Couture's Single Leg Takedown Of Toney At 118

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Couture's Single Leg Takedown Of Toney At 118
DCRage
8/30/10 12:08:23PM

I heard Toney apparently didn't work much on the takedowns...
Caesarrrr
8/30/10 1:05:07PM
When i watched it the first time, i thought that it should have been stuffed immediately. But watching the .gif, it's really a beautiful single.
aristipe
8/30/10 1:12:21PM
James Toney had no grappling skills whatsoever and never belonged in the Octagon. Plain and simple.
postman
8/30/10 2:36:52PM
You can see the UFC Canvas is brutal on the knees as soon as Randys knee hits the Mat it stops there was no give at all. LOL good thing he had his range right or he may have been stuffed lol.
marcoDGK
8/30/10 3:23:18PM

Posted by aristipe

James Toney had no grappling skills whatsoever and never belonged in the Octagon. Plain and simple.

It was so ridiculous. I assumed it was going to go that way but not that bad. Not even one punch thrown. wtf. I love to see epic fails but James Toney took the cake.
sparky
8/30/10 4:12:07PM

Posted by aristipe

chickmagnet
8/30/10 6:20:20PM
Rarely do u see a low single, or an ankle pick work in MMA. But it was the perfect move for Randy to use..
BustedKnuckle
8/30/10 6:44:04PM
WAR THE ANKLE PICK. Reminded me of this kid i wrestled with in HS. Half of the time he would shoot the ankle pick as soon as the whistle sounded! Wormk and awful lot as well. Granted he wrestled 105 and was fast as shite
tcunningham
8/31/10 12:10:30AM
the first fight of toney career where he threw zero punches. what a joke. that was the most comical fight ive seen in a long time.
Twenty20Dollars
8/31/10 12:41:24AM
isnt this what palhares does just dive for a leg and grab your ankle untill it breaks or you tap.
gartface
9/1/10 1:43:13PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

isnt this what palhares does just dive for a leg and grab your ankle untill it breaks or you tap.

Something like that. I like how Couture put it though, he said he had to dig that out of his old bag of tricks because he didn't want to give Toney even the slightest range to throw a counter punch. Is there a classier man in MMA? That was a very good way of putting it and respectful to Toney. Kudos to Captain America.