couture on rome is burning

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » couture on rome is burning
cowcatcher
7/31/07 4:40:36PM
randy is on rome is burning as we speak for those interested.
sfmaster
7/31/07 4:52:58PM
I just saw it, pretty good. Randy is just so good with the media.
IrishA-hole
7/31/07 6:36:22PM
good stuff
DJDark41
7/31/07 7:01:53PM
That man is awesome.
Ydoc
7/31/07 7:40:31PM
Anyone want to take a stab at a recap?
johny_rotten
7/31/07 7:54:25PM
Apparently he announced that he would be staring in the next "Scorpion King" movie. As happy as I am that Randy is going to make some dough outside of fighting it makes me a little concerned. Apparently he leaves for S Africa in October. With his title defense in Aug he won't be fighting in September if he wins. Then with him shooting a movie in October he most likely wont be able to train for a fight any time for the rest of the year. With how awful it is that we are waiting for ever to see Serra defend his title, Randy's age, and the influx of HW talent, this could be really awful for the UFC.
juanez13
7/31/07 9:23:52PM
..............there is juss so much talent out there, they shouldnt make fighters wait so long for thir shots, i hate how matt serra isnt gonna defend his title for so long...juss for 6that im not watching TUF6 lol..........and as much as i love randy, i dont want him to take for ever to defend the title, if thats the case i wouldnt ant im to get passed gonzaga, so than gonzaga can defend it and give it to a more deserving fighter, big nog, arlovski(not so sure about him if the rumors he is fighting vera are true, if he wins than he should get the title shot), Cro cop( if he steps in the opctagon to fight, he is well deserved for a shot), Brandon vera(if he shows he is no joke, cus he hasnt been tested yet, and it all might be a fluke), and so many other fighters that are waiting for their opportunity to shine
Ydoc
7/31/07 11:02:33PM
That's a bummer. I hope he isn't looking past Gonzaga in favor for this role. I really want Randy to have focus for this up coming match.

On a lighter note, any idea how his movie role in this film will deal with Randy's ears?
johny_rotten
7/31/07 11:31:29PM

Posted by Ydoc

That's a bummer. I hope he isn't looking past Gonzaga in favor for this role. I really want Randy to have focus for this up coming match.

On a lighter note, any idea how his movie role in this film will deal with Randy's ears?

If there is one thing in MMA that you can be sure of, is Randy was/is/and will be prepared every time he steps in the octagon.

I have to agree with the other poster though. If Randy can't defend the belt again this year I hope GG wins. With Vera, AA, Cro, Nog, hell even Big Tim, and then throw in the fact Barnett and Fedor could be in the UFC and that belt needs to be ready to be defended.
LR
8/1/07 9:43:33AM
LOL, why would Randy fight in September after a late August fight? Even if he wins, he may get suspended from fighting for strikes to the head for 90 days. And if not, it's still a one month turnover for a fight. There's no way it was going to happen anyways.
AchillesHeel
8/1/07 10:19:37AM

Posted by LR

LOL, why would Randy fight in September after a late August fight? Even if he wins, he may get suspended from fighting for strikes to the head for 90 days. And if not, it's still a one month turnover for a fight. There's no way it was going to happen anyways.

I think we're also using the term "starring in" a little loosely here...

He's probably got a one-week filming schedule, for a 45-second fight scene. He might even have a line of dialogue to memorize. Remember Chuck Liddell's appearance in "Blade: The Series"?
waylon_o
8/1/07 10:34:50AM
Remember, when Couture resigned with the UFC the last time, he only signed a 4-fight, 2-year contract. It will probably be a little while after his next fight before we see him back in the Octagon. And it says in the article that he is starring as the Rock's enemy...probably a pretty big role.
LR
8/1/07 11:42:09AM
It's not even the contract. Fighters normally never fight after a month layoff. It's usually 2-3 month layoff.
johny_rotten
8/1/07 1:40:55PM

Posted by LR

It's not even the contract. Fighters normally never fight after a month layoff. It's usually 2-3 month layoff.

I think you are misunderstanding what I said. I said since his fight is in August, he won't be fighting in Sept. Now you can rule out October-Dec at least because he is in this movie. Ideally if he does win his next fight should be the Dec 30th card.
Aether
8/1/07 2:17:09PM
like achilles said, I really doubt that his appearance in this movie is going to occupy more than maybe a week of his time. He will most likely make a small cameo and that's all. since it's happening the month after his fight (I know, october is 2 months after august, but his fight is on the 25th) it's pretty much irrelevant anyway. Personally I think he's going to lose to Gonzaga regardless, but even if he doesn't I really don't see this causing any problems.
johny_rotten
8/1/07 9:08:42PM

Posted by Aether

like achilles said, I really doubt that his appearance in this movie is going to occupy more than maybe a week of his time. He will most likely make a small cameo and that's all. since it's happening the month after his fight (I know, october is 2 months after august, but his fight is on the 25th) it's pretty much irrelevant anyway. Personally I think he's going to lose to Gonzaga regardless, but even if he doesn't I really don't see this causing any problems.

He has said he is the main bad guy. That could take months.