Couture Nabs Victory in Court

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Couture Nabs Victory in Court
wolfman
5/19/08 11:14:30PM
Backed by Mark Cuban's HDNet Fights promotion, estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture nabbed a substantial victory Monday in his ongoing legal dispute against Zuffa.

The District Court of Dallas County, Texas, denied Zuffa's three motions to stay, delay and/or dismiss HDNet's challenge of Couture's promotional contract, on which Zuffa says the fighter still owes two bouts.

Link
aaa9erh8er
5/20/08 12:48:47AM
go get them randy
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/20/08 12:50:27AM
Somewhere Dana is dropping F bombs.
telnights
5/20/08 1:06:52AM
This doesn't come as a shock they already knew they would not win in a Texas court. But as much of a victory they want to claim it is its really not he still has some hefty legal problems Nevada and I promise a Nevada judge isn't going to care what some Texas court had to say. Randy's contract is under Nevada law not Texas law and this hole court case in Texas may just end up pissing the Nevada judge off because it should have been taken care of Nevada not Texas.
chubbud22
5/20/08 1:44:46AM
Damn; the UFC can be beat.
Kpro
5/20/08 2:08:02AM
This is still all semantics.

There was a 0% chance they would dismiss the challenge without hearing the case. As if a Texas court would've ruled to delay a hearing based on waiting for a Vegas court to clarify the contract.

There is no victory for either side until we see what happens June 2nd.

And regardless, Couture is a free agent in October anyways so if this court isht drags out, he'll be free anyways.
roman
5/20/08 2:28:21AM

Posted by chubbud22

Well when you can match their lawyers (like team Cuban can) you can win some battles.

This is a good day for Randy, HDnet, Fedor (if he can get past Big Tim), and the fans.
mrsmiley
5/20/08 5:38:33AM

Posted by roman

Posted by chubbud22

Well when you can match their lawyers (like team Cuban can) you can win some battles.

This is a good day for Randy, HDnet, Fedor (if he can get past Big Tim), and the fans.

Yeah.I would guess Cuban has friends in high places.
CornishMMA
5/20/08 1:19:54PM
I just hope Randy doesnt have to start paying his lawyers with his pension money

wait, that was a stupid joke ........ im pretty sure the UFC doesnt have a pension plan!

Kpro is not allowed to get a "Top Poster" badge because of multiple warnings.

LOL quite right too! Wonder if the same goes for me? Oh well i just wont post my top stuff anymore
The-Don
5/20/08 3:01:43PM
Does anyone think this is an indication of who is going to be promoting the Randy Fedor Fight?.... Personally I think this would be a great fight for Fedors New years Eve fight in Japan....
brutalbones
5/20/08 4:44:05PM
No shit! Well, I guess Randy better get training.
AllKnowin1
5/20/08 9:16:55PM
Randy should just finish out his contract....