Couture: "Purse For Fedor Fight Should Be $6-10 Million"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Couture: "Purse For Fedor Fight Should Be $6-10 Million"
Copenhagen
8/13/08 4:32:31PM
Link

Is it about wanting to fight Fedor, or is it about money? Couture confuses me sometimes.
balack_o-bama
8/13/08 4:33:37PM
That's alot of money. I'll believe it when I see it. And if Affliction keeps paying fighters like are they are gonna be out of business with-in 2 years.
Copenhagen
8/13/08 4:36:29PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

That's alot of money. I'll believe it when I see it.

He is not saying that's how much it's going to be if it happens, he is saying that's how much he thinks it should be.
I just feel it's disappointing when 1/2 of the quotes I read from Randy involve how much money he should be making.
FrankTheTank1181
8/13/08 4:40:21PM
It's always been about the money with Randy. I doubt his new movie will be making him much.
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/08 5:39:01PM
haha what is with these boxing type purses for couture and fedor's fight.

Honestly I dont think randy is worth that much, get 6-10 million dollars to get crushed by fedor. I dont think fighters should make that much money in 1 fight they should maybe make that much through a couple of fights like 6 or more fights.
Purge
8/13/08 6:20:16PM
I think 600, 000 each is well enough, they made a huge mistake giving Sylvia and Arlovksi in the range of 800,000. Fedor has his signing bonus which is worth well over a million.
MALICE
8/13/08 6:30:56PM
Who knows if Randy actually said this. But if he did it wouldn't surprise me. The day this all started with Randy's press conference, he stated "It is not about the money", but since then every action he has taken and every word that has come out of his mouth have been about him receiving more money. I have changed my opinion of Randy from all-around good natured guy to greedy and self-centered.
Gipper
8/13/08 7:16:59PM
i think a million each and an extra mill for the win. why the f**k not. all these boxers and professional athletes are making millions. why can't 2 of the best mma fighters of all time make a million for one fight. they both have paid their dues. they deserve it.
Kpro
8/13/08 7:42:07PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Who knows if Randy actually said this. But if he did it wouldn't surprise me. The day this all started with Randy's press conference, he stated "It is not about the money", but since then every action he has taken and every word that has come out of his mouth have been about him receiving more money. I have changed my opinion of Randy from all-around good natured guy to greedy and self-centered.

He said it. I heard it on the Adam Carolla radio show this morning in between hitting the Snooze button 10 times.
TWITA
8/13/08 10:02:03PM
seriously, some hollywood idiot has gotten his meat hooks into Randy and has poisoned him. He's losing fans fast and not fighting for over a year is going to kill any chances he has winning any future fights.
the_01
8/14/08 6:52:11PM
Fighting Fedor is most probably gonna be his last, and it wont last more than the first round. So, he wants to go out with a ton of money. Randy knows that mma fans want to see this fight, and he is using this as an excuse.
Considering the fact that Randy is talking money now, give me one fighter who is willing to fight for free. As Matt Huges once said, " ...it puts food on the table.."
breakdown5
8/14/08 10:06:26PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think it's never been about "respect" unless by respect you mean money. I used to love Randy but the whole situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. If he had just finished his fight contract he would have been free and clear to be destroyed by Fedor. But now, he gets a delayed execution via lawsuit. The whole thing is just lame at this point.
MALICE
8/17/08 2:23:37PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by xxMALICExx

He said it. I heard it on the Adam Carolla radio show this morning in between hitting the Snooze button 10 times.

Well......Like I said then....Doesn't surprise me.