Couture, at 44, KOs Gonzaga in Third Round

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Couture, at 44, KOs Gonzaga in Third Round
zephead
8/26/07 10:29:15AM
Randy Couture keeps defying logic.

The 44-year-old defeated the bigger and younger Gabriel Gonzaga by a third-round TKO to retain his heavyweight championship at UFC 74 on Saturday night at Mandalay Bay Arena.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/07 11:00:28AM
Man i wish randy wouldnt have broken gonzaga's nose, and then it could have been a better war.
brutalbones
8/26/07 11:03:25AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Man i wish randy wouldnt have broken gonzaga's nose, and then it could have been a better war.

I don't think Randy would agree with you.
casey64
8/26/07 1:10:11PM
I love the results to this fight I love it
patdaddy
8/26/07 1:24:23PM
yeah, i disagree also.. thats the way fights go. with or without the broken nose you could tell randy was the better fighter. but i must say GG impressed me a little the way he tried to hang in there and fight. He showed decent heart...

Except when he wanted a break causde he said he couldnt see! lol.
mikevolz
8/26/07 2:44:12PM
i wish they let it go longer, so gonzaga could get the impression that hes good on his feet knocked out of his head. it was like watching babalu liddell im screaming at the tv for gonzaga to take randy down.

but i guess smart beats big every time.
backalley101
8/26/07 3:26:09PM
I had RANDY to win in the 3 round ko.
Chec22
8/27/07 11:32:52AM

Posted by mikevolz

i wish they let it go longer, so gonzaga could get the impression that hes good on his feet knocked out of his head.

I agree, it appears to me that knocking Cro Cop out with that kick might have given him a few delusions. Am I the only one that saw him trying those head kicks a bit TOO much?
Leland
8/27/07 11:45:39AM
Yeah I knew this was going to happen. I will admit, the first couple minutes i saw them fighting, the size advantage Gonzaga had was huge. But I knew randy was smart and had a great plan to dismantle him. And he did! Was a very good job he did too. It seems like randy is good at dismantling the big guys :P first timmy, now gonzaga.