Im always the guy yelling "OOO SHIIIIT! You gonna take that?" WAR DIAZ!
40ouncetpkid
12/24/11 1:05:44AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

This and Nates pitter patter punches...They havent given Cerrone a fight yet that will test him....A wrestler is Cerrones big weakness and is why hes not a contender...

Wouldnt neccessarly agree with that. I think 170 did him wonders. He destroyed markham and davis. Cameback to 155 against iron chin Gomi and absolutely destroyed him. I think it actually has to do with the diaz brothers training with future P4P boxing king and current super middleweight kingpin champ Andre Ward and heavy hitter young undefeated prospect Omar Henry. Their boxing technique and power from straighting up their shots and planting their feet better have improved ten fold.
kingsmasher
12/24/11 1:28:08AM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Wouldnt neccessarly agree with that. I think 170 did him wonders. He destroyed markham and davis. Cameback to 155 against iron chin Gomi and absolutely destroyed him. I think it actually has to do with the diaz brothers training with future P4P boxing king and current super middleweight kingpin champ Andre Ward and heavy hitter young undefeated prospect Omar Henry. Their boxing technique and power from straighting up their shots and planting their feet better have improved ten fold.

In all seriousness how much do you think this potential P4P king is training with them...My point exactly...Also Diaz and Marcus Davis the glove caught Davis just right...He looked good against Gomi...but his style I think really is just to score with those punces and rely on his chin knowing most woudlnt go to the ground with him...
bjj1605
12/24/11 2:11:30AM

Posted by emfleek

Can't wait for the fight

I thought the same thing when I read this. I was thinking "does this guy ever make a post other than to criticize a fight card???"

Usually very short and have nothing to do with the news article being discussed.

Also, I would pay good money to see Arianny and Brittany make out. Eye contact or not.
40ouncetpkid
12/24/11 11:44:31AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

In all seriousness how much do you think this potential P4P king is training with them...My point exactly...Also Diaz and Marcus Davis the glove caught Davis just right...He looked good against Gomi...but his style I think really is just to score with those punces and rely on his chin knowing most woudlnt go to the ground with him...

Training with world class boxers even alil bit makes you so much better because most boxers and boxing trainers can watch you spar a round and give you a list of things you do wrong.

Hell, Big Nogs stand up use to be nonexistent. Spends a few times training with the cuban national team and now the man has some of the sharpest hands in the division. Not to mention when you correct your footwork and straighten your punches just alil to get more power especially with their long reach gives him a better chance of taking guys out before they can take you out. Cerrone is probably the more versatile striker but diaz hands and reach can make all the difference.
emfleek
12/25/11 10:10:48PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Gotta admit Fleek IM surprised you support Diaz..

I've been a fan ever since his time on TUF when he refused to back down from Karo Parisyan, who I can't stand. I don't agree with some of the stuff he does (EXAMPLE: the whole Strikeforce brawl incident) but I still back the dude.

I mean Cerrones BFF is Leonard Garcia..

Yet another reason to not like him.

As for him and Varner well Varner talked smack teh same way...

No, Varner talked smack but he never took it to the levels that Cerrone took it to, as far as I can remember.

Cerrone can take a punch and Diaz lacks power...Hes pretty accurate but I think Cerrone will walk through Diaz and leg kicks...

Nate's getting there in the power department. He unleashed some serious shit on Gomi. He's only 26...not even in his prime yet.
Pookie
12/26/11 5:50:45PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid
Hell, Big Nogs stand up use to be nonexistent.

When?
Redkayak
12/27/11 2:05:26PM
what was said between cerrone and varner